Newbie...sort Of.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nikster1987, Aug 26, 2012.

1. nikster1987

nikster1987

Hi Everyone!

I have been signed up for a few months, but never got round to posting up an introduction.

Been with my partner since December 2005, he popped the question a year later and we have been engaged ever since. Saying it like that sounds a long time hehe! Had a few set backs with college and work etc, so haven't made any concrete plans as of yet. We have both been looking into the different aspects though, got a few ideas that we hopefully we can work around.

Hopefully we can start planning properly soon! Love using this site for ideas and things. Glad to be a part of Big Day Forums!

nikster1987, Aug 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. nikster1987

Helen

Welcome! Loads of great ideas floating about here :)

Do you have a date/time of year in mind yet? We started by deciding when my husband could have off work and then looked for a venue before deciding on anything else, venues suit different styles so I think it would have been harder the other way around. I had a few ideas I liked but they would have suited a winter wedding better, so I changed my ideas to fit in with when we could have the wedding :)

Helen, Aug 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. nikster1987

nikster1987

I think that me and my partner are looking for March. Like the idea of a spring wedding. We are looking into the church his parents got married in too, which I think will be nice for them as well as us. I think we will probably do quite a bit of DIY too, I think it will be nice to add a personal touch to our invitations and things.

I have had a look at the facebook page in your signature and the cakes look amazing! I love the idea of the cake pops. Might consider having something like that for the kiddies. Keep their minds occupied :)

nikster1987, Aug 26, 2012
  4. nikster1987

Helen

A spring wedding would be lovely :) I love a bit of diy - that is how I started doing cakes after doing my own. Cake pops are great fun, children love them! I'm going to be doing loads of pops in September for a wedding fayre so watch out for lots of photos, should give you some ideas :)

Helen, Aug 27, 2012
  5. nikster1987

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forums, great to have you here! Have you looked at any venues yet? I'm sure your in-laws would love it if you got married in the same church as them :)

Becky, Aug 27, 2012
  6. nikster1987

MrsC2Be

Hello, looking forward to hearing your ideas :) a spring wedding is always lovely (& better weather than summer!)

MrsC2Be, Aug 28, 2012
  7. nikster1987

nikster1987

Thats what we thought. Don't want it too hot, but not too cold either. We really would love to get that church, so hoping that all works out. Definitely thinking of having some of those cake pops, sounds a really good idea. Already saw a dress, but not sure if it will still be available, and already chose my bridesmaid dresses. Just hoping to get what we want when the time comes.

nikster1987, Aug 28, 2012
  8. nikster1987

tattoobride2be

welcome hun look forwrd to hearing your plans x

tattoobride2be, Aug 28, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question