Lets Have A Rant!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsGroves2B, Oct 3, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Lets have a rant!

I'll start! I REALLY HATE MOVING!!!!

I love the end result and can't wait to get our new place, that's what keeps me going, but hate the whole packing and unpacking, mainly the packing and the cleaning of the old place! Still got a load to do, which I'm sure will be done by Tuesday when our keys need to be handed in, but still needs our attention. Got downstairs that stinks of cat wee, and do you think I can find where the cat wee actually is?! No! Poor things don't know what to make of the boxes, bless them, so think they're stressed, but our older cat has taken now to using everything but the litter tray for her business now! Not good when trying to pack up and clean!

To top it all I can't find the bin bags! A big necessity at the moment, and I also need to go out later to the building society, out for my Nan's belated Birthday meal and choir practice ready for a big anthem on Sunday, so it certainly feels like a so much to do, so little time to do it all in moment!

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
    (Keep thinking of our beautiful new place!)

MrsGroves2B, Oct 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Helen

It will be worth it! I always have a big plastic box with cleaning things and bin bags in so even during packing I can get to them, also useful when you get to the new place, you can run round and do a quick clean before the place is full of boxes.

Helen, Oct 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

TungstenAffinity

Moving can be pretty miserable, I agree. There’s just so much that you have to get ready and get organized and then you have to worry about the cleaning end of things as well. Packing is probably the worst part, but it’s all pretty miserable. You’ll get it all done! Plan it out and make sure that you have a set schedule to help you stay on track.

TungstenAffinity, Oct 10, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

We now have a carrier bag (no expense spared there! Hehe!) full of cleaning products I brought the other day from Home Bargains (love that place- so cheap for named brands!) as its next door to my work, and Chris brought some toilet cleaner and scourers (which I never got!). I asked my Mom to get a small pack of toilet roll when she went shopping as I knew if I brought the toilet rolls when I was at work I wouldn't be able to put them anywhere in the staff room! I need kitchen roll now, want some dusters, microfiber cloths and a can of polish, and want to get a cheap pack of toothbrushes and toothpaste (Asda do them for about 20p each so that will do for now). We have soap (one bar, one liquid bottle), washing up liquid, shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, I got me some disposable gloves (can't clean without them as it makes me wash my hands for ages and triggers off my OCD), Dettol anti-bacterial spray (only like Dettol!), bathroom wipes, window and glass wipes, cleaning cloths, think I have it all! Only thing I haven't got and really can't stand is bleach, so if Chris wants bleach he'll have to get it himself, hide it from me and use it when I'm not there!

I brought a box of tea bags, and will get a small bag of sugar and some coffee (neither of us drink coffee but his parents do so if they help us move they'll want coffee, and its always there for when we have visitors I suppose), and a bottle of pop and cordial to keep there. I think it may be worth taking some snacky things like crisps, chocolate, Pot Noodle kind of things, etc, maybe even a loaf of bread, so if we're still waiting for the fridge freezer to get cold (they're leaving that there along with the washer dryer) at least we have things to tie us over. I'll get a UHT milk for moving day(s) so that can stay in the cupboard if needed.

We did have some cleaning stuff but I can't remember which house its in (got things at my parents' house, things at his parents' house, things at his Nan's house and we're sleeping at my Nan's house, so don't know whether we're coming or going at the moment!) so thought sod it, get some fresh, the other will still get used and shouldn't need any for a while!

MrsGroves2B, Oct 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question