My Hen Do!

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by Becky, May 4, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky

3 days to go until the wedding!! :D

I thought I'd share some pictures of my hen do with you all!

I had a fab time - we watched the Royal Wedding at mine on Friday morning, whilst eating bacon sarnies and pastries, and drinking bucks fizz (with all the OJ it's practically one of your 5 a day right?!).

Do you like my outfit?!

1.jpg

At lunch time we headed to a local champagne bar for a lesson in cocktail making! We were greeted with a champagne cocktail (I went for a bellini, yum) and then learned how to make a mojito. I was so pleased as I have always been rubbish at making them at home! The bar man went through it with us and then let us loose in small groups. After that we did the same with a cosmopolitan, which was really funny as this one involves a shaker! Could any of us separate the two halves to pour it out?! Could we heck!! Pulled some very interesting faces trying though!! :lol:

2.jpg

2.5.jpg

After the lesson came the challenge - we each had to make our own cocktail and the barman would judge who wins!!

Mine was gin, elderflower liqueur, and apple juice with a squeeze of lime - I made it in a similar way to a cosmopolitan. Sadly I didn't win - my friend from work who wasn't drinking made a delish non-alcoholic drink and won a bottle of champagne for her efforts! Very well deserved though, it was extremely tasty... I won the runner up "prize", which was a shot of Jagermeister. Bleurgh.

3.jpg

So after having made and consumed 4 cocktails each, we headed home for some games and champagne out of some cocktail glasses that my friend had decorated :D

4.jpg

One of my bridesmaids had sent a list of questions to Ian, and we played a kind of Mr & Mrs game. If I got any questions wrong I had to have a shot - and I'm not much of a drinker and really hate shots. Unfortunately, I got quite a few wrong (eg Q: Who is your celebratory lookalike? A: Pob - how the hell was I meant to get that!!) Unfortunately I got very drunk very quickly...

We headed out for a lovely meal, and at the restaurant there was a gypsey in the loos which read my fortune... apparently I'll live until 100, have 3 kids (2 girls, 1 boy), will have a long, happy and faithful marriage, and will attend a friends wedding this year. :D :)

5.jpg

After that we went for more cocktails, then headed to a more lively bar for some dancing!

All in all had a great night, but wish I hadn't done the shots (I didn't drink for the whole evening as a result!!) My advice to any B2Bs would definitely be to stand your ground and don't do anything you don't want to do!!

6.jpg

Becky, May 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

MrsBrown

I love your dress Becky! Another VOH (Jealous!!!)

Glad you had fun, pity about the shots but still looks like a good time was had by all!

How are you feeling? excited?

MrsBrown, May 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Becky

Yeah I'm feeling really excited! Off to the spa today for a facial, all over exfoliation followed by fake tan!

The only dampener at the moment is that Ian has got a really bad cough and I've got sinusitis :D It's making me feel a bit rubbish so I really hope it shifts quickly!!

Oh and the weather forecast is currently showing rain for saturday on some sites... fingers crossed...!!

Becky, May 5, 2011
  4. Becky

poppleminster

I love the photo of you :D Dress is awesome.

Sorry about the sinusitis - that's just rubbish. A nice relaxing day today by the sounds of it and will hopefully have you feeling all geared up for the big day! YAAAAAY. I cannot believe how fast time has flown. It's just gone so quickly yet always seems so slow - if that makes sense???!!

Ian = Pob. You should change his forum user name...

:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

poppleminster, May 5, 2011
  5. Becky

Zoe

Oh Becky, it must be pre-wedding illess. I've had a cough and cold since last Friday. Only just starting to feel better and am praying that my throat holds out for the vows tomorrow.

Zoe, May 5, 2011
  6. Becky

Becky

I'm feeling a bit better today - my head felt like it was in a vice yesterday! I hope you feel ok for tomorrow Zoe! :D

Poppleminster - I know exactly what you mean! At the time it feels like the wedding is ages off, then suddenly here it is! :)

Becky, May 5, 2011
  7. Becky

Mrsg2b2011

Oh Becky good luck tomorrow!!! I am so so excited for you, can't believe its here!!! I will be thinking of you. You looked like you had an amazing time on your hen do!! So can't wait to see the pics of your wedding xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 6, 2011
  8. Becky

MrsC2Be

Sorry I missed all of this - bloody holiday! lol

Looks like you had a fab time, where abouts did you go for the cocktail whatsit? Well fancy that!

Hope you both had a bloody brilliant day. Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about it xxxxx

MrsC2Be, May 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question