Now It's All Over, Was There Anything You Would Change Slightly?

Discussion in 'Veterans' started by MrsT_2be, Oct 28, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi to all the newly happily married couples.. ^_^

Looking back at the photos to remind me of what happened on the day and i'm sure some of you don't even remember taking certain pictures (before the ceromony)!

Register office was fine.

My venue is actually a amazing 5* holiday home in the countryside of North Norfolk. We had a wedding weekend and our guest commented "what a idyllic location and couldn't have choosen a better place for such a special occasion". Definately wouldn't change it.

Only little things like we wished we'd up our budget on per head on the canape, by the time my hubby and I got to it we only manage to scrap together what's left ( rolls, smoked salmon and a squirt of lemon.. ) thankfully there's still the cake!

I wished i didn't wear an evening dress (cheap one) cause i really loved every minute of me in my wedding dress.

Also wished there's little more pictures of my hubby and i BUT it was still a wonderful day.

So was there anything on your day you wish you changed?

MrsT_2be, Oct 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

Helen

We had a wedding day and a reception day so I will do both separately.

Wedding day - wouldn't change anything, if I was being picky I would make it less windy!
    Reception day - if budget had been no issue I would have had one of those thousands of pounds firework displays!

Even though we had two days it went so quickly, we got married early ish (I can't remember now but I think it was about midday) and we started our reception day at 2pm. I really don't know how people fit the whole lot in one day! We talked about having our reception later but I'm glad we didn't, if anything I would move it forward to 1pm, although that would have given me less time to finish the cake and flowers on the morning and we were a bit late as it was. Our wedding day also went by quickly, we did have an hour to go back to the hotel and relax between photos and meal so that was good.

Helen, Oct 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

I do love a firework display. It'll make a great finale!

MrsT_2be, Oct 28, 2012
  4. MrsT_2be

Becky

I was really happy with our day, but if I could rewind time then I would have picked a different hairdresser (they overran quite a lot which meant the rest of getting ready was rushed!).

I would also have organised better music for after the band had played - we just had my iPod linked up to the band's speakers and amp, and I didn't have time to put together a proper playlist.

Only minor niggles though :)

Becky, Oct 29, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

CuriousWedding

I would definitely have had a videographer to capture the day. It's such a busy time and we missed quite a lot of the fun that was going on so it would be nice to press the play button and relive the day.

CuriousWedding, Jan 10, 2013
  6. MrsT_2be

Sarita

Hi there,

I got married at the end of September at a very simple but special ceremony.

The only thing that bugs me is that at the end of the ceremony the registrar said "You may kiss the bride" to my husband. I thought this was only something that happens in cheesy Hollywood films! My husband and I had made sure our ceremony was as egalitarian as possible but we had overlooked this..

Perhaps it seems strange to some people that this would annoy me, but I think that it is an outdated and sexist element of the ceremony.

Happy to discuss further ;)

Sarita, Nov 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question