Newbie Saying Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Robsgirl85, May 13, 2010.

1. Robsgirl85

Robsgirl85

Hi there, Im em. Ive been having a look on some of the threads and you all seem like a real nice bunch. I'm getting married 2nd August 2012. Been with my fiancee 2 years yesterday and very excited about planning ect. We became engaged last October but time has flown by even to today. I've been told the time until the wedding will race by but i'm not so sure it seems like an absolute lifetime away and when I think about planning ect I feel stupid because its so far away. Ive already chosen and asked my maid of honour though and asked and chosen 2 more bridesmaids so I'm not doing too bad. [​IMG]

Emxx

Robsgirl85, May 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Robsgirl85

MrsBrown

Hi Em, Welcome to the forum! Time will flyby! I am getting married in 4 months and I cant believe it has come round so quick!

MrsBrown, May 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Robsgirl85

Robsgirl85

Thankyou for the welcome. Yeah thats what relatives have said too. When did you get engaged? How many bridesmaids are you having ect? X

Robsgirl85, May 13, 2010
  4. Robsgirl85

MrsBrown

We got engaged in October as well (but we are both in our 30's so cant hang around he he!!) We have been friends for a long time, but only together for 10 months before we got engaged... we just took ages to get together so decided not to hang around ha ha!

I'm having 6 bridesmaids and our small wedding has esculated into a grand affair!! When we first started I was dead set against most wedding things but you get drawn in with everything weddingy!! I used to say i wanted to catch the bus to the wedding, but am now having a car!!! (mainly due to Mum's influence- though the photgrapher thought it would be fab!!) I am glad its not long to go, but i also wish we had more time as it does take over and i think every weekend has had something to do with the wedding!

Have you decided on a venue yet or got some ideas?

MrsBrown, May 13, 2010
  5. Robsgirl85

Robsgirl85

Oooo golly gosh, my cousin is in her 30s so hasnt waited very long but it doesnt matter does it. Im sure the car will look lots better but i know what you mean, i said i was going to walk it to the church LOL. Were on quite a tight budget as my mum is a single parent whos never married and so me and other half are trying to pay for most of it. He will be 31 and ill be 27 so nice age i think. Weve or rather ive got my eye on a lovely venue where my godmum (my other bridesmaid) got married and my neighbour too but feel stupid looking at dresses ect because its such a long time away. According to my ticker theres only 2 years but i dont know how they work, i would have thought it would be 2 years on the date eg 4/8/2012. Do you know how they work?

Ive got all the ideas id like ect because ive always wanted the typical cliche 'princess fairytale wedding' think if my oh had his way it would be a booze up in the local pub hehe [​IMG] [​IMG]

Robsgirl85, May 13, 2010
  6. Robsgirl85

MrsBrown

Im not sure how the ticker works! It just scares me when I look at it as I have just 119 days!!

when I went the dress shop they said they had brides coming in 18 months before so you dont have to wait that long!

MrsBrown, May 14, 2010
  7. Robsgirl85

Mrswalton2be

Hello [​IMG]

Im Claire.

Congratulations both you planning your wedding and on your engagement.

Mrswalton2be, May 14, 2010
  8. Robsgirl85

ilovepink1984

Hi there! Welcome to the forum. Time moves fast when you have wedding decisions to make! I got engaged nearly 4 years ago now when I was expecting my first baby. We've since had another and only set the date 2 months ago. We get married on the 22nd October - only 161 days to go!! I've found its really helped focus me and I nearly have everything sorted now - florist tomorrow and cake lady on Sunday are the last things left. Then final decisions on invites, guest list and rings to do! SO exciting! Happy planning [​IMG]

ilovepink1984, May 14, 2010
  9. Robsgirl85

Robsgirl85

Thanks for the last two invites and congrats on your upcoming weddings. All very exciting [​IMG]

Robsgirl85, May 14, 2010
  10. Robsgirl85

MrsGroves2B

Hello all!

My name's Becky and I just came across this site via a link on Facebook!

Now, don't think I'm saft when you look at my wedding date, the truth is we've not officially set a date yet, but when I was registering with the site I thought I needed to add something so just put a load of zeros in the spaces! Hehe!

We're looking at getting married next year, possibly late July/August, but also looked into an April wedding, but more than likely to be the summer, but nothing is set in stone yet, so it may all change in time!

Me and my fiance got engaged for my 21st Birthday back in 2007, but have been together now for nearly 4 years. We were aiming to get married April this year but I suddenly became unemployed, and still looking for work, and we were still trying to get a place of our own together so all our plans were put on hold. Although we know exactly what we want, well, almost, its just a case of having the financial backing to do it, and somewhere to live together afterwards!

We have some things already- our rings, my dress, we're making our own invites, order of service, button holes, etc, we even have some of the bridal party and best man gifts, we're getting little things as and when we see them. We're also on a budget, so going for the DIY wedding as much as possible. The only thing we're certain about is where we're actually getting married- our church, where we are members of the choir and the church council! (Now, seriously, my singing leaves a lot to be desired but its all good fun!)

MrsGroves2B, May 14, 2010
  11. Robsgirl85

Becky

Hi Robsgirl85 nice to have you here! [​IMG]

Becky, May 15, 2010
  12. Robsgirl85

victoria1982

Welcome from one newbie to another. I like you are still tryinmg to find my way round the site. Hope you planning is going well. Vicky :D

victoria1982, May 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question