My Hen In London...

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by flo2310, Oct 5, 2010.

1. flo2310

flo2310

Hi All,

Just thought I'd write a few words about my hen weekend that has just been. I had SO MUCH FUN! On the Friday night, my MOH and BMs organised a Kid's party with a "Hen" twist (the twist being the alcohol and grown up party games!). We played pass the parcel with prizes including condoms and willy shaped bits and bobs, general drinking games and there was a pinata! My MOH (also sister) also asked my H2B some questions such as "What was your most romantic moment with Flo" and "What is Flo's worst habit"... and she put together a DVD of the questions and answers - filiming him answering (like the Mr and Mrs Gameshow on ITV!) it was hilarious - and I got 6 out of 10! (Apparently this means I'm allowed to get married as I got over 50%!!)

Then on the Saturday we started at mine with vodka jelly shots then headed out into London dressed in 50's outfits (I had a great dress from vivien of holloway and me and my BMs had PINK LADIES jackets). We did a scavenger hunt on the South Bank, where the letters of my name spelt out different objects and we were put into teams to run around taking photos/collecting souvenires of said items... for example F was for Foreigner, L was for London, O was for Official etc... Again - hilarious and there were so many people laughing at us - but we just didn't care!
    We then headed to Las Iguanas for Happy hour cocktails and some food... from there we went to Bloomsbury Bowl, a 50's style bowling alley with retro seats and lanes... we had 4 lanes and spent a hour bowling, it managed to make a fool of myself by only getting 10 in my game (yes 10 out of a possible 300!!!) Then went into one of their karaoke rooms for two hours - which was great, I made everyone join in and as it was only us in the room no one felt too embarrased to belt out a song at the top of thier lungs!! Then we just danced the night away on the dancefloor the DJ played loads of old club songs with a mix of cheese which is great to dance to when a little bit worse for wear!!

Below are a few photos...

cupcakes.jpg me and a very odd shaped cookie....JPG me hitting pinata.jpg one of the questions on DVD.jpg

pink ladies.jpg me in my dress.jpg bowling.jpg s hens.jpg All the hens in the karaoke room.jpg
    Flo xx

flo2310, Oct 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. flo2310

ilovepink1984

Sounds really fun! Glad you had a good time. Love all the outfits and the scavenger hunt sounds so much fun!

It's getting so close now! I had my hen on Saturday too. Pics are on my planning thread. xxx

ilovepink1984, Oct 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. flo2310

Anon_SA

That sounds brilliant!

And you must tell me where you got that amazing dress!! :)

Anon_SA, Oct 5, 2010
  4. flo2310

iPrincess26

That looked like it was so much fun, and love all of your outfits, especially your dress. Not long to go now - looking forward to your pics and report!

Enjoy xxx :)

iPrincess26, Oct 5, 2010
  5. flo2310

Becky

Becky, Oct 5, 2010
  6. flo2310

flo2310

Thanks ladies! It was a great night!!

I LOVE Vivien of Holloway - this is the second dress I have brought from her and I have a third as my "going away dress" on the Big Day... As we travel for a little while to the hotel we are staying in and I want something comfortable to leave in.

It was so much fun - if you are London based and want a night out with a twist - def worth looking at Bloomsbury Bowl.

xx

flo2310, Oct 5, 2010
  7. flo2310

Anon_SA

Oooooh so many to choose from! I don't know which one to get!!!

Anon_SA, Oct 5, 2010
  8. flo2310

flo2310

There really are some amazing choices... my fav are the strawberries - my sister wore the one in black. They are amazing and really suit any shape and size and feel AMAZING to wear!
    Def worth an investment - one tip... check the sizing before you order, they are retro sizing, so normally a few dress sizes smaller than high street shops, i.e. a 12 in Topshop is prob more an 8 in VOH. xx

flo2310, Oct 5, 2010
  9. flo2310

Frogbitch

Everyone has VOH dresses but me!!!!!!!!!

(I'm really hoping my favourite pub might reopen before Xmas, and if it does, I was thinking of wearing a "Rizzo" dress to their next fancy dress do.)

http://www.vivienofholloway.com/en/category/50s%20Halterneck%20Polkadot%20Dress/1950s-halterneck-polka-dot-dress/24/

Perfect!!!
    (Dammit! It's sold out!)

Late update.......
    Just been invited to a charity do in a few weeks time. I have an excuse to buy a new dress!!!!!

Frogbitch, Oct 6, 2010
  10. flo2310

Helen

Fab! Sounds like you had a great time.

I love VoH! :)

Helen, Oct 6, 2010
  11. flo2310

flo2310

Perfect excuse to buy a new dress - and that Rizzo one is great! Good choice :) xx

flo2310, Oct 6, 2010
  12. flo2310

Frogbitch

I'm just a little worried that with my MOH wearing her's too, we'd look like the saddo twins!

(The Rizzo dress is sold out (dammit), so I'm now thinking of getting a sarong style dress)

Frogbitch, Oct 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question