Nice Day For A Wet Wedding!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2012.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

So today is my friends wedding.. So excited. The fact that it's rained non stop for 24 hours and there is flood warnings on the river near the church won't stop us!!! umberellas at the ready!!!

I do feel for her, she choose July as she had hoped for a nice day but my experience is now if you want a nice day choose another month completely. Did it rain on anyone else's wedding day? In sept for mine it rained In Am but was lovey in afternoon!

Anyway I never did post a pic of outfit, I have opted for silver shoes I already had, found a gorgeous little bluey grey bag in new look for a £10 ( it is a clutch with lace) and a grey/ blue shrug.. Got a thing for my hair from amazon for a £5 all sorted. Dress still fits over my quickly growing bump that looks like a bump not just the wobbly bits like before!

Anyway bump and i are ready to party and might have a tiny bit of champange.. Just a sip as have not been drinking..no alcohol for over 5 months.. Wish I had the will power when not pregnant! Baby is kicking lots this morning.. He must be excited!!!

Pointless post but excited to share! I'll post some pics later if baby brain lets me remember!

MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

http://www.weddingbee.com/2012/02/22/wedding-day-rain-3/

I found this link!!! Ace photos.

And apparently it is considered good luck for it to rain on your wedding day!!

MrsBrown, Jul 7, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

Helen

Have a great time!

I've been to a couple of wet weddings but I have only seen the photos from one of them (and that was a city wedding with most pictures done inside the town hall), I think that is the worst part of it being a wet day if you were wanting outdoor/view photos.

Helen, Jul 7, 2012
  4. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Can you believe it the sun shone from 11 until 5!! I had to shelter from the heat at one stage!!! The electrics weren't working very well in the church and most of the lights were out due to heavy rain and there was still a flood warning on the river next to it, but given that the rain had been so bad that prince Charles had visited the next village due to flooding the day before, we couldn't believe it.

Bride looked amazing and had a fab day :)

MrsBrown, Jul 8, 2012
  5. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

saw a couple of your photos on fb, you and bump looked lovely :) glad the weather didn't ruin things entirely in the end :)

MrsC2Be, Jul 9, 2012
  6. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

That's lovely news about the weather - and I agree with MrsC2Be you look fab in the pics!

iPrincess26, Jul 9, 2012
  7. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thank you.. Bit reluctant to post on here and sure we have a fair few spammers about at mo! Not my wedding and all that!

Hated my hair, it would not do a bloomin thing! Ever since I had it done for my own wedding I have hated it, as the hairdresser then made it nice. I tried to book an appointment but she was booked up :(

Bump in now feeling huge.. 24 weeks now so still growing too! Actually feel pregnant rather than just curvy ( ahem fat!!) only11 weeks to work yipeeeeee!!

MrsBrown, Jul 9, 2012
  8. MrsBrown

Becky Administrator

Just saw the photos - you look lovely! The bride and groom must have been relieved about the weather - it was awful before and awful afterwards, but the sun shone on their day! :)

It rained on the morning of our wedding too, so I'm sure you're right about the good luck thing :D

Becky, Jul 9, 2012
  9. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

Just discovered a site called Love Umbrellas.
    Their stuff is gorgeous!!

Frogbitch, Jul 20, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question