Marquee Decoration

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by LoubieLou, Mar 1, 2011.

1. LoubieLou

LoubieLou

I've been trying to think on how I can decorate our marquee but getting no where!

I just get complete mind block. Its our friends marquee (not hired through a company) so we have to decorate it our selves. I'm usually quite creative but this has me stumped ... any ideas????

LoubieLou, Mar 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. LoubieLou

MrsBrown

We decorated our barn with tons and tons of bunting, which I know a couple of other people on here are doing too. I made my own.. in purple to match our theme.

MrsBrown, Mar 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. LoubieLou

LoubieLou

hehe purples our theme too. was it expensive to make? x

LoubieLou, Mar 1, 2011
  4. LoubieLou

MrsBrown

It took a long time!!! I looked out for cheap material and even bought cheap duvet cover from asda! I used curtain tape rather than bias binding as that was tons cheaper and it was so high up no one could tell. The cost did add up a little but i did make tons off it!! I had this thought i was going to sew everyone but i soon gave up and used pincking shears instead.

MrsBrown, Mar 2, 2011
  5. LoubieLou

Helen

I've made my bunting from two duvet covers too. 2 king size covers has made me about 160 meters and I've used the pillow cases to make matching mini table cloths to go in the centre of our plain white ones. I made my flags double sided and also used pinking shears, although I have also sewn mine in case I ever need to wash it in the future .

Balloons are fun and pretty cost effective as well as being easy to do.

Also if you choose cheaper in season flowers you can soon fill up plenty of containers for quite low costs.

Or you could go for the less is more look, just have one or two real statement pieces and spend you budget on those.

You could also find somewhere that hires linings and have a funky lining and not decorate other than that. I've seen some really funky ones in gorgeous jewel colours that would look amazing.

Helen, Mar 2, 2011
  6. LoubieLou

LoubieLou

Ohhh Thanks for the ideas girls =) x

LoubieLou, Mar 2, 2011
  7. LoubieLou

Becky Administrator

I think bunting is a great idea! :D How about bay trees in the corners (or either side of the doors)? They look really nice, are cheaper than flower displays, and can be replanted in a garden afterwards!

Becky, Mar 2, 2011
  8. LoubieLou

Sarsaparilla

I made about a million meters of bunting for my friend's wedding last year in a marquee and if I do say so myself it looked fab - she also used battery powered fairy lights and tealights in decorated jars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sarsaparilla, Apr 14, 2011
  9. LoubieLou

Becky Administrator

Ooh does that mean you can borrow it for yours?! :)

Becky, Apr 14, 2011
  10. LoubieLou

Sarsaparilla

I may well do that yes :D

It took me days and days to do, I sewed each triangle individually, turned them and ironed each one... so for anyone making bunting I'd just advise you need to give yourself a lot of time to get it done :)

Sarsaparilla, Apr 15, 2011
  11. LoubieLou

MrsBrown

I emphasise!! I used pinking shears for mine and made over a 100m... it still took days but really did look amazing!!

Do your colours match? would be great if it did.

MrsBrown, Apr 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question