Lightinthebox For Bridesmaids Dresses?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012.

1. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Hey everyone.

I have been to several bridal shops with my four older bridesmaids and we are all yet to find anything we can all agree on and that is in my price range. I know it's my day but I want them to be comfortable, especially my twin sister who is a complete tomboy and lives in hoodies and trainers!!

I have been endlessly researching online and I just wondered if anyone has used lightintthebox. I am a bit reluctant to buy the dresses online but all the dresses are fairly priced on this website and can be made to measure. I am bit anxious about getting everyone's measurements right but my mother in law to be is a dab hand with a tape measure so I am not worrying too much. I have found 2 dresses I particularly love and my bridesmaids do too so this is a bonus!

But I can just see it being a disaster!! Please help!!!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsLBD2B

Becky

Have you tried looking for bridesmaid dresses on the highstreet? Might be worth a try, especially as there always seem to be sales on at the moment, and if you are nervous about buying online then it might be a good solution.

Becky, Oct 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

I have looked in a few places, it's getting my bridesmaids all in the same place at the same time which is proving difficult! Debenhams was quite disappointing as they didn't have everyones size in the same colour and style of dress and the sales assistant was anything but helpful in giving us info on ordering the correct sizes in. Then we found some gorgeous dresses in Monsoon which everyone loved but were way out of my price range!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 29, 2012
  4. MrsLBD2B

ThisKissx

Hello,

A friend of Leon's ordered her dress and bridesmaid dresses off light in the box.

They were really good sizes aswell.

x

ThisKissx, Oct 29, 2012
  5. MrsLBD2B

Becky

What kind of style are you looking for?

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
  6. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

I think I have found them, after much deliberation with my maid of honour last night! I wanted just a classic, satin floor length dress for my older bridesmaids and I think we have found something both her and my twin sister will be comfortable wearing. I have a link to follow, not sure if I am allowed to post it or not though! Also have chosen for my 2 teenage bridesmaids and my younger one as well. Not ordering till Feb as my maid of honour wants to lose a bit more weight. I am having a silver, baby pink and ivory them so I would have the older ones in silver and the youngest in baby pink. It's taken me ages to decide that!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012
  7. MrsLBD2B

Becky

Glad you found something, and I love the sound of your colours :) Feel free to post a link!

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
  8. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

I have actually found a pic of my wedding dress too, off to pick it up in a bit. This is the link for my two older bridesmaids dress...
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/Sheath--Column-Sweetheart-Floor-length-Satin-Mother-of-the-Bride-Dress-With-A-Wrap_p49623.html

This would be in silver.

And my littlest bridesmaid...
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Spaghetti-Straps-Floor-length-Satin-Tulle-Flower-Girl-Dress--HSX492-_p27651.html

So cute!

And the teenagers:-
    http://www.lightinthebox.com/A-line-Strapless-Knee-length-Satin-Bridesmaid-Dress_p249008.html

I would have the dress in silver and the bow in the same pink as my youngest bridesmaid.
    Sorry for all the links, I would just like to get people's opinions!!!

MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012
    Zoe likes this.
  9. MrsLBD2B

MrsBrown

How many bridesmaids are you having?

Your elder bridesmaid dresses are very similar to mine, but mine where shorter. The waist style with slight ruffles is very flattering, or so the bridesmaids told me, they were very happy

MrsBrown, Oct 30, 2012
  10. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Yeah my elder bridesmaids tried on styles with the ruffles that gather at the side, they said it made them feel slimmer. My sister is very conscious of her arms so she would be happier with a wrap. I am having 5 bridesmaids, 2 adult, 2 teenagers and my youngest will be 8 on the day.

MrsLBD2B, Oct 30, 2012
  11. MrsLBD2B

Becky

I think they will all look great together! I adore the dress for the smallest bridesmaid, that will look so cute!!

Becky, Oct 30, 2012
  12. MrsLBD2B

Helen

I love your colour choices, I like that you will have the different styles for the different ages too, they should go really well together :)

Helen, Oct 30, 2012
  13. MrsLBD2B

MrsLBD2B

Thanks everyone. It's nice to get reassurance from other people as you never know whether people are just going along with what you are choosing to stop you getting stressed!

My original theme was Ivory and Fuschia...went off this idea when I saw a display in the bridal shop where I bought my dress, it totally washed out the bride and I think on your wedding day it's your job to stand out! And the eye was instantly drawn to the bridesmaids. I love that colour though so it was a tough decision to make.

MrsLBD2B, Oct 31, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question