Maid Of Honour- Something Different To Hold?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, Jul 30, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Hi!

Just wondered if anyone can think of something different that the Maid of Homour could carry instead of a bouquet? I want her to be a bit different from the bridesmaids, who have bouquets. Dress wise the difference between the Maid of Honour and the bridesmaids are that the bridesmaids have matching tiara and necklaces, and the Maid of Honour has a flower in her hair and has a necklace she wants to wear, which I gave her the choice of. I'm thinking she may have to hold my dress so something easy for her to handle! Hehe!

MrsGroves2B, Jul 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

You could give her a different coloured bouquet or different flowers. If you wanted something totally different then how about balloons, parasol, ribbons, a pet!, something knitted that fits in with your colours/theme, a lamp or candle, horseshoe.

If I think of anything else I'll come back and add it but that is what I can come up with from the top of my head! :)

Helen, Jul 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

How about a wrist corsage instead of a bouquet that way she is different while still co-ordinating while leaving her hands free to hold your dress if needed.

iPrincess26, Jul 30, 2012
    MrsH likes this.
  4. MrsGroves2B

Helen

A basket with something in, maybe petals for a twist on the traditional flower girl.
    Bubbles
    A flag

Helen, Jul 30, 2012
  5. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I've thought about the wrist corsage. The flower girls have them though! Hehe! They have a basket and corsage each!

I thought of having a smaller bouquet or having one that's a match of the two. I'm thinking of saving money and places I've seen are expensive! We have a lady at church doing our flowers in church, so I may ask her about prices for one bouquet.

I'm warming to the wrist corsage though, but I might consider asking her what she'd rather have. She's great at organisation and an eye for details, she said she preferred the idea of a flower in her hair instead of a tiara when I asked her if she wanted one like the bridesmaids or a flower, and gave me her honest opinion of how it would look, so trust and value her opinion immensely.

I'm just unsure! Hehe! Its one thing I can't make up my mind on! Bridesmaids is the main area we need to sort out now. Got plenty of time, but when there's not much left to do I just want to get it sorted! xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 30, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question