My Planning So Far

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by ilovepink1984, May 12, 2010.

1. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Hi all. Thought I'd start my own thread as I have a few more things sorted out now. Got some bargains on my flowergirl dress and car today. Yay!

Both me and H2B are teachers and we are getting married at his school, Cokethorpe in Witney, Oxfordshire, a private school from 3-18. They have their own private chapel and extensive grounds so hopefully the weather holds out for lovely pictures. Our 2 children were also christened there, so its very special to us [​IMG]

Here's the chapel
    [​IMG][​IMG]This is the school and grounds

This is my beautiful dress! Its Benjamin Roberts 2118. Love it so much!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here is my BM dress. Its Ebony Rose, style Cassie. I'm having it in raspberry and ivory.

[​IMG]

Here is my flowergirl dress and furry shrug from Debenhams for my little girl who will be nearly 4 when we get married. I think she'll look very cute. Got 20% off in the sale today. Yay!

[​IMG][​IMG]

I think I am having a David Austin rose bouquet. I wanted Ranunculus but this is out of season in the autumn and these look quite similar. I am having pink roses and BMs are having a smaller version of the cream in the pic below. My daughter will have a little posy of 3 pink roses. H2B is having a pink buttonhole and the rest are having cream.

[​IMG][​IMG]

ilovepink1984, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Got a good deal on my car today too. Popped in to see the lady whilst I was in town getting my flowergirl dress and got chatting. We were laughing at my H2b as he keeps moaning about paying for a car to take us 1 mile down the road and she knocked £70 off! We get 4 journeys, bottle of champagne and pink ribbons for £150! Shes taking H2B and best man to chapel first, then coming back for BMs and my mum, then me and my dad and then me and H2B! Its a cream Jaguar S Type.

[​IMG]

Finally!, here are our invites. Nice and simple. Order of service etc all in same style. [​IMG]

H2B etc are having a grey morning suit with a pale pink waistcoat and tie and hankie are being made my the bridal shop in same colour (raspberry) and material as BMs dresses.
    No idea yet on accessories, veil, shoes, table decorations, underwear but feel so much happier now I've done this because I realise I am quite organised!!

Oh, and here is a pic of our little family!!

[​IMG]

Hope you all like! Sophie xxx

ilovepink1984, May 12, 2010
    vhc likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. ilovepink1984

MrsBrown

I love the pink roses they are gorgeous! I read an idea somewhere of someone who was going to buy parents a rose tree of flowers from the flowers used for the day. Im tempted to share my own planning now!

MrsBrown, May 12, 2010
    vhc likes this.
  4. ilovepink1984

Becky

Wow that all looks amazing - I love your dress and flowers! Can't believe that building is a school - looks veeery different to the one that I went to!! [​IMG]

Becky, May 12, 2010
  5. ilovepink1984

Mrsg2b2011

Its all looking amazing hun,how exciting. Well done you aswell for getting money knocked off. Love it when everyone saves one way or another. xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 12, 2010
  6. ilovepink1984

fall3n-ang3l

it all looks brilliant

sarah

fall3n-ang3l, May 13, 2010
  7. ilovepink1984

Helen

Looks lovely :)

Helen, May 17, 2010
  8. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Hi all. Thought I would finally get around to updating my planning thread as we get marrried in 3 weeks or 23 days!

Quite a bit has changed from above after having problems with the flowers and the lady who was orginally going to make our cake! Bit of a nightmare but its all sorted now and everything is falling into place - finally! We had our final details meeting with our venue last week and have paid the balance and we have just sent out cheques for the photographer, car and flowers. Only thing left to pay now is the cake lady on the day, my dress alterations and the hair and make-up along with a few little bits and pieces like small children's presents and socks!

Ok. This is me in my dress the day after it arrived back in the shop!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These are my lovely bridesmaids in their fab dresses. No alterations needed!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And these are theie shoes. Lola by Rainbow Club. We have trawled oh so many shops looking for shoes that fit both BMs and that go with the dress and ended yp with this pair - the first my SIL2b tried on in the bridal shop. Not cheap at £65 a pair but they go well with the dress.

[​IMG]

My flowers have completely changed after ridiculous and varying quotes for the same flowers. After a mock up bouquet using David Austin roses we were really disappointed with the quality of the flowers. Panic later and a complaining phone call to David Austin we completely changed our minds. I am now having pink milano roses, pink freesias, white/pink lisianthus and pink gerberas. The Bridesmaids are having ivory avalanche roses, white/pink lisianthus, white feesias and ivory gerberas with pink milano roses in their hair. My little girl is having a little posy of 3 pink gerberas. Looks beautiful all together and very relaxed/country style which is exactly what I wnated. Can't wait to see them! Also having a long and low arrangement for the altar/top table and some roses on the cake. Have no pictures though.

We are having a friends daughter make our cake now. Its been a bit of a hassle as she has given us no guidance, we have just had to tell her what we want - bar a few pics of her previous weddings. Cakes look amazing. Lots of googling later we have gone for 45 chocolate sponge cupcakes with ivory frosting and pink sparkle dust and 45 vanilla sponge cupcakes with pink frosting and an ivory rosebud sugar flower - all in pink cupcake cases. Then we are having a 6 inch cutting cake on top with white icing, a pink ribbon and fresh roses on top. All for the bargain price of £150 including her setting it all up for us - a one and a half hr round trip for her! Can't wait to eat them!

We are having 61 guests to the wedding breakfast - including 8 children! We have white linen for all the tables with hot pink table runners. We also have white chair covers with hot pink sashes. On the tables we have clear scatter crystals and an arrangement of 3 balloons - 2 hot pink and one ivory to tie the theme together. I have really doubted the balloons on many occassions wondering whether people would think them cheap and tacky but after quotes for table flowers being stupidly expensive for minimal flowers and visiting the venue 3 times on their open days I love the balloons. They look great on the tables and have a great impact.
    We also have mini chalk heartboards as our place names and all the tables are going to be 'teacher' related. The top table is 'Top of the class' and we have any others to choose from such as 'Dunces', 'Learning Support' (for the table with all the teachers on!), 'Teacher's Pets' etc etc. Feel free to give me more ideas!

We also have a sweetie table which mostly has pink and white sweets with pink and white striped paper bages and I have just ordered a pink heart sign to hang from the front. We also have a blackboard to write on as this is our 'tuck shop' which will be 'Closed' during the wedding breakfast and 'Open' during the evening reception.

[​IMG]

ilovepink1984, Sep 29, 2010
  9. ilovepink1984

Anon_SA

EXCITING!!! I absolutely love the style of the bridesmaid's dresses!!

And your dress is absolutely BLOODY AMAZING - what a delightfully huge train! You look so happy in it too.

TWENTY THREE DAYS! Jealous! :) But also oh so happy for you.

HOORAYS!

I think I might start me a planning thread today just so everything is in the right place!! :D Thanks for the inspiration ilovepink!!

Anon_SA, Sep 29, 2010
  10. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Still haven't decided on jewellery for my dress. Something with pearls/crystals or diamantes I think as all three are in my dress. I am having a veil made which is cathedral length, two tier with scattered pearls and diamantes on. It's stunning. I never wanted a veil when I first started shopping and now I have gone for the biggest one you can get. I love it as much as my dress. I have side tiara.

[​IMG]

I have had personalised champagne flutes made for our mums and personalised pint glasses for the men. They are fab. Also had champagne flutes made for me and h2b which we are going to have the toasts in with the speeches. The lady - Claire - whodoes them is so lovely and she has captured my dress and hair style perfectly. So much so I can't show the glass to h2b!! I will post some pics when h2b remembers to bring the camera home! The BMs have got a crystal heart necklace and I am buying them sparkly stud earring to. Also got some little lego sets for the boys, a Bridesmaid sticker book for my little girl, a disney princess puzzle book for my cousin and just need a couple of baby friendly toys for my little boy and my friends little girl.

My little boy will be almost 20 months old on the day and isn't officially a pageboy. He's not walking down the aisle or we would be waiting all day!! but he's on the front row in church with my cousin - his godmother - and is wearing a super cute suit! Wont let me save the picture so have put in the link.

Alfie's suit

Order of Service has also been sorted and is ready to print - finally! We are having 3 hymns - Jerusalem, Tell Out My Soul and Guide me O Thou Great Redeemer. We are also having 2 readings read my close friends - ! Corinthians 13 and 'On Your Wedding Day' - a lovely poem.

So I finally feel organised! Just the table plan to finalise and print in our 'Teacher noticeboard' style, the table names to finalise and print and the little things to finish - jewellery, couple of children's presents, black socks for the men, stockings and need to book a manicure! Have my hair trial on Saturday with my 2 Bridesmaids which is estimated to take about 5 hrs! Should be fun though as I've know my hairdresser since I was 12 (14 years) so shes like a friend and she's coming to my mum's house so its nice and relaxed. And after we are all glammed up its my HEN NIGHT!! Yay! No idea what we are doing except it starts with a meal as a couple of my friends are pregnant. My sister has dropped hints at ridiculous outfits so I'll report back on Monday!!

Hope you all like!

11. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Thanks Salma! I Love my dress and its massive train - fell in love with it as soon as I put it on. Not sure how I will walk in it properly though but they are putting a bustle in for the evening so that should help.

The BMs dresses are raspberry pink and gorgeous. The bubble hem is fab. Really suits both of them - we had real trouble with this as they are both quite short and long dresses drowned them. We were worried they would be cold in October but we went with it as we all loved them! They have a corset back so its going to take forever to eget us all ready in the morning!

Def start a planning thread. You have loads of cool ideas already but would love to see it altogether. From what I remeber you have an Ian Stuart dress- AMAZING!

12. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Ooh and I forgot to add! My h2b is THE bigest Tottenham Hotspur fan in the world - its all he ever talks about! I got him Spurs tickets for his bday and he's getting a new shirt as well which only came out last week. I emailed Spurs in April to ask whether they would send a letter wishing us good luck. They emailed straight back saying they would be happy to - but nothing came and I forgot about it. However, last week! I received a letter from them in the post - postdated for the 22nd October and PERSONALLY signed by Harry Redknapp. I was expecting a naff printed letter with a reproduction signature - but h2b would still be thrilled - but the signature is handwritten as its been smudged! So excited to see his little face! I'm going to put it in an A4 clip frame and tie some ribbon around it and get the Bestman to present it to him in his speech. Don't know how I've kept it quiet for so long - noone knows about it and I'm planning to tell the Bestman the night before to hopefully keep it underwraps! So excited!

13. ilovepink1984

MrsC2Be

You're all making me jealous! My wedding is so far away and I want gorgeous lovely things like you!!

I love you in your dress, its gorgeous on you! Especially like the train and the back of the dress, fab. Seen your BM dresses before and still think they're gorge, that colour is ace. And I like your tiara, its sparkly :)

Anyone noticed that I pretty much like everything? I need to be careful or I'm going to end up with 1500 weddings squished into one :D

MrsC2Be, Sep 29, 2010
  14. ilovepink1984

Anon_SA

MrsC - that could be your theme! SUPERWEDDING!

Might end up being a tad expensive.. although you do have a nice chunk of time to pull it all together.

SUPERWEDDING!!

Anon_SA, Sep 29, 2010
  15. ilovepink1984

MrsMay2011

Oh how I love planning threads! - I've said it before and I'll say it again, the back of you dress, in particular, is spectacular!

You're so lucky to have that gorgeous venue as well, just thinking about if we'd used my old school, which looks, er, somewhat different!

Your table names idea is brill as well, love it! What about Class Clowns? Or the behind the bike sheds, tee hee!

Cant wait to see the photos from the actual day!!!

MrsMay2011, Sep 29, 2010
  16. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Thanks MrsMay! Believe me - your school couldn't be any worse than mine. Most of it was made of corrugated iron as a 'temporary' school during WW2 as its rural. Still there today! Was awful. But we are very lucky to have this venue for our ceremony. Its gorgeous and free!! They are even throwing in free refreshments during the photos. Awesomeness :)

Can't wait to wear my dress. Final fitting next Friday with my sister so we can practice lacing each other up!

17. ilovepink1984

Helen

You look amazing in your dress! The train is huge! :) Loving your bridesmaids dresses such a pretty colour :D

I like the table names, thats a really personal touch. Loving Mrs Mays idea of behind the bike sheds as a table name :D

Helen, Sep 29, 2010
  18. ilovepink1984

poppleminster

Love it all and the dress looks sooooo much nicer on you than just in the pictures. I love the venue, supercool that it means something to you as well as just being lovely :) Not long now, am so excited for you :D

poppleminster, Sep 29, 2010
  19. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Aw, thanks people. xxx

20. ilovepink1984

Becky

Ha ha I love the table names! :D

That tiara is lovely! You probably don't need much else in the way of jewellery, maybe a nice bracelet/cuff?

What fantastic news about the letter from Harry Redknapp! Hope he's got you a present as good as that :)

Becky, Sep 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question