My 1St Home Made Invitation...

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by MrsMay2011, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

I had a go at making an invitation earlier, I'm not 'crafty' so I thought I'd keep it simple! My mum thinks it can do without the heart motif as well, what do you think? I'm in two minds? Sometime I agree they look elegant and understated, then I look again and think they look cheap and too bare?!

This is just a trial run, the actual cards I'm buying are a bit bigger & square. I think I am also going to get a wax sealing kit and put a gold seal on the envelopes. If I make 100 of these it will cost £36 plus whatever it costs for inserts, which I think I am going to get printed and cut to size at the local printers.

On the subject of colours, clearly this invitation is cream & gold, which would be my preferred colour scheme. HOWEVER (there's always a however [​IMG] ) all the detailing/beading on my dress is silver, and there's also an unusual not quite peach, not quite pink colour in it. Link : http://www.ellaparkb.../1-299-0033.htm

I personally don't think gold and silver look v good together, and whilst I'm ok with having a colour scheme that is separate from the dress, I don't want one that *actively* doesn't go. If there were 2 colours I'd say I DIDN'T want as my colour scheme I'd say pink or silver, I just don't like! I'm so awkward!!!

Am I overthinking it? Will it be fine having a gold/cream colour scheme with a silver/pink dress?

Attached Files:

MrsMay2011, Jul 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Oh my word, why is that photo so BIG?! Sorry!!!

MrsMay2011, Jul 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

iPrincess26

They look fab - I like with the heart motif and don't think they will look odd with your dress I think as they are not totally gold it will go with the dress (which is fab by the way) also I don't think anyone will be holding an invite next to you or thinking about the colours on them when they see you they will just be thinking how fabulous you look. :)

iPrincess26, Jul 3, 2010
  4. MrsMay2011

Mrsg2b2011

I agree with Iprincess! They look brilliant, your dress is gorgeous & no one will make the comparison so I think it will be fine. Well done you they look fab xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 3, 2010
  5. MrsMay2011

juliak

Don't worry about them 'clashing', I did my invites in black and silver then went and got a pale gold/champagne dress and the theme now is black and gold! I personally don't like silver and gold together but the invites are very seperate from the dress and people won't be bringing the invites with them and comparing so don't worry about that. I also have to disagree with your mum, Spence and I think the heart motif is perfect and that the invite might look a little bare without it. I think they do look elegant and understated, well done you. Go with what you think at the end of the day! xxx

juliak, Jul 3, 2010
  6. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Ha Ha, thanks for the feedback - I like the heart too, so thats' decided - it stays!

(I should have been clearer re colours - I meant if I make the whole colour scheme gold, not just invites, hee hee. )

x

MrsMay2011, Jul 3, 2010
  7. MrsMay2011

MrsBoucher2B2012

they look fine hun stop worrying.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 3, 2010
  8. MrsMay2011

Becky Administrator

The invite looks amazing, well done! :) I think the colours will work fine together - if you want reassurance, just look at the colour of the fascinator that the model is wearing with the dress!

And even if you're not quite sure, as everyone else has said, no-one will be holding the invites next to your dress :)

Becky, Jul 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question