Looking To Move The Wedding Forward

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by sparkledream, Apr 19, 2011.

1. sparkledream

sparkledream

With recent events in mind. OH and I are looking to move the wedding forward to within the next few months. with a very limited guest list (25ish) and a teeny tiny budget (seriously pocket money!) i'm now hunting for bargains.
    this monrings task, is browsing for rings. palladium probably. where did everyone buy their wedding rings?

is a wedding on a budget of if we're lucky £2500 going to be tacky and sparce?

sparkledream, Apr 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sparkledream

iPrincess26

Not at all will it be tacky and sparce - you just need to think a little outside the box and get creative! Oh and have an eye for a bargain - although with all the help on here you'll have a fabulous wedding, believe me money does not equal not tacky and sparce ( I witnessed that at a recent wedding, cost a fortune and looked a mess!)

iPrincess26, Apr 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sparkledream

iPrincess26

For rings have you tried HPJ jewellers (think they are still around) they have stuff that is massively discounted. Will start thinking of other places for you. :)

iPrincess26, Apr 19, 2011
  4. sparkledream

sparkledream

thank you, i'm more than happy, with second hand, ebay, homemade and discounts. i've been looking on nhs discounts this morning. which is a option.
    i think the thing were going to struggle with is the venue and reception costs. (though i seem to be more willing to compromise on venue eg village hall, than OH)

5. sparkledream

Sez

Aww dont worry about your budget... it gives you more of a chance to make things personal to you... trust me, money cant buy taste!

this company seem pretty reasonable for palladium. i bought mine from smooch

http://www.weddingrings-direct.com/

Sez, Apr 19, 2011
  6. sparkledream

MrsMay2011

Hi Sweetie, I'm so so sorry to hear about you mother in law, big hug.

Whereabouts are you based?

I've found an all inclusive wedding package for £1,500 (this ones based in Rotherham) for Park Inn, they probably do them nationally?

http://www.parkinn.co.uk/cs/Satellite?blobcol=urlfile&blobheader=application/pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=Document&blobwhere=1301565751354&ssbinary=true

Obv. you'll have to get other things on top but we'll sort you out with some fantasic bargains!

How soon were you looking at? (I may have some paraphanalia going spare in a month or so.

At work so gotta go...
    x

MrsMay2011, Apr 19, 2011
  7. sparkledream

Sez

ooh thats a great find!

Sez, Apr 19, 2011
  8. sparkledream

Sarsaparilla

For a tight budget I'd think through who you know who can do things cheap for you, which is exactly what we're doing!! e.g I'm getting a friend to drive me to the church rather than pay for wedding cars, a friend is making a cake intead of a gift, have a late ceremony so you only have to feed people once :)

It won't be tacky and sparse, it'll be personal and intimate :)

Sarsaparilla, Apr 19, 2011
  9. sparkledream

sparkledream

guys, thanks again for your help. I think though, things have changed and we wont be moving the wedding. I dont know.
    OH text not long ago (i'm at work) saying that MIL have about 3 months left and wont be upto the wedding.
    It's a shame, as she would like to see it, and the family want her to see it too.

10. sparkledream

Becky

That's such a shame - can you go ahead and have a wedding soon on the off chance that she'll be up to it?

We bought our wedding rings from Amazon - it was really cheap. Ian's ring is palladium and I think it was £150 :)

Becky, Apr 19, 2011
  11. sparkledream

MrsBrown

Sorry to hear your news. Hope things work out for you. Thinking about you.

On a bargin wedding note, i think you can get cheap invitations on ebay, in fact everything on ebay is a bargin if you search enough. Priotise what you want and what wont make much difference, i.e favours are ok but will people really miss them/ is the money better spent?

Flowers are alos expensive, but if you get the correct venue, family and friends could help.

When I was little we went to a wedidng where due to some family circumstances they needed help with the food. they asked that everyone brought something along and everyone did, there was enough food to feed an army and we had a great time and a friend had pork pie and peas at her eve do and a friends band played. All these little touches can make a wedding special even on a tight budget.

Another thing is having a small inimate do during the day and a party for everyone else on a eve, less people at a sit down meal usually meals less cost. Or like someone said, get married later and then just have a party in the eve?

MrsBrown, Apr 19, 2011
  12. sparkledream

sparkledream

thanks ladies. i was getting really excited about starting to plan the wedding the day before yesterday. I emailed loads of venues, doug out my wedding 'research' thought about cheap ebay dressed, and looked on the net at second hand ones. thought about using some m&s vouchers we have to buy the cake.
    also i've emailed the council to see about having the evening do in a local park, to see if we can drink there. and was thinking about having amassive picnic.

MIL has good days and bad days, so it would be hard to tell if she could attend or not. OH is thinking best not to, and to get married another time. I would love to get married, and for all the family to be there.
    we will see what happens and if plans change i will let u all know

sparkledream, Apr 21, 2011
  13. sparkledream

Helen

I think your picnic idea is fabulous!

I can understand why your OH might be reluctant to go through with putting the wedding forward if your MIL might not be up to it.

On the other hand you could point out to him that by doing it this way and putting it forward then at least your MIL has a chance that she could be there and see you married (and this sounds horrible but I don't mean it in a horrible way) rather than waiting for her to die and then carrying on with your wedding plans afterwards? I hope you inderstand what I mean and aren't offended by that as I really don't mean it in that way.

My MIL wasn't very well last summer but we all thought she would get better, it wasn't until the day before she died that the doctors said actually now there isn't anything we can do. I think if they had said she has approx x months when she first became ill then we might have gone ahead and moved things forward as my oh is finding it really hard that his mum won't see him married now.

Keep us informed and let us know if there is any bargain hunting you would like us to do!

Helen, Apr 22, 2011
  14. sparkledream

ElmoGrace

Moving it forwards, at least having the opportunity for her to attend, if feeling up to it, is always a good idea. If she doesn't attend - then she still has the chance to see pictures and see her son married.

Plus that picnic idea sounds amazing!!

ElmoGrace, Apr 22, 2011
  15. sparkledream

sparkledream

thanks, I'm waiting for the council to get back to me about permission, but after getting all excited about properly planning things, and going to see a venue, i'm selfishly a little disappointed, but it will be such a shame if she doesn't get to see us get married, although OH has been married before.

I think i willl gather a few more ideas and prices, then see what OH says. also it takes 16 days from the date of request to be able to get married.

anyway, we will see. Mil is having good and bad days. mostly good though. and the whole familys helping and visiting.

sparkledream, Apr 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question