Our Best Buys And Various Costings So Far!

Discussion in 'Best Buys and Bargains' started by MrsGroves2B, Jul 27, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

We live in the Black Country area of the West Midlands (Wolverhampton, but getting married in Dudley as we're from a small town on the outskirts of Dudley). If anyone is from the area I have some very good places I could recommend!

Our best buys so far are:

Photography and videography:
    We're going through a friend of mine's best friend, who have a photography and videography business, and have been doing photography and videography for years, but always volunteered their services to their friends and their church and did it for free. They've now decided to go as a business so are very cheap at the moment. We had their second from top photography package (the only difference between that and the top one is with the top one the photographer comes to take photos of the bride getting ready, but I'll be having my hair done at one place, my make up at another, so wont be in much for getting ready, so didn't bother!) and their basic wedding video package, which is basically the ceremony, but my Uncle is good with videoing so we may ask him to take a camcorder and do the evening reception. We get a disc with all our photographs included and lots of photos of various sizes and some in an album, all for £530.

Cars:
    Our best deal yet we think! The company have been around for about 18 months and we met them at many wedding fayres in the area. They had one car only- a silver 1964 Daimler. We thought we'd save money and just have the one car and felt we could go without a second car. We booked and paid the deposit about 7-8 weeks ago. Two weeks ago I received a text message from the company (one of the people who work there) asking if I was still interested and sent me their apologies for their late reply but my message I sent via inbox on Facebook had only just got to them as their account had got hacked, and have only now got it sorted. When I told him I'd booked he replied with an apology and ignore his message, he'd got my details in front of him and that my deposit was paid, and revealed that the good news was that the company had a new car now- a fairly modern silver S-Type Jaguar and its ours on the day inclusive of the price we've been quoted! I asked for a confirmation letter in writing, which I received later that week, so for a silver 1964 Daimler and a silver S-Type Jaguar we're paying a total of £270.

Suits:
    Our suit hire company do three packages- hire 4 suits and pay for 3, hire six suits and pay for 4, hire 10 suits and pay for 7. Basically, hire 4 or 5 suits and its a free suit, hire 6-9 and its two free suits and hire 10 or more and its three free suits. We're only hiring four suits so took up the offer. For four suits- tailcoats, four cravats, four waistcoats, four shirts, four handkerchiefs and four pairs of shoes it comes to a total of £281.81.

Church:
    We are members of our church and have been going there for a few years now. We're in the church choir, on the PCC for our church and up until June this year we were the churchwardens there. This doesn't mean that we can get the legal side of things and the ceremony at a reduced rate, but it does mean that the choir (so far!) are willing to sing for free as a sort of gift to us if you like, and a couple of extras are free or reduced. Exact costs are unknown at the moment as the wedding fees for the Church of England are going up a lot in 2013, and the vicar will have definite figures by the Autumn, but free choir and little extras sounds good to me! Hehe!

Reception:
    Probably not a fantastic deal, but certainly reasonably priced. We're having evening only with their DJ. Its in a private function room at a local pub, but it has private entrance, car park, bar, toilets, etc, so its secluded from the bar and carvery area. We've paid £100 for the room hire and £130 for the DJ, but they charge you for both of these as your deposit. Food is £6.50 per head, and exact numbers will be near the date, but counting on 120 people as our maximum (27 of those are children, and 17 of those 27 are aged 0-5, but for argument sake we've charged these as adults for working out costs for the time being) it comes to a total of (including the room hire and DJ) £1010.

Other bits:
    We had a friend of ours who was going to get married, but due to circumstances the wedding got cancelled and later they split up. They had got virtually everything they needed for the wedding and sold everything they had, including the wedding dress, underskirt and veil, except for the bridesmaids dresses (they wouldn't fit ours) for a total of £290. This came with a load of balloons and a voucher to have them inflated at a local balloon place, balloon weights, favour bags, button holes (100 standard, 6 men's button holes and 4 women's coursages), bride's bouquet, 2 bridesmaids' bouquets, two flower baskets with petals for the flower girls, along with those flowers on the beaded pearls that go on their wrists (I forget their proper name!), two tiara and necklace sets for the bridesmaids, two of the mini tiaras that's like a hair clip on top of the head (I really am useless at the technical names, sorry!), car bows, 2 shirt, waistcoat and cravat sets for men, even spare bits for the diamante things on the flowers, plus a lot of other things I can't remember off the top of my head! I thought about the wedding dress, and technically its second hand but it was never worn, I think it was tried on once and that was it!

Rings:
    We went for a matching set, a simple plain white gold band with a tiny diamond in the centre. Inside the rings they are engraved with two hearts- one soul. We had them from Argos and I think at the time they cost us for the pair about £190.

MrsGroves2B, Jul 27, 2012
    nikster1987, gildius and Becky like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

You have found some amazing deals! Well done.

nikster1987, Aug 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 4, 2012
  4. MrsGroves2B

JGFrancis

We have managed to find some really nice suits with Formal Tailor a company based in Oxfordshire, found out about them through searching google. We managed to fit up my H2B, Best Man, my father & his with Suits, Waistcoats & Accessories all for around £90 each.

Best part is after the wedding all we have to return is the Jacket & Trousers meaning we get to keep the Cufflinks, Handkerchief, Cravats, Shirts and Waistcoats. Definately would say the quality as well it a fantastic deal.

JGFrancis, Feb 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question