My Dress Trying On And Bms Fitting!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by ilovepink1984, Aug 20, 2010.

1. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Hello lovely ladies. I've been away for a week visiting the in-laws and had a mad week this week sorting wedding stuff out and then going to Majorca next week. Anyway, had my make-up trial on Wednesday night with my mum and 2 BMs. Loved it - was really apprehensive beforehand as I rarely wear anything but she did a fab job and I think shes a bargain - £150 for the trial for the 4 of us and the makeup on the day - and shes travelling half an hour to our venue! She's also throwing in false eyelashes for the BMs and an eyebrow shape for me!! Bargainous. We forgot to take pics though unfortunately as we were excited and got carried away talking about wedding things and doing a forst attempt at a seating plan - nightmare!!!

Anyway, yesterday the BMs had their dress fitting and I got to try on MY dress! Was so fab. The BMs need no alterations at all so their dresses just need steaming and collecting the day before and mine only needs a small bit of alteration around the bust. It fit almost perect. We spent an hour and a half prancing around the shop trying shoes, veils and tiaras on. Going back on the 10th September for my first proper fitting. Its all getting too real now. 63 days to go!!

Ok. We'll start of with my sister-in-law to be! Shes teeny tiny! We are thinking of having her hair simialar with a few more curls as she gets gorgeous ringlets. The flash has made the dresses look quite red but they are a gorgeous raspberry pink satin with an ivory belt. They are beautiful and the colour really suits both of them.

[​IMG]

Here's the back. They have a corset back and it took the shop lady 10 mins to get them both in - god help us on the day!! Please excuse the tag!!

[​IMG]

And here is my gorgeous baby sister! Shes also tiny. She's having her hair similar on the day to - straight and flicked out at the bottom with fresh floweres pinned in. The colour is a bit better in this one.

[​IMG]

Pic of the back is a bit better here. although a little blurred!!

[​IMG]

ilovepink1984, Aug 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Ok. Here's what you've been waiting for! MY DRESS!!!!!!!

Here it is from the front. The pleats aren't looking great as they have been squashed into a bag!!

[​IMG]

And another from a side angle - please excuse the face!!

[​IMG]

And from the back. I LOVE the back! It's meant to have pleats down the train but its a bit creased and little buttons all the way down the back. excuse the tag again!

[​IMG]

And finally one of us all together. Silly face again!! I'm dreading the photos on the day!

[​IMG]

What does everyone think?

What jewellery do you think we all need and what shall I do with my hair and what sort of tiara and veil? I love the cathedral length veils with pearls on but the one in the shop costs £195!!

Hope you all like xxx

1. Advertisements

3. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Argh, I'm so annoyed you can't really see the detail on the bodice!! Hope you can all get the general idea tho xxxx

4. ilovepink1984

airy_fairy

Be-utiful :) never mind about creases and details - if the overall is anything to go by your H2B will be v. pleased to see you gliding down the aisle :D

really really love your BM dresses too - who are they by?

airy_fairy, Aug 20, 2010
  5. ilovepink1984

iPrincess26

You all look fabulous, check out Ebay for Cathedral length veils I got my single tier plain one for just £26 from this lady Ebay You could send her a message and ask her for a quote. Not sure about jewellery though. xxx

iPrincess26, Aug 20, 2010
  6. ilovepink1984

Helen

Gorgeous! Your dress goes so well with your bridesmaids dresses too :)

You could have pink stones in a necklace to go with your dress? Pink diamond types would look gorgeous, check out qvc for their simulated diamonds they do lots of colours including pink, I think they call it diamonique?

You could have pink diamonds and your bridesmaids could have clear diamonds in similar styles if you wanted to match in?

Helen, Aug 20, 2010
  7. ilovepink1984

Mrsg2b2011

You look beautiful hunny, truley gorgeous!!! So excited for you!!! Have you tried ebay for a veil? God bless ebay!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Aug 20, 2010
  8. ilovepink1984

juliak

GORGEOUS Rach!

I think simplish diamond or swarovski necklaces. Def long veil, think it is a good idea to look on ebay etc to find a bargain, £195 is ridiculous! x

juliak, Aug 20, 2010
  9. ilovepink1984

MrsMay2011

BEAUTIFUL, what a fantastic dress, you're right, the train at the back is absolutely stunning. Love the crossover fabric at the top of the train, with your tiny little waist and shoulders above, before it opens out.

And the bridesmaids look beautiful, a flattering style for them both. I think the bubble hem with the nipped in waist makes their figures look amazing. And am a big fan of the colour, the Ivory as an accent works well doesn't it, and ties in to your dress beautifully.

MrsMay2011, Aug 21, 2010
  10. ilovepink1984

ilovepink1984

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I'm so happy with everything. I assure you my figure doesn't normally look this good, I'm by no way skinny and I am wobbly all over after 2 children but the in-built corset has worked wonders!! Just need to find some underwear before 10th September now!! The first pics of SIL - shes a size 6 and I'm a 10/12 - thats how good the dress is!!!

The BM dresses are by Ebony Rose, last seasons style but I love the bubble hem - really suits them both as they are both quite petite and also means no alterations!!

ilovepink1984, Aug 21, 2010
  11. ilovepink1984

Becky Administrator

Wow I love the dresses! That raspberry colour is gorgeous! Your train is just beautiful - and when it's all steamed it will look incredible :)

I agree with Julia - a long veil would look lovely. I also like the pink jewellery suggestion! Afterall, you are 'ilovepink' :lol:

Becky, Aug 23, 2010
  12. ilovepink1984

MrsC2Be

Love it all! You look lovely in your dress, and the colour of your BM dresses is gorgeous. I love the ivory round the waist, its a lovely touch.

MrsC2Be, Aug 24, 2010
  13. ilovepink1984

MrsBoucher2B2012

You look amazing.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question