Opinions/ Advice On Wedding Video Please

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by tinkerblast, Jun 13, 2013.

1. tinkerblast

tinkerblast

Hi, I'm trying to get a realistic cost of having my wedding filmed from getting ready to the first dance. It seems most companies aren't very forthcoming with their rates on their websites and want you to contact them directly for quotes. Before I go giving out my contact info all over the place I was hoping people could let me know what a realistic cost is so I have an idea of whether it's something we can even stretch to.
    Also I've been advised it may be cheaper to have a wedding highlights video rather than have the full day filmed and edited. Apparently this comprises of a sort of montage of the key moments (getting ready, ceremony, throwing bouquet etc) there's no audio, you just select tracks to be played over approx 20 minutes of footage (such as what you walked down the aisle/had first dance to etc)
    I'm not sure what I think of this option, probably because I have my heart so set on the "traditional" video package.
    I'd be interested to know what other brides (past or future!) think to the highlights option, if anyone has had this done and again a rough idea of what would be a realistic cost.
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

tinkerblast, Jun 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. tinkerblast

MrsGroves2B

Hi.

We have a wedding video booked for our wedding by the same people who are doing our photography, but just having the ceremony for budgeting purposes. This has cost us £150 but we had a discount for booking photos and videos. They should be able to do photo highlights too. Usually video is quite a bit more than what we had it for though xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. tinkerblast

Becky

Welcome to the forum tinkerblast! :)

As with all wedding related suppliers, it really does vary. A friend of mine got married 2 years ago and had an amazing wedding video done by Jeff Wood Visuals, but I think it cost around £2,000. It was the most beautiful video I've ever seen though and she feels that it was worth every penny. I really wish I'd had one done too!!

That being said there will be far cheaper options out there (like MrsGroves2B has done above by having the same people doing photography and video).

When you say 'traditional' wedding video, do you mean a video of events as they happen, or are you referring to video with audio? Wedding videos have come such a long way, some of the montages are beautiful and capture the feeling of the day better than something more formal.

Where abouts are you getting married?

Becky, Jun 14, 2013
  4. tinkerblast

Doreen Guido

Dear,

The best way is to consult with your friends,who have got married...you know,they are more experienced,and you might come to see a local company as well.... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Doreen Guido, Nov 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question