My Wedding Dress :-)

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012.

1. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

So after trying on what felt like thousands of dresses, I finally chose my dress on Sunday. I know I have ages till my wedding but it was one of those things I didn't want to leave last minute in case there were problems. So here it is...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0WrCqfYpEjE/SlkpUrJTz0I/AAAAAAAADOM/ZFtDzowy7lc/s1600-h/009.jpg

Now comes the time to decide how to have my hair, what veil and tiara to choose and also what jewellery to wear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I pick my dress up later on today and I cannot wait!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsLBD2B

Becky Administrator

How do you usually have your hair, and how long is it? With that dress I think you could go for a wide range of hair styles so it just depends on what suits you best. There is a lot of detail around the neckline so you probably don't need a necklace - I'd keep jewellery fairly simple if I were you. Have you tried any veils? An elbow length one would look lovely - again, something simple and elegant to complement the dress :)

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsLBD2B

Helen

Gorgeous dress! I agree with Becky, either no necklace or a very simple necklace wouldn't detract from your dress.

Helen, Oct 30, 2012
  4. MrsLBD2B

gildius

It's beautiful - I love the detail around the top!

gildius, Oct 30, 2012
  5. MrsLBD2B

MrsT_2be

I agree with Becky and Helen.

Your dress has alot of detail and if you choose to wear necklace, keep it simple and with the veil too. Your gorgeous dress makes a statement.

When it comes to your hair trial, try up do's and half up half down do's and decide from there.

MrsT_2be, Oct 30, 2012
  6. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Thanks everyone! I was just going to go for a simple string of pearls although as there is a lot of detail around the neckline I may go without. I tried an elbow length veil with it and it looked gorgeous and that was with a very simple tiara which again had pearls.

I always wear my hair down and didnt want to be that different on my wedding day by wearing it up but because of all the beautiful detailing around the shoulders and neckline I may rethink this decision!

Thanks for everyone's advice.

Ps also was a bit peeved when I collected the dress.. I gave it one final check and it did have a couple of marks at the bottom of the skirt. The lady explained it had been used as a display dress at a couple of wedding fayres so probably picked the marks up 'in transit.' She knocked £30 off the price for me and has given be a voucher to get it cleaned professionally so it isn't all bad. Luckily the beading and detail is all still perfect!

I also have a link for my shoes...
    http://www.next.co.uk/x504320s4#769146x50

Bought these before my dress and they looked so lovely with it!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
  7. MrsLBD2B

Becky Administrator

That's not great about the marks! If you buy a brand new dress then you don't expect to find that it has been used, so I'm glad she knocked some money off!

Love the shoes :)

Becky, Oct 31, 2012
  8. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Thanks! Yeah I almost asked to get another one ordered in but she was so horrified herself I felt bad asking. My mum says you can barely notice the marks but once I know they are there they are all I will see.

And the shoes are gorgeous! I just thought I am not gonna find prettier ones than that so I snapped them up. They will reduce the need to take up the dress too.

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
  9. MrsLBD2B

simransimmi

HI,
    What a great dress, I like this dress so much,
    Style and designing really so nice. Thanks for sharing.. :)

simransimmi, Mar 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question