My Suprise Hen Do

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsMay2011, Apr 7, 2011.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Hello,

Just thought I'd tell you about the amazing hen do that my ladies arranged for me last Saturday. Obviously I knew I was having a hen do on Sat, but apart from that I was in the dark about all the arrangements. I wasn't worried as I'd said what I definitely DIDN'T want to do, and I do trust them.
    Afternoon part was afternoon tea at our fave cafe, Moose, which I think I have mentioned previously as the place where my MOH and I go to do all our best plotting & gossiping.

What really blew me away was the EFFORT they had gone to. The room, which was a private room downstairs looked a-mazing. BM Jane had hand made absolutely loads of teapot bunting, I almost cried once I realised what she'd done. There were flower arrangements, and lovely cakes/scones and sandwiches. We all got a glass of champers (ok cava :( or OJ on arrival and I felt really special.

In between all the chatting I was presented with a teapot which had been decorated by Lucy with the NYC skyline and the names of all the hens. We also played Mr & Mrs (Hubby to be got several questions wrong!!! Such as our first holiday and what his most annoying habit is ha ha). Then goody bags were handed out. In these were sweets/chocs but also little teapot charm bracelets, again which Jane had made, amazing.

We were only supposed to be there 'till 3pm but we were still there come 5pm when Lucy realised that we had to get a move on as the taxi's to the next part were booked from my house (luckily only a few mins away) for 5:30 for the next part!!!!

What was nice was that my mum and my future MIL (who had brought a friend each) all four went home together to MIL's house to continue the drinking. It sounds like they were drunker than I was by the end up, love it. The dad's weren't impressed though, FIL who had to put up with them, and my dad who had to retrieve drunken mother circa 9pm!

Part 2 to follow....

Attached Files:

MrsMay2011, Apr 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Cont

So we all hurried back to my house (and said goodbye to those only staying for the daytime...and the mums of course) and got our taxis. I still didn't know where we were going, but had gathered it would be in Liverpool (approx 8 miles away).

We arrived at a bar, Mosquito, where we were doing cocktail making! (There were only 5 of us at this point!) It was fantastic. We had the bar to ourselves as it was still closed so could be really silly. The barman was an experienced cocktail barman but had not done one of the sessions before so was a bit awkward at first, but he soon relaxed when he realised we wouldn't bite (well, maybe later SARAH who slightly sexually harassed him towards the end!) He was nice looking though!! The idea was he would show us how to make 3 cocktails one at a time and we would each get to make (and drink) our own cocktail. Because I think it was his first time though he made us loads of extra cocktails ("you like gin cocktails? I'll make you a gin cocktail!") and let us mess about behind the bar, something I'm sure management wouldn't have loved - but we did! It was brill brill brill. It was also only supposed to last for 2 hours, but he let us stay for 3, possibly would have been longer but we realised that the other hens had now arrived for the meal and were all waiting for us! Cue mad dash up to the Living Room oooops!
    I'll admit it's a bit of a blur from this point on! Meal was lovely. Since everything had been paid for me I bought some wine for the table so it's all a bit downhill from here... :(
    Finished meal and went back to Mosquito where we had free entry and queue jumping privileges, by now about 12:30am! Did some dancing and our barman (I wish I could remember his name!!) gave us all free shots - win! Boogied till about 2.30am (as I say , all a bit of a blur now!) and then back to mine for cups of tea. A perfect day.

What I really loved about it was how much thought and effort had gone in, they had really thought about what I'd like and the planning/making things must have taken ages. It was nice how all my different friendship groups got on (they all kept telling me how the others were lovely!) and I really enjoyed seeing the mums bond properly (gotta love wine!). My mum the next day said how lucky I am to have such friends. I'm getting proper soppy now, I'll stop. :) But I am a very lucky girl!

Attached Files:

MrsMay2011, Apr 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

Anon_SA

Amazing! Excellent times all round!

My hen do is in two weeks and I also am totally in the dark about what's going on. Yay for surprise hen dos!

Anon_SA, Apr 8, 2011
  4. MrsMay2011

Becky

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!! :( It's so lovely that they went to so much effort!

Becky, Apr 8, 2011
  5. MrsMay2011

Zoe

Wowweee. My idea of a FUN hen do (especially when it becomes a blur). My surprise hen do is Sat 16th April - sooo excited as like you, I have no idea what it entails.

Zoe, Apr 8, 2011
  6. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

oh errrr.. the bar man is rather dishy!! (Am I allowed to say that as a married woman!! ha ha)

MrsBrown, Apr 8, 2011
  7. MrsMay2011

Helen

Lol at Mrs Brown!!! Window shopping is ok in my book :(

Sounds like a fabulous hen doo, everyone seems to be getting surprise ones I'm having to do my own! (Jealous!) :)

Helen, Apr 8, 2011
  8. MrsMay2011

iPrincess26

Wow sounds like a fantastic day - such great friends to go to all that effort (well deserved by you, but always nice to know how much they care) cocktail making sounds great fun, would love to do something like that.

Love the pic's and think it's great that the mother's carried on the party too. :(

iPrincess26, Apr 8, 2011
  9. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Thanks. Now I'm all jealous that some of you still have yours to come! Make sure you tell us all about it!

Mrs Brown - no more thinking people are dishy for you, desist! Lol x

MrsMay2011, Apr 9, 2011
  10. MrsMay2011

MrsBrown

Ha ha.. I am sat here watching Mamma Mia thinking how dishy is Colin Firth!!!! There is no hope for me!!

But of course I love my hubbie very much and would only run away with Colin Firth if he begged me!!

MrsBrown, Apr 9, 2011
  11. MrsMay2011

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah it looks like you had an amazing time xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Apr 10, 2011
  12. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Wonder how Zoe's went! You'll have to let us know what you did (once you've recovered lol)

MrsMay2011, Apr 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question