Manchester Hen Do Ideas....

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsMay2011, Nov 30, 2011.

1. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Hi all,

My sister-in-law is having her hen do in May next year, and her bridesmaid is trying to think of ideas. Most of the 'hens' have young children, one of them's currently pregnant with twins!! So she's ruled out going away overnight anywhere. (of course the lads, many of whom are the fathers of the aforementioned children, are having the stag on the same night and have nooooooo problem with this, having booked a weekend away at Chester races!!) In addition I think basically everyone is broke!! Sooo she's looking for something that will be really good, but not cost a fortune to do in Manchester or Stockport, mainly during the day, as I think the evening will just be going out in Manchester. I don't think she's necessarily after low key though, I think they'd quite like to do something 'big' but just haven't the budget.

I suggested cocktail making (a-la-Becky!) but I did that for mine too, so I think thats ruled out as she want to do something different, understandably. For the same reason afternoon tea at a posh Manc hotel (I forget the name now) is probably out as, again, that's what I did in the daytime.
    I also suggested pampering, but I think they need something that doesn't require going home and changing for in between day & night.

So ladies, I'm counting on you for some of your trademark good ideas please! :D

MrsMay2011, Nov 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMay2011

Zoe

What about seeing if anywhere does that 'fish eating your feet thing'. It's supposed to be good fun and some places can accomodate large parties and a glasss of champers if booked in advance. Check out Groupon for different offers available. It's so typical of men to get themselves sorted leaving the women with the childcare responsibilities!!!

Zoe, Nov 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMay2011

MrsC2Be

I'll have a think about it, Stockport is originally my neck of the woods so will see what I can come up with. :)

MrsC2Be, Dec 1, 2011
  4. MrsMay2011

Becky

When I saw the title of this topic I was just about to suggest cocktail making, then I saw that it's already been ruled out!

How about a craft class? You could maybe ask at Fred Aldous (art shop in the northern quarter) as they'd probably know about what's on. There is a coffee shop in Hale called The Art Cafe which does pottery painting (unfortunately they don't have a website though). Or alternatively, if you fancy something active, how about a pole dancing class??! I bet it would be good fun - but you might need a drink beforehand to help you relax into it!

I've got a friend who is a tour guide for Manchester, and she does all kinds of different tours depending on the group - I know she has done tours specifically for women before. She tailors them according to what you want, so it can be more like a pub crawl with interesting stories along the way, or a look at the underground tunnels, etc. Do you want her contact details?

Becky, Dec 1, 2011
  5. MrsMay2011

Becky

Have you decided what you're going to do yet?

Becky, Dec 13, 2011
  6. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Hi Becky, thanks sorry I should check in more often esp when I've been asking questions!

There is no decision yet, if you have the contact details of the woman, that would be splendid. It's an idea I don't think anyone else has thought of and can't do any harm to pass to the bridesmaid!

Thanks everyone!

MrsMay2011, Dec 14, 2011
  7. MrsMay2011

Becky

Becky, Dec 15, 2011
  8. MrsMay2011

MrsMay2011

Thanks Becky

MrsMay2011, Dec 31, 2011
  9. MrsMay2011

Sarsaparilla

You could go to one of the galleries or museums, the MOSI have some great exhibitions on

Or you could do a dance class or pole dancing class, go to the dog racing at Belle Vue (I think they do afternoon races?) or try and tie it into one of the city centre events like the Jazz festival or other music events they have in Albert Square

There's also the indoor skiing slope at the Chill FactorE - that'd be a fun afternoon, you can do sledging if you don't want to ski

Sarsaparilla, Mar 18, 2012
  10. MrsMay2011

BeckyBride

Keep checking on places like groupon and wowcher for cheap ideas. Birdcage at night is good for Hen Nights. - Check there website they frequently have a voucher you can print off for cheap entry! xx

BeckyBride, Jan 15, 2013
  11. MrsMay2011

Frogbitch

My brother in law is getting married next December, and it could be either in Manchester or Nottingham. I'll be paying more attention to this thread from now on!

Frogbitch, Jan 17, 2013
  12. MrsMay2011

Becky

Ooh sounds good, let me know if you need any ideas for Manchester! :)

Becky, Jan 17, 2013
  13. MrsMay2011

Bangz

I already have loads of ideas on what to do in my hens party but I think my MOH has a plan in mind. But I still like to read someone's version of their hens party!!

Bangz, Jan 19, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  14. MrsMay2011

Helen

Nottingham is great for a night out :)

Helen, Jan 20, 2013
    Frogbitch likes this.
  15. MrsMay2011

Mother Hen

I have always thought about going abroad for my hen night.... however have had a few great nights out in Newquay, Bristol, Cardiff * Essex! With all these new relaity TV shows I have enjoyed spreading my wings further afield... Newcastle is definately on my hit list!

Mother Hen, Mar 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question