Natural Look Or Over The Top Look ?

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by winter ash, Apr 19, 2012.

1. winter ash

winter ash

I know its way too early to have a imaginary look for my wedding day !

the convo started off with my friend doing makeup portfolio for her work whilst my Mother was there and she asked what sort of look i was going to go for on my wedding day??

well Mother I have skin problems which im trying best to look after my face (i have acne scars dark spots on my cheeks i started using aloe vera products it slowley helped my skin.. As a beautician i resorted back to old facial types like using rose water as face wash and pure lemon juice as a lightning bleach over night) it does work but over time :)

I would most likely go for a natural look but i do define my eyes and lips quite alot.. im not the one for wearing fake lashes but would like to enhance my eyes more with them though.

what do u guys think?? :)

looking forward to reading posts

winter ash, Apr 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. winter ash

Helen

It is totally up to you and what sort of look you want :) like you say you have loads of time to experiment with different styles.

It also depends on other things you choose for your wedding, like the dress and the overall 'feel' you want, are you going for a more formal day or something more relaxed? Loads to think about! What is your every day style? You don't want to turn up and noone recognise you!

I would suggest trying a couple of totally different looks and seeing which you like best. :) If your friend wants to do some looks for her portfolio let her do some experimenting on you, she might come up with something you love, or something you hate, at least you can rule things out that you don't like. I love experimenting with different styles and we love seeing photos of different ideas on here too!

Helen, Apr 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. winter ash

winter ash

as you can see both looks are similar :)

Attached Files:

winter ash, Apr 19, 2012
  4. winter ash

Becky Administrator

It's never to early to start thinking about these kind of things!

What you go for in the end is up to you really! I really like the colour pop of dark pink lippie, and it would look really nice against your cream and gold theme... however I think the eye make up in the second picture is gorgeous! The second look would be my preference. I don't think it looks over the top - perhaps because Asian brides tend to have heavier make up on their wedding day and so it doesn't look out of place.

Becky, Apr 20, 2012
  5. winter ash

MrsT_2be

Hi,

I like to go natural and I will use fake lashes but I'll use natural looking lashes. they make my eyes stand out. I don't wear much make up anyway part from night out.

MrsT_2be, Apr 20, 2012
  6. winter ash

winter ash

Becky - i know what u mean about asian brides but their wedding are traditional and they are usually caked up.. I dont really want that but then it defines my eyes where as natural look dont :{ and with the dress its so simple and elegant...

Jay loves my eyes and love the eye make up its what attacted him most lol.. Im not sure if having the same look as i did when we 1st set eyes on eachother over a balcony?? Would he notice ?? If not id kill him ! Lol

winter ash, Apr 20, 2012
  7. winter ash

winter ash

Becky - i know what u mean about asian brides but their wedding are traditional and they are usually caked up.. I dont really want that but then it defines my eyes where as natural look dont :{ and with the dress its so simple and elegant...

Jay loves my eyes and love the eye make up its what attacted him most lol.. Im not sure if having the same look as i did when we 1st set eyes on eachother over a balcony?? Would he notice ?? If not id kill him ! Lol

winter ash, Apr 20, 2012
  8. winter ash

winter ash

Hi mrst2b

Thanks for post.. Im glad you know what you want it will look so nice - wish i had the skin to go no make up lol

I look scary :p

winter ash, Apr 20, 2012
  9. winter ash

Jillian

I would go with natural. I think that 15 years down the road you will be happier with your wedding photos if you go with natural and not something that is trendy.

Jillian, Jul 18, 2014
  10. winter ash

beth1978

Make up on a wedding day is tricky as it is still day so is heavy make up appropriate? But saying that its got to last through out the day and all night so I would recommend trying different looks but try at different times of day and in different lights to know what works for you!

beth1978, Aug 15, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question