Our Reception Venue

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsGroves2B, Aug 29, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I wanted to share some photographs of our reception venue. This is a pub function room, but its such a beautiful venue I think for a pub! It has its own private entrance and car park so it is completely separate from the pub, but at the same time its linked to the pub.

xx

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Aug 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

The second photograph is a separate balcony that the DJ is on. The third photograph is a little sort of quiet seating area.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Aug 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

That looks lovely! Like you say - not what you'd expect for a pub! :)

Becky, Aug 30, 2012
  4. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

That really does look amazing inside! Definitely not what I expected to see. Are you having the sit down meal and everything? Do you mind me asking what sort of cost is the venue looking for?

nikster1987, Aug 30, 2012
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

No, we're having a buffet only, but there is an option to use the main pub bit for a carvery before if you wanted, but our wedding is at 3.30pm so we're having an evening only.

We've paid £230 deposit, need to pay another £100 for the DJ and the rest is £6.50 per person, and you can pay extra for things if you want it, but basic is £6.50 per head.

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 4, 2012
  6. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

That's a pretty good deal too be fair. I was considering just an evening buffet, but my fiance has asked if we could have a sit down meal, because of family members with limited mobility and things. I'm looking into the best place near us now. Hopefully it will all work out when it comes to it :)

nikster1987, Sep 4, 2012
  7. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

We wanted the full works but budget meant no, so we've settled on just a simple evening reception, at the end of the day the most important part for us was the ceremony and getting the marriage certificate. We wanted things like cars, cake, etc, but we didn't want to pay the earth, so we shopped around. This was a beautiful venue and was the cheapest around, we'd been there in the past so we were happy to go with it!

MrsGroves2B, Sep 30, 2012
  8. MrsGroves2B

ThisKissx

This looks nice :)

x

ThisKissx, Oct 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question