Omg, I'm Married!

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsT_2be, Sep 10, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

008.JPG
    Brazenhall Barns. A Stunning 5* holiday home. We had the best weekend and weather you can ask for!

005.JPG
    Spacious Lounge, Kitchen and Dining Area

073.JPG
    Long corridor that leads to the 7 bedrooms

030.JPG
    My Lovely Bespoke wedding cake

021.JPG
    My "borrowed" tiara

614443_10151168924918838_1653831441_o.jpg
    This is me! ^_^ My new husband loved the dress.. ;)

All my guests thought this Barn was gorgeous, that we couldn't have picked a better place! We had a wonderful day.

MrsT_2be, Sep 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

We hired this barn from Fri 7th - Mon 10th Sept.

We were all running around like headless chickens..!

My nerves were getting to me that my parts of my hand gone numb sensation feeling..! But i manage to say my vows without shaking in my voice then again registrar had to repeat last bit a few times!

I will post some more pics when i get hold of some good ones off from friends.

xx

MrsT_2be, Sep 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

MrsBrown

Congratulations to you both so glad you had a wonderful day. You look stunning and the venue and cake looks gorgeous!

MrsBrown, Sep 11, 2012
  4. MrsT_2be

Becky

Congratulations! It all looks amazing, and you look beautiful! Can't wait to see some more pics and hear more about it :)

Becky, Sep 11, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

Helen

Congratulations! Looks fabulous and loving your dress. Looking forward to seeing more photos :)

Helen, Sep 11, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

elliekitty

Congrats!! You look lovely!! xx

elliekitty, Sep 12, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

Frogbitch

More pics please!

Frogbitch, Sep 14, 2012
    MrsT_2be likes this.
  8. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Here you go.. ^_^ Hope you like them!

010.JPG
    Panoramic view of the barn from one side

009.JPG
    View from Patio area

111.JPG
    My super king size bedroom

IMG_1415.JPG
    My lovely friend's Audi A4, offered her car as my wedding car - perfect! :D

018.JPG
    I love these shoes!

016.JPG
    I bought this bolero and I added the stick-on diamontes myself.

IMG_1378.JPG
    This is my close friend and we've been friends over 20 years.. ( the owner of the Audi) help making bouquets.

yanne.png
    Me again..

IMG_1412.JPG
    Our lovely bridesmaids with another close friend of mine and my friend's little girl.

066.JPG
    With our friend, her husband with their daughter of 6 and son of 11 months old

098.JPG
    My bouquet - Large and small red Gerberas and cream roses.

MrsT_2be, Sep 15, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  9. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

I'm still waiting for more pictures off 3 friends.. :rolleyes:

MrsT_2be, Sep 15, 2012
  10. MrsT_2be

Becky

Yay! :D Gorgeous photos! Were they ones just taken by a friend? They look really professional! I love your dress, and the bolero matches so well. Very impressed with the diamante skills too!

Becky, Sep 16, 2012
  11. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

More...

WP_000164.jpg
    This was 2 days before my spare room is full of wedding stuff, you name it, it's in there somewhere..

WP_000172.jpg
    Lovely weather, so gorgeous! day before

WP_000177.jpg
    Lovely evening and so pretty,night before

001.JPG
    Me and my friend busy making bouquets

WP_000169.jpg
    My husbands buttonhole i made, I'm really pleased with it too!

021.JPG
    Me and my wedding car, nice! B)

IMG_1453.JPG
    I really like to enjoy my meal so i slipped into something bit more comfortable to eat in. This dress is called cheongsam/qipao.

025.JPG
    Everyone enjoying a relaxing low key wedding ^_^

IMG_1449.JPG
    Lovely canape ready to be served, mmmm..

Anybody getting bored of my photos yet? :p xx

MrsT_2be, Sep 16, 2012
  12. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi Becky,

Some pictures I've posted are from my cousin, my husband, my camera but my brother is the main person taking nice photos for us (these are on my husbands Mac, we'll use his Mac to put together an album then send off to get a lovely Photobook.
    The only professional we used in our wedding were the caterers. I tasted the most amazing cheesecake - white chocolate cheesecake with fresh raspberries! the head cook only works as a cook for a well-off family and she does this on the side, cook for guests who stay at Brazenhall Barns.

Thank you Becky, not bad DIY work there..hehe my husband also thought my bolero was lovely and he didn't believe i stuck them on myself, I said I done them while he was away at work (European freight forwarder).
    I had a very low key wedding, so i hope people are not bored of my wedding photos. :p LikeI said I still got more photos to come from 3 others!
    xx

MrsT_2be, Sep 16, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  13. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

I posted a topic about my rings with so many problems for Smooch to get our rings right. We got them 1 week before the wedding day! Sigh finally..

I finished work on a Tuesday and colleagues signed a card and contributed towards a little gift for me. I'm not confident person especially when I speak to a crowd! Waiting for 5 o'clock to come round, everyone started to gather up and the radio turned off...! Oh dear I know what's happening. A presentation was done! I was shaking and shaking in my voice trying to say thank you, so I made it short and simple, done! They got me 'wedding horseshoe' which is in the photo and Euros currency as we're off to Cyprus which was thoughtful.

I'm quite a nervous person and I starting to hyper-ventilate and this lasted until couple of days after the wedding! I'm ok now. We went to a Spa facilities to relax and felt better than hour after I got home my dad calls about the route we take to Norfolk!!! :blink: He asks 2 days before and soon I was hyper-ventilating again!

We arrive at the barn by 4pm and unloaded the van and then Tesco turned up with our breakfast shopping. I took some pictures of the barn before others start turning up.

Soon got started on the buttonholes with some help. My husband sorted the dinner out with pizza, lasagne, garlic bread and salad, chilled out for a bit then next we had to do the bouquets. Lovely red gerberas large and small with cream roses. Sorted, can relax now. My husband was outside looking at the stars as the sky was so clear, he said to me. "Am i ready to be his Mrs" replied "ready if you are!" I said "it's tomorrow" and at the same time... we said "sh*t!!"

My bridesmaid and I decide to call it a night (10.45pm) but i didn't get to sleep gone midnight.

The big day...

I was woken by someone having a shower about 6am in the next room! I knew it was my h2b (at the time :p ) cause he was sharing a room with my bridesmaid's boyfriend. I laid there half asleep, half awake. Eventually got up 7.45 and my hairdresser is due at 9. Whilst getting sorted my h2b (then) walked past our french door, not close but his was on the phone but I got my bridesmaid to shoo him back up the barn and stay away! close call!!
    I done my own make-up because I just couldn't let anyone near my eye with a mascara wand. I choose to give my thank you gifts to my friends away from others. I gave them both sterling sliver matching earrings and necklace set. And ask them I would like them to wear them for the day and they were more than happy to.

It was getting close to 1pm! Soon we left for the register office as the time came to walk in.. Little did I know I was video by my cousin, as I stood next to my h2b asked me if I was ok (later told me in the car back to the barn that I looked like I was about to past out!)

I said my vows fine but couple of times i got tongue-tied!! :p before I knew it, we were husband and wife!! OMG I'm married!!! :lol:

After that I began to relax.. ;)

Ok that's it for now.

xxx

MrsT_2be, Sep 16, 2012
  14. MrsT_2be

Helen

Your wedding looks fabulous :)

I love both of your dresses - beautiful!

Helen, Sep 17, 2012
  15. MrsT_2be

Becky

I'm glad it was worth all the stress and anxiety! The photos look amazing, as does the food - I can completely understand you wanting to change into a more comfortable dress to accommodate it! The red dress looks great :)

Becky, Sep 17, 2012
  16. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Thank you!!

Ok where was I, oh yes!

As you do, photos were been taken then guests start to make their way back to the barn first then us last. When we arrived back and soon as we stepped in to the barn, it felt like we were celebrities and mopped by paparazzi..! Like you do after 15 mins you're already struggle to hold a smile..! :D

But thanks to my brother he was very good and patient and took some lovely photos for his little sister's wedding! ^_^ we got photos from one of his camera but still got to get ones from his other camera!

By this point people were getting hungry and by the time my hubby and I went to get something to eat, we didn't see hardly any of the canape. Scrapped together what's left but thankfully there's still cake to come.. So it wasn't long we cut the cake cause hubby and I were still bit hungry!

Soon my mum was on to me to just 'pass' my bouquet to my cousin in front of my cousin! I said it doesn't count I have to toss it plus she has to 'catch' it.! my mum is very old fashion and quite shallow too

MrsT_2be, Sep 18, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  17. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Oh and one more thing which was very special was that when I was 14 my grandma (dad's mum) bought me a gold necklace. In traditional chinese wedding bride don't get the necklace til the day you get married. The necklace was pass to my mum when she visited HK and my mum has shown me the necklace quite a few times and being a british born chinese, my grandparents all live in Hong Kong. She knew she can't make it to my wedding day, I wasn't sure myself how old I will be by the time I get married either. She died in September 2009 so I was pleased that my mum remembered to bring it and I finally get to wear my necklace that was in my mum safekeeping for 18 years!

I wore my necklace proudly :)

Thank you for my lovely necklace grandma! RIP xx

MrsT_2be, Sep 18, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  18. MrsT_2be

Helen

How lovely that you were able to wear the necklace :) Your whole day sounds amazing and so personal. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I totally agree about it going so fast! I don't know how people manage with weddings starting later in the day.

Helen, Sep 19, 2012
  19. MrsT_2be

Becky

Ha ha that's funny about the bouquet! I'm glad you did the proper throw ;) Sounds like you had a great time, and that's lovely about your grandma's necklace xx

Becky, Sep 19, 2012
  20. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Typical of my mum!

My grandma bought the necklace especially for me, only waited 18 years to wear it. haha

xx

MrsT_2be, Sep 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question