Marquee Wedding

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by RubyStilettos, Nov 5, 2010.

1. RubyStilettos

RubyStilettos

Hi there!

I am newly engaged - actually I've just realised it's a month today!! My fiance Mark works for a restraunt who have a catering company who are willing to do our food at cost (I love them). So, since it's almost impossible to find a venue that will allow you to have your own caterers we're thinking of having a marquee. The wedding would be in or around Leicester where I grew up (currently live in Surrey) and we've been looking for land to put the marquee up on. A lot of places charge £1000s just to hire some land and then ofcourse we have to pay for the actual marquee on top! So we found a couple of places that were cheaper, such as Leicester Race course, however the photos on the big day are important to me. Do you think having a marquee on quite plain grounds will be something regretted when looking back at the pics? Any other advice on getting a marquee would be muchly appreciated :).

Thanks,
    Emma

RubyStilettos, Nov 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. RubyStilettos

MrsLetts2Be

Why dont you hire a wedding arch or something that you can hire to make the field more jazzy!

a friend of min placed her marqueee on a field but placed it not far from a tree that looked beautiful and then she hung lanterns and lights from it, she also hired a bench that was decorated with silk flowers and had all her wedding photos around those xx

MrsLetts2Be, Nov 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. RubyStilettos

Becky

Hi RubyStilettos - welcome to the forums! :)

I've been to a marquee wedding and it looked really nice - they dotted bay trees around the outside which looked really nice. Lighting inside would also make a big difference!

Becky, Nov 5, 2010
  4. RubyStilettos

poppleminster

Welcome. You could be sneaky, I have a friend who did it and it works like this...

You have the catering done at cost. If they would also be prepared to let you run the marquee at cost, you can book it through the business which means you get a far better rate. The other alternative to this is to ask for quotes saying that you are the wedding co-ordinator (do not whatever you do say that you are the bride), you can then haggle and get a better price than the bride would.

My friend did option two - I called and booked it all under my name as her wedding co-ordinator. They offer far better prices business to business than business to consumer. You're not even lying - you are the wedding co-ordinator. :)

poppleminster, Nov 6, 2010
  5. RubyStilettos

Helen

Where are you having the ceremony? Can you get the pictures you want there before you move to the reception?

I've been to 4 marquee weddings this summer and they have all had gorgeous pictures back so I wouldn't worry too much. You can personalise a marquee much better than some other venues too sometimes :(

Helen, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question