My Rainy Day Wedding Report

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by WelshBride, Aug 23, 2010.

1. WelshBride

WelshBride

I will warn you before I start I do tend to ramble on a bit lol!

I'll start on Thursday.......We took everything up the Coach House(our venue) on Tues and said we would go up on Thurs afternoon with the crystal accents and then help set up the centerpieces, so Thurs afternoon we went up and Damian (function manager) wasn't there we were told he was on his way. Went up to the room and all that had been done was the place cards had been set out, table names and mirror plates on each table. We set to work filling the centerpiece jars and putting them on the tables. I think we must have been there for about an hr and there was still no sign of Damian!! Once we had finished the vases we put the table diamonds out...basically I was freting coz nothing had been done and wanted to do something! We were there for nearly 2hrs and still no sign of Damian, so off we went to home to get Leigh (hubby) and Camerons (our son otherwise known as monkey boy) things ready for their sleepover!

I couldn't rest knowing that nothing had been done so i decided to go back up there after having my nails done. So 7.30 Thurs evening in all that heavy rain me and my bridesmaid went up there to see what had been done, and guess what!?? :) Nothing had been done!!!! "mins after us turning up Damian arrived said that he had had a massive flood at his flat and told me to stop panacking and that things would be done. I insisted on setting up the sweetie table and left there at about 8ish after being reassured over and over that things would be done lol!!

Friday - The Big Day!!!!

My gran woke me up turning lights on and off at about 5.45 and I thought great I'm awake now but I did fall back asleep and was woken up at 6.20 by my bridesmaid txting me to tell me how nervous and excited she was lol!
    I Got up opened the curtains and it was cloudy but I kept my fingers crossed! I had a shower then chilled out for 5mins before going to have my hair done at 8. I was feeling fine but the closer she got to finishing my hair the more nervous i felt. My hair was finished by 9.30ish then as soon as I stepped outside the salon it started raining and didnt stop!!!
    I picked my mother up and went home.....my bridesmaids were already there with they're hair done and looking lovely, we all had some brekkie and then my mother started moaning that her hair was looking shit and started getting really upset that she was going to look awful:( The next thing I know everything was getting put into the cars and we were leaving to go to the coach house!! Then the thunder and lightening amd really heavy rain started!! :lol:

I got to the coach house and went to get the key for the room we were getting ready in, at this point it was raining really heavy and the doors were locked but I couldnt phone coz of the weather I didnt have reception after about 10mins of trying to phone and hammering on the doors I finally got through and I was let in. I went to make sure everything was done and it was! phewww :lol:

We all went around to our room and then I just dont know what happend but everything just went really quickly. Make up girl came and she also did a fab job on my mothers hair. Then as she finished doing my make up the best man dropped Cameron and Josh off to us. OMG!!! They looked so handsome I really had to fight back the tears:rolleyes:

The blondie is monkey boy

[​IMG]

It was already 12.30 and they only people ready were the boys my gran and 1 of the bridesmiads! So we started getting my dress on, didn thtink we were going to make it on time but we did!!
    We were out of the room with my mother and jo (usless bridesmaid) holding up the back of my dress and emma (good bridesmiad) holding an umbrella over me. then we were standing outside the barn and the registra was going over things with us when my mother said 'Is there supposed to be 2 rings on this pillow!?' Leighs ring had fallen off!!:lol:

There was panic and my mother and Emmas parents (they came to see her in her dress) were running back to the room to search for it! They found it just outside the door!

We had a few pics outside then, Damian gave me the nod to start and the msic started. I was feeling fine up until then, my mother started filling up and panting lol! Which was making me fill up, we started walking in and walked so fast we caught the bms up lol! I looked at Leigh and could see him filling up!

Ceremony was over in theblink of any eye.

[​IMG]

We walked around to the main enterance of the building and greeted all our guests.
    It was still raining so we went back to the barn (where we got married) to have some photos. We had all the photos done in there with family and friends
    and then we went out into the court yard to have some on our own.

[​IMG]

Then we sat down for speaches and food at about 4ish. Leighs speach was lovely I again fought back the tears! Best mans speach was brilliant, cant wait to have the dvd back to watch it again! lol!
    The rest of the day went really fast after that!

the Cake

[​IMG]

It took ages for people to start dancing but the kids didnt get off the dance floor all night!

Our 1st dance

[​IMG]

The best man like always was like an idiot after he had had a drink and then the best quote of the day came from my gran 'Rhia they're spinning something around on the dance floor!' Me - 'Yeah Nan its the best man!!!' We were pissing ourselfes laughing!!! Everyone said how crazy he was and the photographer said he was the best best man hes seen in a long time coz he was running around getting everyone together for the photos.

the sweetie table came out int theevening and it was a HUGE sucess!!!! :D

[​IMG]

I think it all ended at about 12.30ish our friends were the only ones left, we sat and chatted with them for 5mins then they left and we walked around (in the rain still!) to our room. Where we were gretted to a bed FULL and I mean full of confetti!! Our 1st thought CHIP!!! (best man) but we later found out that it was my mother!! It was everywhere so at 3am me and Leigh were on our hands and knees picking up confetti lol!
    We layed in bed then and opened some pressies and looked at the photos on my camera. It was lovely :)

My fav photo so far

[​IMG]

All in all it was an amazing day and I just want to do it all over again!!! It went way to fast! xxxxxx

WelshBride, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. WelshBride

MrsBrown

Wow you look amazing, and just goes to show that we cant control everything but our days will all be special because of the people there and becuase we are getting married. Congratulations to you both!!

MrsBrown, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. WelshBride

ilovepink1984

Huge congratulations. Everythng looked so lovely - esp you!! - and glad everything went well despite the weather!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Aug 23, 2010
  4. WelshBride

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah congratulations!!! You looked stunning so glad you had a wonderful day even though it was raining. As IPrincess said, its the people that make a wedding, not the weather xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 23, 2010
  5. WelshBride

MrsC2Be

It all looks brilliant, you look gorgeous! Congratulations, glad you had a fab day :) xx

MrsC2Be, Aug 24, 2010
  6. WelshBride

iPrincess26

Wow looks like you all had a fabulous day, despite the rain - as has been said just shows its who is there that matters nothing else. You look stunning and so happy in all the photos you posted. Hope we get to see some more! xxx Congratulations to you both :)

iPrincess26, Aug 24, 2010
  7. WelshBride

MrsBoucher2B2012

lovely you look fab

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 24, 2010
  8. WelshBride

MrsMay2011

Congratulations! What a lovely lovely wedding (and bride!) x

MrsMay2011, Aug 24, 2010
  9. WelshBride

poppleminster

Loving the photos, I am so glad all went well, was thinking of you from a muddy field somewhere near Wales. I so am hungry now having seen that cake..

poppleminster, Aug 26, 2010
  10. WelshBride

Helen

Your dress is lovely :) So glad you had such an amazing day :)

Helen, Aug 26, 2010
  11. WelshBride

WelshBride

Thanks ladies for your lovely coments :)

We did have an amazing day! Cant believe its all over now, been on a bit of a low this wk....think I need to get a grip on myself :)

Fingers crossed I'll get to see the professional photos next week!

WelshBride, Aug 29, 2010
  12. WelshBride

Becky

Can't believe I missed this one - congratulations!!!

You both look so happy, and it sounds like you had a fantastic day despite the weather :)

Becky, Aug 29, 2010
  13. WelshBride

I'mAJones

Awww, Congratulations! You looked lovely hun and your dress really suits you. Know what you mean about the low point after the wedding, mine lasted about 2 weeks and I felt completely miserable but it went away and now its just so nice just to be married and planning free! Hope your low period doesn't last too long.

I'mAJones, Sep 4, 2010
  14. WelshBride

VikingWife

Lovely report and pics, you looked lovely!

VikingWife, Sep 5, 2010
  15. WelshBride

angelcake71

Congratulations hun!! xx

angelcake71, Sep 5, 2010
  16. WelshBride

WelshBride

Thanks again ladies ;)

My low period is over (ish lol) My sweetie table went down so well I decided to try and set up a buisnes with it so all my weding planning energy has now been passed on to that and I've got my 1st wedding fair coming up nxt month :):D

WelshBride, Sep 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question