My Planning So Far...

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by flo2310, Jun 17, 2010.

1. flo2310

flo2310

Hello lovely Brides to be (and grooms!)

Thought I'd join in the fun and put up pics of my planning so far... Hope you like it, and any feedback would be great!

Our colour scheme is plum/deep purple, ivory and a dash of pale pink! We are getting married on 23rd October 2010 at St Mary's Church in Long Ditton, Surrey with our reception at Hampton Court Palace.

I have three adult BMs (one is my MOH) and two flowergirls. Andrew (H2b) is having one bestman and three ushers.

So here we go...

This is me in my dress - Grace by Lyn Ashowrth in ivory with a taupe sash

Picture1.jpg

These are my shoes - Queenie by Filippa Scott in ivory

my shoes.jpg

This is the kind of hair style that I would like

Possible hair.jpg

These are the bridesmaid dresses - (Bridesmaids' dress on the left, Maid of honour's dress on the right) They are by Mori Lee and are in eggplant

BM and MOH.jpg

These are the bridesmaid shoes - from Very.co.uk (only £27... BARGAIN! - thanks to this site :lol:)

BM shoes.jpg

The flower girls dresses - from Henry Kaye (have ordered sash from Mori Lee to ensure same colour as bridesmaids)

flower girl.jpg

Our invitations - from Downey. These are the ones off their website that we are having, but with a platemark border around the edge (as you can see, very traditional!!)

invitations.jpg

The church - St Mary's Long Ditton

church.jpg

The reception venue - Hampton Court Palace (our room is the Garden Room, which is a plain room we are going to make grand! It has a private garden and Andrew and I will be taken around the palace to have our photos taken, this was the main reason we chose the venue as it's the photos that last a lifetime!)
    Photos here show the entrance to Hampton Court (where we start our photos when we arrive), the view of the top table (not our decorations) and the room for our wedding breakfast

HCP entrance.jpg Toptable view.jpg garden room.jpg

My bouquet - mainly purple calla lillies with cool water roses and a touch of ivory, the BM ones will be mainly ivory with a touch of calla lillies

Bouquet.JPG

The centre pieces - a mix of these pics! The tall ones will be in the lilly vases, but with the clear water and pearls at the bottom, stood on a glass mirror plate with tea lights and petals on the tables with the flowers shown, the short ones will be glass fishbowl with the same flower arrangement inside and the mirror and tea lights etc.. (Hope that makes sense!)

View attachment Lily vase.jpg pearls and tea lights.jpg

And finally (for now!) Our honeymoon destination - Baros, Maldives!

Island.jpg

Hope you like it all, let me know what you think :lol:

Still little things to do... Andrew is in charge of the men's suits (he knows what I want them to have - he just has to sort it!) and also the transport... no idea what he is organising for that!!

Flo xx

flo2310, Jun 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. flo2310

MrsOliver2b

Wow - It all looks stunning! x

MrsOliver2b, Jun 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. flo2310

juliak

Flo, I point blank refuse to look at any more of your pictures!!!!!! I think I might cancel my day and steal yours instead!
    I don't think theres anything there that i'm not keen on, I just LOVE it all, very classy, traditional and downright yummy!!!!!!
    Grrr, i'm very jealous of everything/everyone today, is any one else getting any bride envy......nope, just me then!

juliak, Jun 17, 2010
  4. flo2310

MrsBoucher2B2012

it all looks amazing flo.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 17, 2010
  5. flo2310

ilovepink1984

You get married the day after me!! :D And youare far more organised! :lol: All looks so fab. Love all of your things very much! And I am so jealous you are having your reception at Hampton Court. I LOVE it there and the pics are going to be simply amazing. Julia - I too have bride envy!! Fingers crossed the weather is good for the pics - mainly because that means it shoud be nice for mine too!!! :lol:

ilovepink1984, Jun 17, 2010
  6. flo2310

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

I definantly have bride envy especially with Hampton court it looks stunning!!! Love your colour purple aswell its such a lovely vibrant colour!
    Your honeymoon looks stunning!!! Ok I am EXTREMELY jealous now :) well done though hun it all truely does look amazing xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 17, 2010
  7. flo2310

iPrincess26

Yep I have bride envy too! HCP looks fab!

iPrincess26, Jun 17, 2010
  8. flo2310

Becky

Wow that all looks fantastic!! Another case of bride envy here! :)

Becky, Jun 17, 2010
  9. flo2310

Mrs T2B (Kel)

wow.. very lovely. I love the purple! very regal and therefore fitting for you to be at hampton court palace! [​IMG]

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 17, 2010
  10. flo2310

flo2310

Thank you all so much :) you know what it's like... you think your ideas are great (because they are yours!) but to hear people you don't know and who are planning the same day as you saying that it is looking good is really uplifting and makes me think "You know what? This could all come together and actually work"!!
    HCP is really truely great, our reception room is not "all that" but we love the palace (and the era of the Tudors) and the opportunities for photographs are amazing.

Hah! I'm sorry I put so many pics up... think I got a bit carried away!

I really didn't think I was that organised until I put it all down like this... makes me realise I have actually done quite a bit! October is clearly a GREAT month to get married!! I have got EVERYTHING crossed for good weather.. but at the same time, I chose October as I was going to plan for it to rain, so if it's sunny it will be a BIG bonus!

Are you doing much planning for wet weather, or just keeping your fingers crossed?

I'd never thought of the "regal" side of the purple! That's a good point :D

Thanks again ladies...

xx

flo2310, Jun 17, 2010
  11. flo2310

juliak

Oh no, Flo, I didn't mean that!!! I meant I was too jealous to look at more, I was only joking, I can't wait to see MORE!!!!

juliak, Jun 17, 2010
  12. flo2310

poppleminster

Oh how awesome are your plans? The pics are lovely, can't wait to see ones from the day itself. What a wonderful idea to have Hampton Court! :)

poppleminster, Jun 18, 2010
  13. flo2310

ilovepink1984

No, no real plans for wet weather really. Because we get married at a school, the chapel is down a LONG path and all the guests have to park around the back of the school so as not to block the gorgeous front of the school for photo ops. Am going to have to supply the Ushers with umbrellas to walk everyone down if its raining. My car will be allowedto drive right to the chapel so I shuld be fine. Also, the interior of the school (old Victorian mansion) is beautiful and the photographers have proper studio lights so if its really bad we can have our photos taken inside at various places inside so shouldn't be too bad. We are also saving money on canapes at the reception venue by getting the school catering company to prvide tea and coffee in case its cold and some food - undecided what yet! -back up at the school whilst we are having our photos taken - and all for FREE!! What about you?

I love October, one of my fav months and my mum is 50 on halloween, a week after our wedding. Normally get some nice weather too so everything is crossed that it will be lovely! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 18, 2010
  14. flo2310

poppleminster

Pink that all sounds so wonderful! I adore Autumn and was going to be married on oct 6th but have brought that forward to 22 Sep for the venue we wanted. Only 4 months and 4 days for you!

poppleminster, Jun 18, 2010
  15. flo2310

flo2310

Hehe! I know you didn't mean it :) but honestly - I didn't realise just how many photos I did put up!

Well just outside the Garden Room is a patio area where we are going to have a marquee type thing - they call them "sun umbrellas" but they have heaters and sides incase it does rain - makes the room feel bigger as people can come and go as they please. HCP is fab inside and out, so photo opportunities will be numerous if it does rain.
    I also LOVE October too! Last year our weddings days were nice and sunny...so hopefully they will be this year too! But still need a "plan b"!! Also, my Grandad turns 90 on 26th October - I'm going to make a very short speach and bring out a cake for him...

xx

flo2310, Jun 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question