Need To Guide Planning Wedding Ceremony In St. Lucia

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by angeljulie, Jan 16, 2014.

1. angeljulie

angeljulie

Hi, we planned on getting married in October of this year. We don't have a lot of guests attending, and we were thinking of all going away and doing a destination wedding. I was looking on St. Lucia because I heard it was a great romantic vacation for our honeymoon and offers plenty. I saw there were several packages offered for people planning weddings on St. Lucia.

http://www.theromanticholiday.com/st-lucia-wedding/personalize
    We saw a bunch of packages here that look great. I'm a little concerned on what I should offer guests - do we pay for rooms, do we contact the resort for discounted group rates?
    How far in advance should I book something? Do I pay for flights?

Any advice on destination wedding etiquette would be appreciated. Also any recommendations on good wedding options at a resort. Doesn't have to be on St. Lucia, any island that offers romance and activities for my guests are ok. I'm in NYC if that helps (being mindful of my travel costs).

Thanks!

angeljulie, Jan 16, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. angeljulie

Becky

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

A wedding in St Lucia sounds fantastic, you lucky girl! There are a lot of things to bear in mind when planning a holiday abroad, and people do a variety of things depending on what is right for them. Whether or not you pay for other people to attend is up to you - it depends on how much you want them there and how much they are willing to spend to attend you wedding. Nowadays people expect to spend a chunk of change when attending weddings, so they may be happy to pay for it themselves if it means they have a holiday too. However if the cost is out of their reach and you really want them there then you might need to be prepared to pay for some of their costs.

A good way to consider how much to spend might be to figure out how much you would be spending if you don't get married in St Lucia. If the overall wedding is cheaper in St Lucia than what you would expect to pay locally, then you could put the excess towards helping people attend. If it costs more in St Lucia - for both you and (obviously) the guests - then think about how much it means to you to get married there.

These are just my rambling thoughts but I hope it's useful!

Separately, I'm planning a trip to NYC for my husband's 30th this spring, have you got any good restaurant recommendations?!

Becky, Jan 17, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. angeljulie

JohnyGrey

What a Wedding venue...!!! Beautiful venues, i love it....destination wedding is really a nice thought and wedding venue like St. Lucia is awesome just go for it...If your book rooms in bulk than don't forget to ask them for discount coupons..and if you are arranging all your wedding ceremonies there only than there is no need of paying for your guests flight..they i'll manage by their own...and if you are arranging some ceremonies in your hometown than you i'll pay for their flights....if you doesn't get St. Lucia than you can arrange your wedding on some island but if you get it than it is much better.

JohnyGrey, Apr 22, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question