More Stuff To Add. Mixture Of Planning And Fashion

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Zoe, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Zoe

Zoe

Hi there

Well, I've collected the bridesmaid dresses and got my 2 girls to try them on and they look (as tony the tiger would say) grrrrrrreeeaaaattt!! I'm so glad. I've attached the pic. I am going to get pink accessories for them. Considering the pink jewellery set, think it would look subtle but pretty. I actually like this set for me as well. Any thoughts on whether the bride should have the same jewellery as the bridesmaids?????

I'm wearing Romantica Roma in white - sorry I've not got a pic but there is one somewhere on this site in ivory. Steve (h2b) is wearing the white suit and a black shirt with a baby pink tie - (originally planned for Cyprus but we can't afford to buy / hire new stuff so hopefully it will be a sunny day or he may look a bit daft!)

I like the hairstyle - just need to dye the bits of grey coming through - not surprising with the stress I've been through and i'm still a YOUNG 34!!! lol

I'm seeing the florist that the venue have booked next Sat to see what pink flowers are available in May, but I like the long stemmed calla lillies (in pink if poss). Was thinking I could carry 3 and the bridesmaids could carry 1 each (cheap as chips - hopefully).

Our son (who will have just turned 2) will hopefully be wearing white linen trousers, black shirt, pink tie and a white waistcoat - similar to his daddy, but no jacket. Back-up plan of black trousers if raining.

Just got to do the invitations now. Think I'm going to do A6 gatefold with pink organza ribbon round them. I really like the wallet ones, but not got much time to make them.

Not much on telly tonight hence long post he, he.

Attached Files:

Zoe, Jan 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Zoe

MrsMay2011

All looks fab, I think the 3 lillies look very classy, and love the hairstyle.

MrsMay2011, Jan 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Zoe

MrsC2Be

Love the hair, it's gorgeous! Also really like the flowers and the jewellery.

As for having the bridesmaids in the same stuff as you, I quite like the idea of them having something similarto you, but yours having some sort of little extra touch, if that makes sense?

Bet your little boy will look ace next to his daddy :)

MrsC2Be, Jan 8, 2011
  4. Zoe

Becky

All looks gorgeous, and I especially love the hair style! :)

I hope the invite making goes well!

Becky, Jan 9, 2011
  5. Zoe

FlowerCo

You shuld have no problem with the pink callas, they are pretty much year round - depends how pink you want to go, but Garnet glow is a good pink variety and pretty available

good luck

Zoe x

FlowerCo, Jan 11, 2011
  6. Zoe

Zoe

Well, I think I'm getting a little more excited now - got my 1st dress fitting tomorrow. Bit nervous as I thought I'd have had a lot more time to lose weight. Fingers crossed it fits ok. Not really seen it yet as the one I tried on was ivory and mine is white. Will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Zoe, Feb 9, 2011
  7. Zoe

poppleminster

ooooh exciting. Will await news tomorrow then :)

poppleminster, Feb 9, 2011
  8. Zoe

Zoe

Well, been to try dress on and still love it! Got to lose an inch off waist and hips so it fits properly. Now the decision is whether to wear a veil??? Decisions, Decisions!!
    (p.s. I'm not that tall, I'm standing on a box!)

Attached Files:

Zoe, Feb 10, 2011
  9. Zoe

Helen

You look lovely :) That is a very pretty dress.

I'm not a veil fan really although I can see that one would look good with your dress if you wanted one.

Helen, Feb 10, 2011
  10. Zoe

Becky

Ooh very pretty!! Have you tried any veils with it? A short one might look nice :)

Becky, Feb 10, 2011
  11. Zoe

poppleminster

Glad all went well. I can see why you like the dress, it looks gorgeous :)

poppleminster, Feb 10, 2011
  12. Zoe

MrsBoucher2B2012

you look amazing.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Feb 11, 2011
  13. Zoe

MrsLetts2Be

Aww yo look gorgeous :)xxx

MrsLetts2Be, Feb 11, 2011
  14. Zoe

Zoe

Thanks for the responses. I was really nervous about going to try it on. I knew it would be the ideal dress for the Cyprus wedding, but given that we're now getting married here, I was scared it may not look right. Felt great when I put it on though.

Zoe, Feb 11, 2011
  15. Zoe

Zoe

We collected our rings at weekend. Keep trying it on (just make sure it fits of course) ha, ha

I've also taken a pic of my accessories. Still pondering over a short veil mmmmmmmmmmmm Anyone know where you can get a good quality one cheap??? I've looked on ebay and preloved already.

Guest book is now finished too. Got a plain pink one off ebay and I've stamped each page with our initials - just to make it a bit more personal.

Attached Files:

Zoe, Feb 15, 2011
  16. Zoe

iPrincess26

Ooooh all looks fab - you have checked the places I would've suggested for veil's but if I think of anywhere I'll let you know, if you fancy a cathedral length one I have one of those going cheap (really need to get a load of stuff on ebay (missed the free listings w/end though as I was ill).

iPrincess26, Feb 15, 2011
  17. Zoe

MrsBoucher2B2012

i love your initials stamp where did you get it?

MrsBoucher2B2012, Feb 15, 2011
  18. Zoe

Zoe

I got it off ebay - it doesn't seem to be advertised at the moment though. The title was 'personalised wedding stamp - bride & grooms initials'. It was £7.99 and free delivery. The seller is Skibo111 (big day, please remove if not allowed to name the seller). He was very helpful as the first one he sent the Z looked like an L. It was my fault as I chose the font, but he sent me out another one free of charge.

Zoe, Feb 15, 2011
  19. Zoe

Zoe

Hi, I think a cathedral length may be too much with the dress. Thanks though. Hope you're feeling better today.

Zoe, Feb 15, 2011
  20. Zoe

Helen

Lovely, very sparkly accessories! Also love your stamp idea for the guest book :wub:

Helen, Feb 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question