Our Fab New Venue!

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ok so trying this again but am doing 2 pics at a time as I am putting too many up in one post & it won't upload them so here goes...

Ok so my appointment with them was at 2oclock Thursday. I haven't took any pictures of when we 1st arrived as we were running late, thanks to my sis who was meant to drop her daughter off to me by 20 past 1 so I could look after her while she went to work but she didn't turn up till nearly 20 to 2!!!! :angry: Luckily the lady was running late as her previous appointment turned up 45mins late :eek:. Still that worked in our favour but this is why my pics are backwards.

Ok so this is the permanent marquee where the wedding breakfast will be served, it has gorgeous twinkly lights i the ceiling. Obviously it is not laid out for a wedding but I googled it & see it laid out for a wedding & it looks gorgeous!!!
    [​IMG]

This is what it looks like on google all made up for a wedding.
    [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Think I prefer the brown chairs though to the black....

Ok so this is the room where we will get married. The chairs are apparantly laid out in a curve so it is different to the normal lay out. To be honest I can't really picture it in my head but am sure it looks amazing!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know it doesn't look too special at the mo but I think all laid out properly it will look amazing!

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ooops done the same pic twice :eek: :angry:
    [​IMG]
    How funny just noticed someone has left a packet of fags on the floor as I put this up here lol. Shows how much I was looking at everything else!

[​IMG]
    This will be where the dance floor will be set up

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  4. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

The lounge area which is next to the bar & where people can sit to get away from the music & can chat together. They have also told us that they will arrange the whole room however we like! If we want everything taken out and put in how we like they will!! Don't think I will do that though as think it will all be set out lovely how they do it & love the way the lounge area is all set out.
    [​IMG]

There is a gorgeous pond in the grounds will just warn all the parents about it 1st. Excuse how misty it looks I took it through the window of the marquee.
    [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  5. Mrsg2b2011

ilovepink1984

It looks lovely sweetie - so glad you like it. Its lovely and modern and clean lines but it looks absolutely stunning set out for the wedding and love those twinkly lights. Looks like it will create a fab atmosphere. Well done you xxx

ilovepink1984, Aug 7, 2010
  6. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

It looks lovely! Glad it got sorted and you've found somewhere you're so happy with :D

MrsC2Be, Aug 7, 2010
  7. Mrsg2b2011

ilovepink1984

Ooh, you were still posting! Lounge area looks fab and a great idea for people to take a breather and chat, relax etc etc! Looks so lovely for you. Yay! xxx

8. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

A couple of shots of the fab views
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somewhere for a lovely picture moment
    [​IMG]

Ok my curry has just arrived so off to fill my face & I will be back with more! Yes sorry there is more!!....:lol: :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  9. Mrsg2b2011

ilovepink1984

Lol! Enjoy your curry!! Don't apologise for the photos - you know as well as I do that we all LOVE photos and I'm so happy for you :D

We saw our venue again today all set up and took my mum and dad. Looked so fabby and so excited! xxx

10. Mrsg2b2011

iPrincess26

MrsG it looks fabulous, am getting jealous! Hope your curry is good and you know us lot on here love photos the more the better - I agree the brown chairs are nicer. :D

iPrincess26, Aug 7, 2010
  11. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Mmmm yummy thats better!! :lol: Thank you for all your lovely comments! I am so excited. Soph did you take any pics of your venue? I would love to see it! xxx

Ok so my mum came with me Thursday as Mark couldn't take anymore time off work so I am taking him the week after next as he has a week off. Lucky enough he trusted me to make a good choice!!! :lol: . My mum was a star as always! She kept both the kiddies occupied, with a little help of this:
    [​IMG]

Ryan & my sisters little girl had the time of their lives!!!

[​IMG]

Here they are washing up. I have covered my sisters little girls face as I have not asked her permisiion to put her little girl on t'internet & its not my place to put her on here. Nothing against you guys of course just know how I would feel if I stumbled acroos & pic of Ryan that I hadn't put up one day!! :D
    [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  12. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

This is the entrance
    [​IMG]
    Excuse the random man!!! lol

This is some pics of the long driveway, its about half a mile long & so lovely
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the automatic gates. It all looks so posh. I wanted to take some more pics & try & get some pics of the gates as you enter but then someone came behind me!! So inconsidereate of them!!! :lol: :lol:
    [​IMG]
    See how close the travellodge is? Love it! Know we won't have a bridal suite but just as longs as the bed isn't 2 singles pushed together I won't care!! :lol: Mind you now we have bough the date forward my cousin can come as she was away on the 15th, & she has said if I give her my room keys her & her husband will go in & decorate our room with rose petals & candles & stuff. So sweet of her!!

When I went there & discussed the money with her I said about adding the 2.5% V.A.T as I had worked it out at 20%. She said no, if we book this year they are letting us pay the 17.5%!!! So that has saved us £120 to what I worked it out at!! :D Also we should be getting our deposit back from the other venue aswell!!! Mark spoke to the manager yestreday & he has assured us we willl be getting it back & there will be a cheque in the post Monday so we shall see. He asked us not to leave bad reviews & I said as far as I am concerned if we get our money back the subject is closed & I really hope he manages to turn everything round & makes it a success.
    So what with getting that back & not having to pay the V.A.T increase makes it a win situation. Plus it works out about £600 cheaper!!!! I am just waiting for her to email me the T&C's & confirm the amount before we pay the deposit but we have it confirmed for the 8th April 2011, with them, the registrar, the DJ & the hairdresser, who used to do my hair when I used to do the wedding fayres when my friend worked in the bridal shop. I am so happy I found her as she is brilliant & she doesn't charge the earth!!!

Hopefully thats all for now! If you have read this far, thank you for staying with it!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  13. Mrsg2b2011

iPrincess26

It all looks fantastic and such a bargain too, excellent that they won't be adding the extra VAT, fingers crossed the cheque turns up soon xx

iPrincess26, Aug 7, 2010
  14. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks hun I will let you know when the cheque turns up!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  15. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

I'm dead chuffed its all worked out for you. It all looks gorgeous. Luckily something crap turned into something wonderful, it was obviously meant to be! x

MrsC2Be, Aug 7, 2010
  16. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks hun!! Yes that was my mantra for the past couple of weeks, everything happens for a reason. Looks like this was the reason :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  17. Mrsg2b2011

MrsC2Be

Woooop :D brill news. Now you get on with loads of planning and we can ogle your photos :lol:

MrsC2Be, Aug 7, 2010
  18. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

I am jut checking out waistcoats & bouquets!!!! Think I knew deep down that the previous venue wasn't right. Whenever I thought about getting married I couldn't imagone it being ther you know? Now I think about this venue all the time. Good times!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 7, 2010
  19. Mrsg2b2011

Helen

So pleased that you have managed to sort everything out and your new venue looks fab! Loving those twinkly lights! :D

Helen, Aug 8, 2010
  20. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Thanks Helen :D am so happy. Can't believe it is all sorted & that it will be a week sooner!! Whoop!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question