New Bride To Be!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Tinkerbell1989, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Tinkerbell1989

Tinkerbell1989

Hi guys! I'm a new bride to be, we got engaged the day after my birthday - I was whisked away for the night and it was completely unexpected!

So, I thought I'd join for ideas and tips for when we have our date confirmed, but at the moment its July 2015 :) We're touring some venues next week (hopefully!)

Steffi x

Tinkerbell1989, Jun 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Tinkerbell1989

MrsGroves2B

Hi Steffi

Congratulations on your engagement! I got engaged for my 21st Birthday (it was the week before my Birthday though). Then the last 6 years have flown by! July is a lovely time for a wedding, and even though its 2 years away it will fly by much quicker than you think!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 27, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Tinkerbell1989

Becky

Congratulations and welcome to the forums! :) It's so exciting when you start looking around venues - it all becomes real! Where abouts are you looking?

Becky, Jun 28, 2013
  4. Tinkerbell1989

Tinkerbell1989

Well, seeing as we go engaged in May, and it's nearly been 2 months, I can see how I'm gonna lose track of time! Thankyou :)

Thankyou :D I think we're going to start looking in September (I work in a Preschool and these couple of months are hectic!) - we live in Taunton, but are from Plymouth and Oxford, so we're gonna start looking in Somerset, and then move further out if we can't find anything... However, Somerset is a beautiful place for country house style places, so I think our main problem will be narrowing our choice down!!

xx

Tinkerbell1989, Jul 1, 2013
  5. Tinkerbell1989

Becky

That is very true! Somerset is gorgeous, I lived in Dorset until I was 18 and I have family who live in Somerset. No shortage of country houses at all there! Have you thought about the style of wedding you want?

Becky, Jul 2, 2013
  6. Tinkerbell1989

nikster1987

Congratulations on the engagment Steffi. Time will fly by. I will have been engaged for 7 years the week before Christmas! Taunton/Somerset are beautiful! Me and my H2B go through as we go to Newquay on holiday and one of our friends comes from Somerset too. Good luck with the planning. Look forward to hearing your ideas! x

nikster1987, Jul 5, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question