Money Saving Tips.

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Aug 20, 2010.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

There is prob a post floating round on here (or several) with all our money saving ideas, but I couldn't face trawling through everything we have written so thought I would start one.

So, here goes:

MONEY SAVING TIP #1

Photographers: Don't think you can't afford one when you see the prices at the wedding fairs - As the magazines all say you can negotiate a bit but if like us you are still seeing quotes for £1000 up over you may start to think about friends etc who you can get to do them for free. With a bit of creative thinking you can have some amazing photo's.
    Start looking around at commercial photographers - you may be pleasantly surprised - we actually met with 2 and it was hard to choose between the 2 as both had amazing portfolios (and actually are 1 of the group they phone in an emergency to cover their work) and they charge a lot less than the wedding photographers as it is not their sole source of income and have a fresh view for photo's with a difference and are not jaded to the Traditional photos that some established photographers maybe.

In simple terms think out of the box and you will be surprised at what you can find that you can afford - (Incase you think I'm like the magazines with a "small budget of £10,000" - your wrong our wedding will cost us approx £2700 I would love £10,000 but not sure what I would spend the remainder on - prob the honeymoon as that will happen the year after the wedding)

Feel free to add your own tips :)

iPrincess26, Aug 20, 2010
    Ian and Becky like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

Becky

Excellent idea!

I find the best way to save money is to just ask for discounts. There is always scope to negotiate. If you suggest a price that you are willing to pay, the best tool you've got is to follow it with a big pause... wait for them to make the next move. If you still want more, try asking them to throw in things you want that don't actually cost them anything. For example, asking the florist to throw in equipment (eg big martini vases, candelabras etc) for free rather than pay to hire - if they already have them, it won't cost them anything to supply.

Becky, Aug 23, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question