Mr And Mrs Brown 10/09/10

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by MrsBrown, Sep 24, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hello,

Cant believe this time 2 weeks ago I was dancing the night away, had an amazing honeymoon and now to the wedding report. Being married is a little weird but nice, sorta not different but different if you get what I mean.

Anyway I thought I would start with the eventful problems of my day. My day was perfect apart from 2 things (and 1 after event which although upsetting at the time now has me giggling!!) This way you can all go oh no but then I can tell you all the fab bits!

So eventful situation 1: One of my little flower girls has epilespy, just 1 hour before the wedding she had a big seizure and then needed to sleep (there is nothing you can do) so I was minus a flower girl. Anyway she slept and joined us later and still looked amazing and is fine so not so much of a problem!

eventful 2:My MOH fell over, ended up in A &E and had 12 stitches in her knee. Luckily it was near the end but even so.. she is still on crutches 2 weeks later.

and event 3... they say it has to happen in 3's dont they!! So I loved my day, I felt so happy (though sad about MOH) and was just finishing up packing for honeymoon when Owwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! I stood on a needle. yeh prob a needle from all the buntin i made but I had a needle in my foot but the thread hanging out! Tired to pull it but it was stuck fast so A&E here I came... yes the first time I offically used my new name away from the wedding was in A&E!!!!! Luckily one of the nurses recgnoised my Hubby who works at the hospital, knew it the day after our wedding and allowed us to skip the queues. One xray later we discovered the needle had gone in eye end and the thread was deep inside and therefore if we had pulled it, it could have torn the muscles. Anthesetic in foot, scalpol to cut the foot, a few tears and a lot of pain and the needle was out. foot was stitched and I hobbled out of A&E, unable to get my shoe on. There was no way I could get the train so got taken to manchester to sleep in a hotel for 5 hours before catching the plane.... luckily though foot hurt it didnt interfer with honeymoon too much!!!!!!

Anyway, my foot is all good now (hubby tool my stitches out on honeymoon) and MOH is doing ok, so we can look back with fond memories and so the next installments of my wedding report will be happy ones but here are a few photos (that I have got so far) to keep you all going.

MrsBrown, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

sorry photos gone weird.. Ill try again

MrsBrown, Sep 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Ow ow ow!!! Your poor foot!!! Sorry but it makes me cringe bless you. Glad your flowergirl is all well now. Your poor MOH atleast she is on the mend too!!!
    You looked amazing hun!! So so happy. Can't wait to see more pics!!
    xxxx

Mrsg2b2011, Sep 24, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

It definitely does come in 3's!

My mum once stood on a needle the same as you - ouch!

Least you could see beyond it all and have an amazing day and fab honeymoon :) pictures look fab, can't wait to see more :lol: x

MrsC2Be, Sep 24, 2010
  5. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

So now to the good bits!

Lets start with the day before......

Thursday morning I woke up with H2b for the last time, no time for a lie in as had to get nails done at 9! Came out looking all posh with nail extensions and then I headed to venue with H2b (maybe we should have done this the other way around!) sister in law, mum, and in laws to hang 100m of bunting! This was the only bit we needed to do ourselves as the venue set the rest up but they let us go in the day before to get it done. So the day before my wedding I was up a ladder much to Mum's horror! Anyway I was actually glad to get it up as it allowed me to see the venue again and put it where we want it. If I say so myself it looked fab!!

That's when I started to feel excited.. the chairs were set out and tables up (though not decorated!) H2b wanted to play with music and show my sister in law how it worked as she was in charge of pressing buttons, so we played enterance song and had a little practice too........ and in just 24 hours I would be there....

So then in the afternoon, there was nothing else I could do, time to chill and relax. Lots of family and friends came to the house for a beer or two and the weather we just fab so we ended up with an inpromptu barbie with parents, brothers, friends it was great!! But about 7pm we all packed up and H2b headed off to the pub with his brother and a few of friends with a promise to be good!

So that left me, Mum, and 3 bridesmaids in our house (h2b was staying in a hotel) armed with a bottle of wine and the wii! About 10.30 we all headed off to bed.. for the last time as a single woman!!

MrsBrown, Sep 25, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

And then our wedding day Friday 10th September 2010.

6am!

I woke up to hear rain.. bloomin rain.. heavy rain! All week it had been fab and now the rain was bouncing.... I laid there trying to sleep somemore when I heard MOH play with her phone (she was sharing my bed due to lack of bed space) Anyway we ended up nattering and before long had been joined by Mum and 2 other bridesmaids and we were all on weather watch!!

So 6.30am we were all up and downstairs having a cup of tea! Hairdresser was due at 8am so we all had showers and then tucked into breakfast of crossiants, ditched the tea and opened the bucks fizz! Hairdresser arrived at 8am and set to work transforming 5 woman!

TIme seemed to be going steady with loads of time but then about 11am it all just started to happen, I was having my hair done when the flowers arrived. OMG the flowers were just amazing!!! I loved them!! the detail on them was fantastic and I couldnt wait to see the venue.

Then at 11.30, the little bridesmaids arrived (they had stayed at home with their dad), Amelia's first words were why is the lady decorating Aunty Jayne!! Bless her!!

BY 12 the hairdresser had finished, she told me 8am was a good time and initally I had said it was too early given she was actually only doing 4 lots of hair and 2 make ups but she said she wanted to give me plenty of time and she was so right.... from this moment on it all went crazy!!

This is us, all made up!!

Anyway, my Dad also arrived (he said he was staying out of the way ha ha!!) got his suit on and we go the little ones ready and so it was time for my dress!! I loved my dress, but when ever I had tried it on I had had scruffy hair and no make up and seeing it all done, with head dress etc I felt fab!! We were all ready and cars were here and suddenly it was time to go!

These are a few pics before we left

Me, Mum and Dad

Us already to go!!

MrsBrown, Sep 25, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

Becky

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your 'events'! I curled up my toes when I read about your foot - eek! Glad it's ok now though, and I hope your MOH's knee gets better soon too! :)

You look amazing! I loved reading about the build up to your wedding, looking forward to the next instalment!

Becky, Sep 26, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

Helen

Eww poor foot! :) Good job you didn't do it the day before your wedding though!

Your dress is gorgeous, looking forward to reading the rest :unsure:

Helen, Sep 26, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

gemw24

poor you. that sounded very painful. glad your better now though and enjoying maried life. The photos are beautiful xx

gemw24, Sep 26, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

iPrincess26

OMG at your "events" glad everyone is on the mend and like the others the needle in your foot made me cringe, glad you can look back on things and giggle now and that you took it all in your stride on the day. You all look amazing, looking forward to reading the rest. :)

iPrincess26, Sep 26, 2010
  11. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

I'm all about ditching the tea for bucks fizz! You all look amazing and gorgeous :)

MrsC2Be, Sep 27, 2010
  12. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thank you all for your nice comments, gone back to work today but hopefully be able to find time to do next bit soon!

MrsBrown, Sep 27, 2010
  13. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Continued.........

So we had been on weather watch all day, my bridesmaids tried to convience me that a tiny speck of blue sky meant that it was going to be blazing sunshine by 2pm and by lunchtime it was shining only for it to rain again as we were all setting off. Luckily the sun came out again by the time I got to the venue and stayed nice until way into the evening..... yeh!!!

The ceremony

Our ceremony was held in the barn at the venue.. here is just a little pick of it set up for the ceremony.

I was greated my the registrar and the other officent, got asked lots of questions and then it was time to go. The bridesmaids went first and though we had it all planned as to who went when, that all went out of the window and we just set off (funny you dont really care at the time!) We walked in to Katie Melua Wonderful world and it was lovely. I could here everyone going awwwwww at the little ones and then it was my turn and off I went on my Dad's arm.

This is me with my dad walking down, its a bit blurred sorry. He managed well without his crutch and his arm in the sling.

This was obviouslty first time I saw Simon and he looked so smart in his suit and with his button hole, he was smiling lots and I was just starting to feel emotional and like I could cry when I noticed Simon had tears in his eyes, I dont know why but I was so taken aback it made me stop filling up and I just grabbed his hand and said hi. Simon isnt always the most sentimental of people but he was grinning from ear to ear. He later said he was shocked at his own reaction, he said he knew I would look beautiful on the day but he was just shocked at the dress and whole picture.

By this stage I could also here simon's mum blubbing (there is no surprise there- she cries at everything) and one of my bridesmaids too!

The registrar did his bit, which went without a hitch apart from him asking Simon if he took me to be his husband... Simon just stopped in his tracks and the registrar noticed and said wife. Everyone laughed but the registrar was a bit mortified though we were ok with it, it was quite funny. My bridesmaid did her reading without crying too much bless her and before I knew it we were husband and wife and I got to give my new husband a kiss.

This is us signing the registrar. We listened to Pogues love you till the end whilst signing which fitted in great (we had been unsure about this music and nearly didnt bother with any but are so glad we did)

We walked out to Beatles All you need is love and what was nice that we actually got a few seconds on our own as they then get all the guests to come out to great you.

We then had a bit of a drinks reception with our guests in the gardens. I kept getting given a glass of champagne only to hand it to someone whilst I had a photo taken and lost it!! Luckily by this time my other flower girl had arrived and we just all had a nice time before the wedidng breakfast

Here are my rings

Ill finish off the wedding breakfast including the bit about the best mans speech and our amazing eve do as soon as I get a chance, but hope you are enjoying looking at the photos

MrsBrown, Sep 28, 2010
  14. MrsBrown

MrsC2Be

They are lovely photos. Your bunting looks fantastic as well, you're very clever! Great photos, you all look gorgeous.

Glad to hear that the weather cheered up in the afternoon too, always a bonus! X

MrsC2Be, Sep 28, 2010
  15. MrsBrown

ilovepink1984

Loving it so far and you all look fab. Bunting is gorgeous - well done you. Looking forward to the rest xxx

ilovepink1984, Sep 28, 2010
  16. MrsBrown

MrsMay2011

Wow, pics are amazing, your description of walking down the aisle and meeting you (now) husband brought a tear to my eye. And you all look so happy - clearly the little setbacks didn't spoil your happiness!

Your foot injury also brought an entirely different type of tear to my eye - ouch!!!

Congratulations!! (more please)

MrsMay2011, Sep 28, 2010
  17. MrsBrown

Becky

More fantastic photos - yay! :) That's funny about the slip up in the ceremony!

Your flower girls look absolutely adorable!

Becky, Sep 28, 2010
  18. MrsBrown

Anon_SA

Slip ups in ceremonies are wonderful if you ask me! I went to a wedding earlier this month where the organist started playing the exit music before the final blessing! We all just had to stand there whilst he played it ALL and it was hilarious! Safe to say the bride and groom loved it and it made their day!

Love all those pictures so much Browny, the room looks amazing!

Was it you who made all your own bunting?? If so - bloody good job!!

Anon_SA, Sep 29, 2010
  19. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Yer Salma, 100 m of the blooming thing! I had been worried that the traingles werent all the same size etc etc, but noone new. I nearly hired it at a cost £400 (and I couldnt have purple!!) but decided to give it a go. I was so pleased that I did, it fitted the barn so well.

MrsBrown, Sep 30, 2010
  20. MrsBrown

Helen

Fab pics :D

Omg how many flags did you need for 100m?! I've cut out 254 so far for mine :) :lol:

Helen, Sep 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question