MOH/Pregnancy Advice

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by JennW3721, Oct 30, 2018.

1. JennW3721

JennW3721

I’ve been married for over 2 years and my husband and I are planning to start trying for a baby next summer after moving house. This means, should all go to plan (and I’m aware it could also not) we’re hoping to be expecting our first child around Spring/Summer 2020.

Recently I received news that my best friend got engaged; and whilst I’m absolutely over the moon for her and her fiancé, I’m worried that should our family plans have happened I may cause problems for her; particularly as she’s asked me to be her MOH and I could be around 7,8 or 9 months pregnant around her wedding date!

I’ve not yet discussed this matter with her, but I’m really not sure how to as my husband and I didn’t want to let friends and family know about our plans until they happen (as should it not go to plan, then it wouldn’t be an issue to cause concern with). In the end it’s completely her decision of course - but at the same time I’m worried about letting her down/making things such as bridesmaids dresses etc awkward for her.

Any advice for please? Thanks in advance x

JennW3721, Oct 30, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. JennW3721

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :) If it were me I'd just be honest with her. If you say that you're planning on starting a family at some point and there's a chance some flexibility in the dress may be required - I'm sure she'll understand. It's very difficult to predict these things, but at least if she knows it's a possibility then she can bear it in mind.

Becky, Nov 5, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question