Mr And Mrs Brown 10/09/10

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsBrown, Sep 24, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

vhc

wow! that bunting looks amazing hung up! you did a brilliant job.

you look so happy and beautiful (all of you!)

funny about that needle in the foot - you basically tried to stitch your own foot up, (oops!) then went to hospital and had to have it dug up and stitiched again! :D

oh dear, poor you and all those disasters - you still all look like you had areally good day.

xx :)

vhc, Sep 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Helen, sorry i didnt count them I just kept cutting until I ran out of material. I used curtain tape rather than bias binding as it was so much cheaper. I was really worried it would look naff because I had made it, but it was so high no one could tell if they werent the same size, shape etc.

MrsBrown, Sep 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

I just been sent some more photos from our time in the garden so thought would add this one before i continue. (I havent even got the prof photos back yet but out others were so good.. we are really lucky!)

The area for dining was set up very simple which fitted well, we had little rustic chalk boards for place cards, gorgeous flowers in the middle and little bars of choc tied in rafata to fit our garden theme. The tables were named after areas of the garden and the seating plan was made like bunting and hung from the barn doors (I dont have any photos just of the set up but hopefully you can pick some out from others.

You can just about see my seating plan in the back of this cheesy photo ha ha

So the wedding breakfast went without a hitch, we all took into our amazing and yummy food and the children all seemed pleased with their goodie bags and were very good.. then it was time for the speeches....

Dad went first.. he was so nervous but his speech was quite funny and sentimental for Dad. He did such a good job given he is not a public speeker and only embarrased me a little by telling everyone that I started with love for gardening (our wedding theme) at a young age when i brought in grass and started to grow a field for My little ponnies.

Then was my new husband turn... his speech was so good, so simon too!! He also linked it to the garden theme about how he had been meaning to write his speech but got too bogged down doing major projects in the garden but also talking about the proposal and how he proposed in the garden, hence why we were having a garden themed wedding. He was also very nice to me and to our families..

Then came the best man... well our best man wrote his speech whilst eating his meal.. not joking!! He was so nervous but had not prepared.. he had 5 cards with hardly any words.. his speech was 3mins long but I had to remind him to give pressys to the bridesmaids and then we had to look for them which took 2mins ha ha!! This is him reading the books he had been bought for ideas....

Everyone said he was winding me up and prob had a speech prepared but he hadnt, bless him he did a good job in the end and did say nice things about us ha ha (and it is hilarious!!)

So then we got to cut our fab cake.. I loved our cake!!!

MrsBrown, Sep 30, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

So to the evening do... first up we got taken off to have some photos with the photgrapher on our own (no guests following) which was nice.. when I get these will let you see them

Then the party began... our eve do was simply the best.. we danced all night, we laughed all night and I loved it! the shoes only lasted one dance and my dress is so dirty but who cares!!

Our first dance was to 500 miles by proclaimers.. ok not your typical first dance but it was one of the first songs we danced to when we met and sort of our song so we went for it.. it was ace.. We danced for a while.. jumping, swinging each other etc before getting everyone else to join in!

Then the ceildh began and everyone just danced all night.. noone really had a clue but everyone gave it a go and the feedback has been that everyone loved it.

so for food we had a hog roast, Simon belongs to a running club that is called trotters so a hog roast had been perfect for him even though I am a veggie. However i was a little mortified when they said the only way they could get it in was carrying it over peoples heads!!

Simon with some of his other runners (its not your typical running group... if you cant tell!!)

So then the dancing continued until the end...here are some of my fave pics and even had a couple of traditional scottish end dances (by the way we are not scottish by hubbie lived in scotland for ages- hence mates in kilts!)

I gave up trying to tie the dress up!!

And then it was home time, I was shattered but had loved our amazing day so much and apart from our few mishaps it was the happiest day of my life and i would do it all exactly the same!!

I might get more photos from others which I will add for you. Really hope you have enjoyed reading our story (I am sure there is something I will have forgotten but will add!)

P.s ladies.. I put the dress on at 1pm and didnt need to pee until 1am when I got back to the hotel!! so I didnt need to worry about how I was going to manage to get the dress up and the huge pants down ha ha!! My bridesmaids reckon there is somet wrong with me though were relieved they didnt have to help ha ha ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Sep 30, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Someone sent me a photo of the seating plan and venue set up.. yeh!!

MrsBrown, Oct 1, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

Anon_SA

Wonderful wonderful wonderful! Made me smile so much! We're having a ceilidh too (as I used to be in a ceilidh band) for many inexperienced people so I'm glad yours went so well!

Your cake is WONDERFUL! Wellies and all! You really made your theme work so well!!

Anon_SA, Oct 1, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

The whole thing looks wonderful, and everyone looks so happy in all the photo's glad you had an amazing day (despite the mishaps), the bunting, table plan and tables all look amazing too, well done and congratulations to you both again. :) xx

iPrincess26, Oct 1, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

poppleminster

I want your wedding. You can keep the husband as i'll use my own but I love your pics! I'm getting wedding envy again... :)

poppleminster, Oct 3, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thank you everyone

At first I was worried about getting the dress dirty but its not like I am going to wear it again is it (apart from doing ironing when noone is looking ha ha!!) I say to everyone, let your hair down dont worry and have lots of fun, dont get too hung up about stuff just have a giggle and it will go well! My fave pics are the ones of my dress spinning, (by this stage I was less worried about arms and lost jacket too!!) We are thinking of making these into our thank you cards instead of a tradtional cheesy shot!

MrsBrown, Oct 3, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

Brilliant, everyone looks so happy and like they're having a great time, just like it should be.

I love the way you decorated the venue, your seating plan and cake and everything is perfect with your theme, its all so lovely :)

MrsC2Be, Oct 4, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

Helen

I love your flowers :) it all looks so gorgeous B)

Helen, Oct 7, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question