Mobile Hairdresser Or Hair Salon... Hmmm Not Sure, Advise Please

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsT_2be, Dec 26, 2011.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi,

I have an issue that's going round and round my head on which way is best!!

You see, like to do this the cheaper option, I am getting hitched in Fakenham, North Norfolk but I live in mid Essex. My register office is booked for 1pm and i'm staying at a barn I've hired for the weekend from Friday mid afternoon to Monday morning. It's 10 mins drive from where I'm staying into Fakenham town).
    Obviously it's cheaper to go to the salon but I also have to get round of doing the trial..! Only way I can think of is do the day before! :wacko: Or find a picture and show them what I'd like.
    I will be going up and look around the town in the next few months and pop into few salon and speak to them about is probably a sensible thing to do and decide from there i suppose.

Thanks for any advise that anybody can give.

Wish everyone a Happy & Healthy 2012!! :D

xxx

MrsT_2be, Dec 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

MrsBrown

Hi. I had a mobile one as thought it would be easier than driving about. She did my make up too and wasn't that much more expensive however some off the ones I looked at we're very very expensive. The danger with choosing a random one is that you might not like them and even if you had a trail you might not be happy and could end up finding another. The lady I choose just did wedding hair and I found some independent reviews of her online.

Why not ask at the hotel or venue they maybe able to help you find someone?

Happy new year to you xxx

MrsBrown, Dec 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

Becky

Do you know how much it would be for a trial at the salon? If you'll be there at some point in the next few months then it might make sense to have a trial then? You could get in touch with them beforehand and see if they have photos of hair styles they have done for clients previously maybe!

I agree that it might be best to ask the venue whether they could recommend anyone :)

Becky, Dec 27, 2011
  4. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

My venue is a 7 bedroom barn i've hired for a weekend. I have been searching for salons and there are quite a few near a town I'm staying.

I'll find out when we pop up there and also wondered whether salon able offer to send someone to where I'm staying and do my hair??

I have found one place by Googling and all it's said "occasion hair, (consultation required) from £20".

MrsT_2be, Dec 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question