My Big Day 6/5/11

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by Zoe, May 8, 2011.

1. Zoe

Zoe

Well, had a fantastic time on Friday, the weather was lovely and the day was amazing. Not managed to see many pics yet, but a friend has put some on facebook. I've copied a few to tantilise your tastebuds. We get out disc from the photographer in the next 10 days, so will add more on then. For the time being:-

Bride, Groom, Mum, Rhys.jpeg
    Confetti shot.jpeg
    Bride, groom, Rhys.jpeg
    cake table.jpeg

We're still unpacking all the bits and bobs and finding places to store things. Will do a full report in a few days

Mrs Zoe Roberts
    xx

Zoe, May 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zoe

poppleminster

Awesome! Really glad you had a wonderful day xxx

poppleminster, May 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Good stuff, you look fab. Love your lil lad in his suit :D looking forward to seeing the rest x

MrsC2Be, May 8, 2011
  4. Zoe

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah it looks like you had an amazing time hun, congrats. You're an old married woman like me now :D:lol: xx

Mrsg2b2011, May 8, 2011
  5. Zoe

MrsMay2011

Ah, beautiful, the confetti shot is cool and I really like the one of your little family walking together in the distance. Congratulations Mrs Roberts!

MrsMay2011, May 9, 2011
  6. Zoe

MrsBrown

Congratulations and welcome to the vetrans club! looks like you had loads of fun and are really happy! You look beautiful!

MrsBrown, May 9, 2011
  7. Zoe

Zoe

So, after I managed approx 4 hours sleep (due to a tickly cough keeping me awake), the day had finally arrived. Belinda, (my maid of honour) and I stayed over at the hotel the night before.

Northop Hall Country House.jpg

We got up, showered, dressed and went down for a hearty breakfast. We then decorated the banisters of the staircase with black, pink and white organza. I met with Dot the wedding planner and the chair cover lady and couldn’t help taking sneaky peaks of the progression of the rooms. What a difference chair covers make!

So, 10.00am came and it was time to make my way across to the hairdressers. Still no nerves yet, wondering if they’d start kicking in as the tiara was put in my hair, but all was fine. We drove back to the hotel and arrived back at our room just as Audrey (make-up lady) was finishing off my mums make-up. I had my make up done and was very impressed with the results

make up.jpg

Belinda (lastminute.com) decided she wanted Audrey to do her make up too, so whilst she was having this done the photographer came to the room. He took some pics of the dress hanging up:

dress front.jpg dress back.jpg

Whilst I was hiding in my room, the boys were having the time of their lives strutting their stuff and posing!!

here come the boys.jpg posers.jpg oh, and little Rhys and daddy my boys.jpg

So, the time came for me to put the dress on. Wooowwwwweeeeee. I felt like a real life princess. Melvyn my step-dad came to room to ‘pick me up’ and there we were, ready to go ..

me and dad.jpg

The music we chose for the ceremony was ‘Rule the World’ by Take That to walk down the aisle to. ‘Better Together’ by Jack Johnson and ‘From this Moment’ by Shania Twain to sign the register and ‘Greatest Day’ by Take That to walk out to.

I had the bridesmaids walk in first, then me and Melvyn followed:

belinda, jemma, madison.jpg down the aisle.jpg

The whole way down the (small) aisle, I couldn’t stop smiling. (I think this was to try to hold back the tears).

When I arrived at the front and met my husband to be I was awash with emotions (hence Melvyn wiping my tears)

mind my make-up.jpg

Then for the ceremony ......

Zoe, May 15, 2011
  8. Zoe

MrsBrown

Loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsBrown, May 15, 2011
  9. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Love it, you look beautiful. And I love the photos of the boys before hand.

MrsC2Be, May 16, 2011
  10. Zoe

MrsBoucher2B2012

aww it all looks so amazing

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 16, 2011
  11. Zoe

Helen

Sounds great so far! You look lovely ;)

Helen, May 19, 2011
  12. Zoe

poppleminster

Looking forward to the next installment, I love the pics ;)

poppleminster, May 19, 2011
  13. Zoe

Zoe

Then for the ceremony ..

It was absolutely beautiful. I started crying again, and this time Ste discreetly popped a tissue in my hand for me to wipe them away (bless). The vows were so meaningful and Andrew delivered the reading perfectly.
    putting on the ring 1.jpg

We then had the sand ceremony, which again went very smoothly given that it was a first for the registrar, the venue and us. I’d only seen it on Four Weddings and they did it as part of their outdoor ceremony.
    sand ceremony 1.jpg

Signing the register and the rings:
    signing the register 1.jpg wedding rings 1.jpg

Time for some family pics now. Throughout the ceremony our little boy Rhys was being looked after by Roger. He was as good as gold the whole time (Rhys, not Roger, although he behaved himself too).
    family pic 1.jpg

the greatest day 1.jpg

So, now time for the endless smiling for the camera. Did manage to grab a glass of pimms first though!!

most of the guests: guests 1.jpg

So, we went along the grass, around the trees, on the swing, up the path, down the steps, into the ‘cage’, on the bench, in the hotel, up the stairs, along the landing, down the stairs and into the ‘breakfast’ room. It actually sounds like one of the Doctor Seuss books!!!

Walking away 1.jpg tree resized 1.jpg swing 1.jpg cage black and white 1.jpg
    bridesmaids 1.jpg bench and bubbles 1.jpg

Indoor shots now (pics I mean, not the alcohol).
    top of the stairs 1.jpg zoe 1.jpg on the stairs 1.jpg

So, whilst all of these pics were being taken, the ceremony room was being transformed into the wedding breakfast room. This is the one aspect of the day that worried me as it was the only thing I was not in control of. I had left full instructions of the seating plan, the table names, the favours and the decorations, and all I could do was ‘hope’ that they would get it right. When I walked in and saw the results, I was amazed. They say ‘leave it to the professionals’ and what a wonderful job they did.

top half of the room 1.jpg cutting the cake 1.jpg

So, formalities done with the photographer, now comes time to eat.

We decided to have a formal greeting line to thank each guest for coming. Once the final guest had sat down, we waited outside the room for the toastmaster to announce us as ‘The bride and groom – Mr and Mrs Roberts’. As our wedding theme was all about ‘love’, we decided we wanted to walk into ‘All you need is Love’ by the Beatles (which was our table name). We waited, and waited and then realised that we were unable to hear the music. We could hear our guests clapping and awaiting our arrival. After a minute (which felt like an hour), we decided to go in, which ended up being on cue with the music.

The food was served extremely quickly and was fantastic. The staff couldn’t do enough for us. After the food came the speeches. Ste went first, and started off with a bit of banter, but ended up on a romantic note which included Rhys and myself. His 2 best men (one being his brother Andrew) had some good anecdotes. Then my brother read a poem he had composed about me in a ‘This is your life’ style, complete with some old photos for the tables.

So, time to leave the room and give the staff time to set it up for the evening. It was at this point my false eyelash started bugging me. I got some glue off my MOH and tried to glue it back on. It later became itchy, so I ended up taking them both off. (Little was I to know that I would have an allergic reaction to the glue and ended up in A&E on the Sunday as my eyes swelled so much!) So, I mingled outside and then soon realised that the evening guests were arriving. Just enough time to put on some lippie and perfume and start greeting the new arrivals.

The evening to follow .......

Zoe, May 20, 2011
  14. Zoe

Becky

Looks amazing and sounds fantastic! So sorry to hear about your eyes though - hope it didn't ruin things! xxx

Becky, May 21, 2011
  15. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Lovely stuff, sounds great :)

MrsC2Be, May 22, 2011
  16. Zoe

Zoe

Just realised I've not yet added the evening part. ...

Evening: At around 8.30pm we cut the cake and moved on to play the ‘Mr and Mrs’ game

cutting the cake.jpg

The Mr and Mrs Game. This was taken from the part of the tv show when the couple are in booths and hold up a pink or blue paddle depending on who they think the answer would be. My mum devised the questions for us. An example would be ‘who is the most patient. I would hold up the blue paddle (for Ste) and he would probably hold up the blue paddle too. We agreed on 9 out of 12 – not too bad eh? The guests really enjoyed watching this and commented that it added a bit of fun to the evening.

Mr and Mrs 1.jpg Mr and Mrs 2.jpg

We then moved on to throwing my bouquet – well, the one I made earlier. This was a little difficult at first as the DJ announced for all the single ladies to come to the floor for the bouquet throw. I think there were probably 2 or 3, so I asked him to announce for all the ladies to come to the floor. This worked better and I randomly threw it. Our friend who's getting married in Lindos next year caught it.

So
    now on to the first dance and the confetti balloon. Ste decided on the first dance song – Amazed by Lonestar, and I agreed as it definitely is a song which reminds me of him. The lyrics are very emotional too. Wedding tv has a lot to answer for - I saw the confetti balloon on one of these programmes and loved the idea. Basically, the balloon gets popped during the first dance and confetti falls over the couple. So, there we were, smooching away, and it took 3 attempts to pop the balloon. I was gutted at first as I thought it was going to fall down and not burst. Anyway, good old Dan (Hotel manager), managed to burst it and the effect was excellent.

First dance 1.jpg first dance 2 with confetti.jpg

Towards the end of the dance, other couples joined us on the dance floor. I’d asked the DJ to play a song for me to dance with Melv (step-dad) to – Drifters, Save the last dance for me. Unfortunately, he just played this without announcing it, so whilst everyone else was still on the dance floor, I spent the first minute or so trying to find Melv. I eventually found him and pulled him onto the dance floor just in time to get the last bit of the song. It was at this point that everyone moved off the dance floor for it to be just the two of us.

Dance with dad.jpg

We then announced the buffet being open, and I was straight up- there, first in the queue (brides perogative)!

Just one more pic to pose for then the night is our own. The 'cage' outside is lit up at night and gives a romantic feel. Although it started raining in the evening, both our mums helped carry the train of my dress across the grass and into the cage. Got a couple of romantic shots and then back in for the drinking and dancing.

bird cage.jpg

The disco wasn’t finishing until 1.00am, but I’m fully aware that a lot of people (especially those who have been drinking all day) don’t tend to make it until the end. With this in mind I’d asked the DJ to play Oasis Don’t Look Back in Anger at midnight. Ste LOVES Oasis, and we both agreed that this song would get everyone up ‘arm swaying’. Anyway, it worked and it did!! The downside to this was that that Ste and Danny hijacked the DJ and the following half hour was mostly Oasis and indie!! (until I whinged to the DJ to put some dance music back on). We finished the night with New York by Alicia Keys – the song that sparked off the whole engagement and the wedding day.

dancing.jpg

At 3.30am we decided enough was enough and retired to our bridal suite as MR and MRS ROBERTS XX

Zoe, Jul 26, 2011
  17. Zoe

poppleminster

Awesome! I love the cage picture, really effective lighting. You're a right party animal - i've already warned Ben that i'll be so tired after our wedding that i'll probably be in bed with cocoa about 10! ;)
    xxxx

poppleminster, Jul 26, 2011
  18. Zoe

Becky

Sounds like you had an amazing time - good work staying up until 3.30pm!! I was knackered at midnight! ;)

I love the cage photo, you two look so happy!

Becky, Jul 26, 2011
  19. Zoe

Helen

Fabulous! We were the last people to leave our evening do (well I did have to lock up haha) but I would have been gutted to have missed any of it. Looks like you had an awesome time ;)

Helen, Jul 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question