Off To Brighton - 1950's Style

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsO'Sullivan2be, May 5, 2010.

1. MrsO'Sullivan2be

MrsO'Sullivan2be

I think my hen do was organised before the wedding - ha ha ...

My hen do will take place in Brighton - for one night only - as many of the ladies joining me have kids ... plus budget was an issue.

After the intial struggle in finding a hotel to allow us for one night we settled on the Premier Inn (not as fancy as we liked but we know that they have a good standard of rooms - and GOOD beds)

Two of my best friends have organised an 'activity' for the day time, which will be a complete surprise but I am told that I will love every mintue ! ha ha

I have then managed to find a hair dresser who will give me the 1940/50's victory roll hair do I am after, I will then don my huge petticoat and 'rock n roll' dress which my mum has made me (WHAT A STAR)

We were then thinking of having a Tapas party at the local La Tasca as they do a party deal at £15 or £20 a head - LOADS of food - people can then pick what they want.

And then onto a night of drinking and DANCING ! - what is everyone else doing ??

MrsO'Sullivan2be, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsO'Sullivan2be

WelshBride

Sounds fab!

I'm just having a night out in town with a load of friends. Having a neon retro theme, so lots of neon pink, green and yellow leg warmers, beads and tutus [​IMG] We're all meeting in my mums pubs for a few drinks and possibly food (if I can sweet talk my mother into doing it!) then it'll either be a party bus or limo into Swansea few drinkies around the pubs then onto nightclub where we'll be having a reserved area next to the dance floor [​IMG]

Looking forward to it now [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsO'Sullivan2be

Helen

Wow both sound great :D

I've not got that far yet but am on the look out for ideas...!

Helen, May 6, 2010
  4. MrsO'Sullivan2be

jemra

Mrs O Sullivan - you'll have a brilliant time!
    I loved my Brighton Hen Do so much this weekend.... I'd love to sneak on yours too :D

jemra, Jun 2, 2010
  5. MrsO'Sullivan2be

poshpolly

[​IMG] Mrs O'Sullivan2b I love the theme. Have u ever bought a dress from Vivien of Holloway?? they have fab 1950's dresses. U must put ur pics on im dyin 2 c them. I tried to do a victory roll from a tutorial on utube but it looked more like a swiss roll [​IMG] when id finished lol....wise move 2 leave it to the pros x

poshpolly, Jun 2, 2010
  6. MrsO'Sullivan2be

MrsO'Sullivan2be

I had a FAB time my girls did me proud ... my mum made my dress from a vintage pattern I brought from Ebay ! and it looked fab, plus I didnt have to worry about anyone else having the same dress as me !

Weekend was a great success so once pictures have been sorted I will upload a few on here :p

MrsO'Sullivan2be, Jun 14, 2010
  7. MrsO'Sullivan2be

juliak

All sounds fanbloodytastic and yes I definitely would like to see some pics! Not got a theme for mine, but might insist that everyone don some sort of headwear!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  8. MrsO'Sullivan2be

poppleminster

Awesome! Brighton is excellent fun anyway but your hen do just sounds fab! What was the daytime suprise? :p

poppleminster, Jun 14, 2010
  9. MrsO'Sullivan2be

Becky

Glad you had a great time! Looking forward to seeing some pics! :p

Becky, Jun 14, 2010
  10. MrsO'Sullivan2be

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah fab! So glad you had a great time. Can't wait to read about it & see the pics!!! :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question