Miracles May Happen!

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by iPrincess26, Apr 10, 2012.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

As a lot of you know I have had a lot of problems with mobility after surgery to make new ankle ligaments out of part of my tendons and the startings of arthritis in my knees. This lead to years of depression which was compounded by an ex who had me almost housebound and totally dependent on him.

But ladies my miracle is in sight, it's just a dot of light at the end of he tunnel at the moment but it's Definately there. Things had improved without me really noticing ever since I got my job and moved permanently to the lakes last September, I was finally starting to get back to being me and my OH is great, while he doesn't let me over do it he is supportive but pushes me to do things.

When we set a date and started planning (ahem continued planning) our wedding the one thing that was really bugging me was having to use my stick on the day and it being in all the photos, also living where we do and especially with the wonderful weather we had I was getting frustrated that we can't go out for walks or a bike ride and while out taking photos that I love to do, I couldn't get most of the really good shots as I would have to walk a few miles from the car park.

Getting a little frustrated him self and seeing how much it was getting me down, Tom took to Google and started doing some research, he found a book on amazon called 'The Arthritis Cure' after looking at the reviews and reading the sample pages i decided that even if it was rubbish it was worth the £2.10 it was going to cost me! After it arrived I read it in about 3 days and it was a revelation!

I discovered that a huge part of my pain was caused by the depression and that there are supplements that are highly recommended and have vast numbers of research (the good mixed, mass studies) to back up he claims. Also I needed to start exercising to help improve things, so I decided to order the supplements and go and see my GP to discuss reducing my morphine and eventually coming off it completely it all goes well.

The GP was over the moon and further discussion lead to him saying that th problem with my knees is likely to be patellofemoral which is a softening of the cartlidge behind the knee cap which can cause it to pop out of tracking and is likely caused by bad biometrics lower down (my ankle injuries and that half my foot doesn't hit the floor when I walk) this can if not treated lead to arthritis, again the treatment is exercise and primarily cycling to avoid impact on the knees and strengthening the quads.

So with this in mind and knowing what NHS physio is like (oversubscribed and therefore useless as hey don't have time to provide the rehab the you need) I joined our local private gym who have been fantastic and tomorrow one of the trainers is going to devise a programme with me around my injuries to help strengthen everything.

Fingers crossed with all of this combined I will be able to get rid of the painkillers and mobility equipment all together! It's early days yet but I'm positive about it all, an I should get fit and loose some weight to boot, I'll keep you all posted, but all this has reminded me that there is always light at the end of the tunnel sometimes you just have to search hard for it!

Apologies for rambling on quite so much, I just wanted to get it out.

iPrincess26, Apr 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

MrsBrown

Good for you! Let us know ow you get on xx

MrsBrown, Apr 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

MrsC2Be

Excellent, Im really pleased for you, this is great news. Hope you get lots out of the gym, sounds like you have loads of great support, especially from OH. Keep us posted on how you get on hun xxx

MrsC2Be, Apr 10, 2012
  4. iPrincess26

Becky

That's great news! Sounds like you are on track to make some major changes in your life :) Another benefit of exercise is all the stress and depression -busting endorphins!

I hope the session with the trainer goes well today, let us know how you get on.

Becky, Apr 11, 2012
  5. iPrincess26

Helen

I hope everything goes well for you Amy! Keep us informed, it will be really interesting to see how you get on and I'm sure there are a lot of people who are suffering from similar conditions wanting some advice!

Helen, Apr 11, 2012
  6. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks guys! Can't believe the difference i'm feeling already hope it continues, I just need to remember to ease into things and not my usual trick of going in all guns blazing and injure my self!

iPrincess26, Apr 11, 2012
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Thanks Popple - I have to say I would never have believed just how much the stress and depression contributed to my pain, but it really has improved all ready over the last 6-8 months it's amazing how much difference it does make!

Also amazing just how little people seem to know this and no dr has ever mentioned it to me until this one - and that was after I told him about it, then he produced a book all about it, although I did point out i prob wasn't ready to listen to stuff like that before now!

iPrincess26, Apr 11, 2012
  8. iPrincess26

MrsBoucher2B2012

I am so pleased for you, let us know how you get on.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question