Mix And Match Catering?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsStobe813, Sep 6, 2011.

1. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Hello all,
    Just pondering around with things again as I could use a distraction today. Just talking to Matt about catering as we plan to use a catering company (pub has allowed us to use caterers ourselves or offered to put up "pub grub") but we wanted to serve up Breakaway bars among things too, which are sentimental to us. We aren't having hot reception food as our wedding is in Summer, so it will be sort of a "picnic lunch" which we wanted, as the whole day will have an informal, relaxed feel about it. Can we provide these as well as asking a caterer to provide sandwiches, or should we source these through our caterer? Any thoughts/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all :)

Helen

MrsStobe813, Sep 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsStobe813

Mrs T2B (Kel)

hey Helen... you're the first person I know who has sentimental biscuits :D couldn't you buy them from asda and give them as favours instead of involving your caterer - who would probably rob you blind over them :D

Mrs T2B (Kel), Sep 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsStobe813

poppleminster

Brilliant idea. I want pink wafers! The great thing about breakaway bars is tesco often have them on buy one get one free so it wont dent the budget. Just a shame you can't get the covers customised. Anyway, I should not be feeding your addiction, it's not March. :)

poppleminster, Sep 6, 2011
    Becky and Frogbitch like this.
  4. MrsStobe813

Helen

I agree with Kel, give them as favours :)

PS Popple I LOVE pink wafers, can you still get them?!?

Helen, Sep 7, 2011
  5. MrsStobe813

MrsStobe813

Lol Kel, well...when you have to feed the pair of you beside the river on £2.37 you grab what you can an make do! We ended up sharing a packet of Breakway bars and a bottle of Ribena! hadn't thought of using them as favours, though Matt wants to hand out keyrings we were going to use for save the dates, but postage was too much. Now I have to change the inserts on some 120 keyrings..eurgh! :-(

Popple, I wouldn't be feeding my addiction hun, but hospital don't think my Nan has more than 2 weeks to live, so I'm really trying to think about the wedding to keep me pulling through. Didn't really want to say on the boards and drag everybody down, but that's why I'm really ramming my mind with some of the planning at the moment :-( Customisable Breakaway wrappers, I should get onto that idea! perhaps white wrappers that can be printed somehow? Hmm.

Helen, I've seen them around! Check the biscuit aisle, pound shops do them, too! But go easy on them, they're addictive!

Helen

MrsStobe813, Sep 7, 2011
  6. MrsStobe813

MrsBoucher2B2012

you can still get pink wafers me and the little monster love them

MrsBoucher2B2012, Sep 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question