My Wedding Report Version 2

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by sparkledream, Jun 18, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

After a difficult and busy 2 weeks, i will post my wedding report tomorrow night (sunday)

;)

sparkledream, Jun 18, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

MrsBrown

Cant wait to read it! Hope things are getting a bit better x

MrsBrown, Jun 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

airy_fairy

looking forward to it ;) was sorry to hear it's not been at all easy though.

airy_fairy, Jun 19, 2011
  4. sparkledream

sparkledream

Evening all, so where to start.

The build up to the wedding.

so as you know we moved our plans forward as MIL was terminally ill. I successfully managed to organize the wedding in about 5 weeks, pretty much within our budget, and spent around £2500.

so after booking the venue with out lovely hotel, my sister and I went wedding dress window shopping, I went into a bridal shop, explained my situation and time limit, and after the funny looks faded, i tried on 3-4 lovely dresses. they were regular wedding dress size, nothing too huge but felt like a bit of a plum.

in our second shop though after trying on half a dozen dresses i found my lovely dress. This shop is nothing fancy, and infact only sells second hand dresses, but i found mine, simple, elegant and i felt comfortable in it, whats more, it was only £40, but as it needed a few beads putting back on, I haggled her down to £30. Tight or what!

so dress bought and only a £30 dent in the budget.

as you know with my tight budget i have saved money on all sorts of things, from our friend doing our photography for less than half price, another friend doing my car, cake bought with vouchers from M&S and decorated for a bottle of wine. saved £80 on sisters dress (had a faulty zip tag, but it was fine), bought bits on the debenhams sale and so on.

a few stresses along the way, BM dress and OH suit for example, but actually not too bad, I didn;t have time to be nervous in the build up at all, and as i am such an organised person, got it all sorted and was well chuffed with the results.

beleive it or not i was still buying things at 16:00 the day before the wedding.

anyway, planning all done, shopping all done, but on the other hand MIL was deteriorating, and it was decided the day before that she would not be well enough to attend. a very sad moment, which meant that FIL also did not see the wedding.

The Day Before, where do i start, very busy, still organising a few bits, changing plans, buying stuff, packing, and dropping stuff off the the hotel

and the evening before the wedding. I took LO up to my parnets house, where my sister was staying over, basically as just chatted, watched some telly, had drink and nibbles, and looked through old family photo's.

Oh yes, and my last night of being unmarried was spent sleeping on an airbed, under a princess duvet, as I had given in to LO sleeping in the bed, so i took the floor!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

sparkledream, Jun 19, 2011
  5. sparkledream

sparkledream

The Big Day.

I woke at half 8, had woken off and on as LO had gotten up and so on, but went downstairs and managed to eat something (i'm a pretty nervous person and normally my appetite is the first thing to go).

at 10:30 my hairdresser arrived and started on LO's hair, she has very long straight hair, which was being transformed into ringlets, mum next, then me.

My photographer arrived at 11. He was very friendly and put us all at ease, I know him fairly well as he's a work colleague of OH. he brought his dog, which had to be the worlds best behaved dog, and got on well with our family dog. Anyway, Andy flitted in and out taking photo's and setting up shots. LO loved heelping him, and he was so good with her, keeping her busy and out from under all of our feet. overall she was so well behaved i couldn't fault her, bless her. ;)

We all got dressed as sis did our makeup for us, mum cracked open a bottle of champers and laid on nibbles to scoff. I still wasn't nervous and the morning as lovely.

at half 2 the taxi arrived for mum, sis, LO, and granddad, and it started to spit with rain. then at 2:50 my lovely car pulled up, with our driver in his suit, hat, and white gloves. A still not nervous me (after a few more photo's) sat happily in the back of the car, and as the driver was just about to pull away....

'Sh!t, i've forgotten my bouquet!' out of the car i dash, hitching up my dress, running up and path in heals and the spitting rain to get it!!

so crisis averted, off we go. my stomach turns over in the car, but u manage to control my nerves.

We arrive at the hotel with perfect timing,

6. sparkledream

sparkledream

My bridesmaids walked down the red carpet first and into the room. I dont even remember paying too much attention to that, and remember instead linking arms with dad, I almost got to the start of the red carpet and i could hear Seth Lakeman's Band of Gold, our song to walk into, and i start to cry. I manage to stop by the time i get to the end of the aisle.

I stop turn and look at my husband to be, who has tears in his eyes, and he tells me i look beautiful :) ;)

we say our vows, which go smoothly, with teary eyes, although OH was trying so hard to concentrate on listening, he forget to listen, and had to ask the registrar to repeat something!

I keep it together, leg shaking and tears in my eyes, until my last 2-3 words, where my voice starts to wibble!

We walk out to All you need is love by the beatles, and i start to cry again (it's the music that starts me off). The new Mr and Mrs P :D

so the guests follow us out to the garden, where we great everyone as a married couple, lots of hugs. I at this point was so happy i just wanted to jump up and down.

7. sparkledream

sparkledream

so the rest of the evening.

we got married at 16:00, there were 15 of us in all. my colour was blue, the hotel room looked amazing, everything tied on so well. Oh and best mans suits were bought from different shops, neither had seen the others suit, but they looked almost identical. all the blues tied in, the rain had stopped by 3, and the sky although light grey and cloudy wasn't threatening.

we had 2 photographers, who worked together, and they came into their element when we were all out on the lawn for photo's, one would organise and the other take the shot. I still cant wait to see our professional photo's, i'm so excited.

anyway, they went well, and the guests tucked into cream and jam scones and bubbly and chatted.

after the photo's we all gathered in the bar, this was the first time i managed to get a drink, and it was lovely to see everyone chatting and having a good time. at 6:45 we went to sit to the table, which looked stunning. One large set up in the middle of the room, and big square table with about 4 seats on each side, looked lovely, white linen, chair covers and blue ribbon which matched perfectly, flowers looked stunning, table decorations, and our lovely cake sat in the window sill.

our meal was lovely, though by that point i couldn't;t stomach anything, as i started my vine tomato and red pepper soup i suddenly felt incredibly tired. the food went down well with everyone else, our main was corn fed chicken, with dophinouis potatoes and seasonal veg. it was lovely and much nicer than i have poorly managed to describe. and pudding was lovely, i managed some of that, white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake, with honeycombe ice cream. some wine later and we had the speeches.

the meal was followed by us all retiring to the bar for more drinks.

we had a lovely day, sadly Hubby's parents couldn't make it, and that was tinged with sadness on and off, poor SIL was six of one and half a dozen of the other throughout the evening.

overall a lovely day, can't believe it was 2 weeks ago today.

we sat in the bar drinking until 1 (no-one got smashed) as some of the guests slowly left.

sorry to be a cop out but i'm tired, it's 21:57, i have had 2 hours sleep since 14:30 yesterday as did a night shift last night.

I will follow this up with tales of antics and i'm sure some important details i forgot to put in!

I hope i haven't babbled, it all makes sense, and my spelling is at best readable!

;)

8. sparkledream

airy_fairy

I'm sure there are things that all of us would change in our weddings 'if only i had the money... time... imagination' but this is a true example of what a wedding really means to one family, i'm sure your MIL was wih you in spirit, xx

airy_fairy, Jun 19, 2011
  9. sparkledream

alfamillie

sparkle you did so well! Amazing that you arranged it all so quickly and that your MIL "hung on" long enough to know her son was happily married, even if she wasn't able to be there. Thank you for your report, you are really brave and I hope you can all enjoy the memories and photos happy in the knowledge you held your family values at the forefront of your celebrations. Looking forward to hearing the antics but, in the meantime , sleep well x

alfamillie, Jun 20, 2011
  10. sparkledream

MrsBrown

Sparkledream, you are amazing! You have showed us all that weddings are not about how much we spend or the most expensive favours, cake, cars etc!! They are about love! Love for your husband and family and their love for you.

It sounds that all things aside you had a lovely day, I am dying to see some pics!! White choc cheesecake sounds fab!!

MrsBrown, Jun 20, 2011
  11. sparkledream

Helen

Mmmmm honeycomb ice cream!

Sounds like you had an emotional and amazing day, really looking forward to seeing your pics :(

Helen, Jun 20, 2011
  12. sparkledream

Becky

I can't believe how well you did to plan the whole day in such a short period of time! You sought out some excellent bargains too :(

Mmmmm I really want some white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake now, that sounds delish!

Can't wait to see some pictures! :D

Becky, Jun 20, 2011
  13. sparkledream

sparkledream

DSC03160.JPG

sparkledream, Jun 22, 2011
  14. sparkledream

sparkledream

andy 01.jpg

15. sparkledream

iPrincess26

What a lovely photo, the first one has made me hungry now though it looks fab, looking forward to more - Hope you are all holding up ok xx

iPrincess26, Jun 22, 2011
  16. sparkledream

sparkledream

yeh not too bad. FIL is up and down, OH and LO are ok. I'm alright ta

17. sparkledream

Becky

I love the photo of you both with the poppies - gorgeous!! You're lucky to know someone who takes such beautiful pictures :)

Becky, Jun 22, 2011
  18. sparkledream

sparkledream

thanks, i cant wait to get the official photo's

19. sparkledream

poppleminster

Gorgeous picture :D Really glad you had a lovely day and your organisational skills are admirable! xxx

poppleminster, Jun 24, 2011
  20. sparkledream

MrsMay2011

Hear Hear to above. Your wedding looks and sounds absolutely lovely xxx

MrsMay2011, Jun 25, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question