Organising A Hen Do

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by KiKi87, Sep 24, 2013.

1. KiKi87

KiKi87

Hiya...

My sister is getting married in August 2014 and I am the Chief Bridesmaid.

This is all new to me and I've never organised anything as big as a Hen night/weekend away before.

I haven't emailed the other Hens yet to introduce myself (there are 19 Hens including myself and my sister). Obviously, as I haven't even sent out an introductory email yet I don't know the budgets of Hens or if they would be up for it but I don't know if me just telling them she wants to do Ibiza and not give any leeway is the best option.

I have specific dates from my sister and where she would like to go which is Ibiza for 3 nights (4 days).

I have put together an email which I want to send to the Hens however, I have no idea if it's right. I don't want to give any other options away at the moment as I know my sister would like to go to Ibiza and I don't want the whole Hen do to become stressful and/or complicated. If anyway would like to take the time to read the email I have prepared and/or would like to change it or have any better ideas please let me know your email address and I will forward it on.

I would be ever so grateful for tips on how to arrange the Hen do... especially if you have arranged a Hen abroad before or have great ideas in general.

Any thoughts whether they're are good or negative please pass them on :)

Many thanks.

Kayleigh

xxx

KiKi87, Sep 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. KiKi87

Becky

Welcome to the forums Kayleigh! :)

Sounds like you have a lot to organise! Hen dos seem to be getting more and more expensive nowadays, so it might be a good idea to send out an introductory email first just to say that your sister has requested Ibiza and how does everyone feel about it? You don't need to go into too much detail, but I guess a rough idea of potential cost might be useful. If most people are keen, then go for it. If it's going to be a problem for a lot of people then might be worth talking to your sister and see whether she would prefer doing something that more people can come to, or whether Ibiza is important enough that she would rather go with fewer people.

To be honest, some weekends away in the UK can be just as expensive as going abroad! A good way to keep costs down is to get a self-catering house as it often works out cheaper than a hotel, but I guess it depends on how many people are going.

Becky, Sep 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. KiKi87

KiKi87

Thank you for your advice.
    I am going to include a rough price in my email to the other girlies - thanks for this info :)
    I will see what responses I get back - scary :/
    xxx

KiKi87, Sep 26, 2013
  4. KiKi87

Becky

Hope it all goes well - let us know how you get on!

Becky, Sep 27, 2013
  5. KiKi87

Helen

I went on a hen party earlier this year and it was the best organised one I've ever been to. The chief hen had looked it all up beforehand, costed everything including food and drink in the house we stayed in and emailed everyone the full details and cost on her introduction email. Everyone who wanted to go then sent her a cheque for everything so all we had to do was turn up. There was no whinging from anyone, people either came or didn't. The only thing that wasn't included was any shopping we did, drinks out in town and the taxi we ended up taking as it was snowing. Good luck!

Helen, Oct 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question