Let The Planning Begin!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by jojo, Dec 17, 2010.

1. jojo

jojo

I have found the whole prospect of planning a wedding 19 months away quite daunting but today I took my first few steps and am really getting excited and into it now.
    Today I phoned the registrar and they provisionally booked my date, I have confirmed with the venue the time of my ceremony and it all seems so real now. I have just bought wedding insurance and feel a bit more at ease now. I guess the next step will be looking at dresses and deciding a colour theme. I like the idea of gold or metallic and white, and I love candles, metallic sprayed twigs or feathers for centre pieces. My h2b is happy I am on this forum as I don't have to keep on waffling about things to him constantly;)!

jojo, Dec 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jojo

poppleminster

I know what you mean. Wedding talk seems to mean you lose friends and family quickly as they get so bored. Different when it's their wedding of course :)

poppleminster, Dec 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jojo

MrsC2Be

It's nice to be able to finally start to plan stuff. My wedding is forever away so I tend to have peaks and troughs in my interest and excitement levels. It's nice to be able to think about a little bit of the wedding at a time and not be overfaced with a million decision all at once though.

Don't worry about waffling to hubby to be in that case, waffle on here, the rest of us love it :) x

MrsC2Be, Dec 17, 2010
  4. jojo

jojo

Thank goodness for this forum. My h2b is in Australia this week and has had updates by e-mail on my progress, there is no escape for him!

jojo, Dec 18, 2010
  5. jojo

Becky

Ha ha that's brilliant! :)

Becky, Dec 19, 2010
  6. jojo

jojo

I am back to square one. Just found out that we have to bring the wedding forward by 1 month due to overseas guests flying from Oz, so I need to re- check availability with the venue, registrar and amend insurance. I just hope we get a booking as it was pretty tight getting ours for July 2012. The only bonus is it's one month less to wait!!

jojo, Dec 19, 2010
  7. jojo

poppleminster

I feel your pain. I'm in a similar situation in that I currently have no wedding date until the local registrar recruits an additional member of staff as they lost someone and the current government public sector non-essential recruitment ban extends to registrars. As such, I cannot book anything until they find someone else as the others are booked or someone cancels - and then I have to get the venue free... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Let us know how you get on. xx

poppleminster, Dec 20, 2010
  8. jojo

jojo

Oh dear and there's me whinging. I do hope you get something sorted. Its a shame you can't use a registrar from another district it would be so much easier especially if they had availability. I am sure I will get sorted, I just feel bad as I am constantly chasing up the co-ordinator for paperwork and replies to my e-mails as she is busy over the xmas period then I completely change everything. Oh well Brides perogative I suppose[​IMG]

jojo, Dec 20, 2010
  9. jojo

poppleminster

They are getting paid enough to handle our whims LOL :)

poppleminster, Dec 20, 2010
  10. jojo

Becky

That's a pain, have you managed to re-book everything? Like you say - at least it's a month sooner... every cloud has a silver lining! :D

Becky, Dec 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question