Moving Away from Home

Discussion in 'Emotional Support' started by angle-jo18, May 13, 2010.

1. angle-jo18

angle-jo18

im not sure if this is the right place but i was wondering if someone can give me some advise.
    well i got engaged when i was 17 and i moved to the uk to be with my fiance, that was in september last year and now i really miss my family but if i got back i know im not going to be able to leave them again. I love my fiance very much and its driving me crazy trying to think wot im going to do about it. so if you have any advise, i would love to hear it.

angle-jo18, May 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. angle-jo18

gozzle

That's a hard position to be in :). Where abouts did you move from, is it far away?

Have you seen your family at all since you moved over?

I don't envy your position as I don't know what I would do. What does your H2B think?

Welcome to the forums [​IMG]

gozzle, May 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. angle-jo18

MrsBrown

if you havent seen your family since last sept, no wonder you are missing them!

It will be very hard to leave them again but maybe if you could plan to spend sometime with them on planned occasions you will know that you will see them again soon! Can they come to see you too?

It must be very hard moving away so dont worry about feeling bad about this. Its a big change. I am sure it will get easier in time but I dont think never seeing your family because its too hard to leave is not the best way in the long run.

MrsBrown, May 13, 2010
  4. angle-jo18

Hyamsy2b

Do they live far away? Have you seen them since you moved to the UK, and if you haven't, is there any way that either you could go and visit or see if your family can come and see you for a couple of weeks?

Speak to your H2B about what you're feeling, I'm sure he'll understand and try and find a way for you to see your family.

If you can't afford to go and see them, you could get skype and video phone call them on a regular basis. It won't stop you missing them, but you'll be able to see and talk to them.

Hope this helps
    x

Hyamsy2b, May 17, 2010
  5. angle-jo18

vhc

yes, i was going to suggest skype too - it's a great way to feel connected to distant family.

vhc, May 29, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question