Memory Photo Tree

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsGroves2B, Sep 4, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I wondered if anyone had a similar thing or idea.

As some may have read on my new profile status update my Grandad passed away Sunday evening. My Nan (his wife) died nearly 18 months ago. My other Grandad died when I was 5 years old and Chris has family members like his Grandad who died (7 years ago today).

Chris' brother had a memory thing, but can't remember exactly what it was, but at Hobbycraft I've noticed that we have a wooden tree with several branches and places for photographs off them. We were going to get one of those and put a photograph of each person that has passed away as a dedication to them to be displayed at the reception, as a memorial to them so that even though they can't be there in person they are still a part of our day in some way. Candles would be nice but I think its a bit of a risk having candles by them, and I'm not sure what I think of those pretend candles that you put batteries inside.

Has anyone else done something the same or similar?

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

I like your idea, you could pop the photo tree by the guest book or something with a little note saying who they are.

I made photo boards with various photos on.

I did one of my parents, grandparents and great grandparents wedding photos. One of my husbands parents and grandparents. One of photos of me from a baby to our honeymoon (we went before our reception lol) and one of my husband the same. Here is a picture of it set up. I added little notes so people could see who people in the photos are and the dates.

HelenandMatt00292.jpg

My husbands mum died the year before we got married and we felt including her (and our grandparents who had died) in this way was good fun and not too emotional for anyone.

Helen, Sep 4, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Lovely idea. I like your photo boards.

We thought somewhere by the guest book or that general area.

Thank you for your help!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Sep 5, 2012
  4. MrsGroves2B

gildius

That sounds like a great idea :)

gildius, Sep 6, 2012
  5. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

I love the idea of the memory photo boards. Never thought of it myself, but is a wonderful way to incorporate family members who can't be there. Think I may have to put this idea into my partners head!

nikster1987, Nov 8, 2012
  6. MrsGroves2B

HannahMartin

Sounds like a really good idea, I'd definitely stay away from the battery candles - I think they'd detract from the piece if anything.

Perhaps if you're really worried about an open flame candles maybe use some fairy lights? That's a pretty way to light something.

HannahMartin, Feb 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question