Just Married ! :d In Elgin , Scotland - Some Recommendations For Future Brides In This Area :) X

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by MrsFD, Aug 14, 2012.

1. MrsFD

MrsFD

Hi there ! I have just got married this month yay [​IMG] and wanted to pass on some recommendations for brides-to-be in this area ....

Inchberry Hall - this was our venue , very well set up and the people that run the hall were so friendly it was a great place to spend our special day [​IMG]

Highland Occasion by Design - Marie and her team dressed the hall with fairy lights, table cloths, fab centre pieces and chair covers and did a beautiful job - the hall and marquee were absolutely transformed !

Double Scotch ceilidh band - wow these guys were brilliant , great at getting everyone up and dancing, and teaching the out-of-towners the steps for the ceilidh and also great disco tunes at the end for everyone to have a boogie [​IMG]

The Ice cream parlour in fochabers - came to our evening reception with their ice cream 'bike' and the ice cream went down a storm , really glad we had them there and they have an amazing range of flavours - we had white chocolate and passionfruit, lemon meringue pie, cookies and cream and also a G&T sorbet, yum [​IMG]

There was only one dark cloud on our beautiful day - we went with a company called Good Highland Food for catering and while the food was mostly good they missed quite a few things and were unprofessional and unhelpful on the day, ie even unwilling to light the candles on the tables [​IMG]

But after over a year of planning we didn't let that spoil our day though ! And everything else was so fantastic we really did enjoy our day- the only thing I would change is to try and make sure for peace of mind that all the companies we booked were recommended which is why I thought I'd share my experience for those future bride and grooms ! Hope this is helpful [​IMG] xoxo

MrsFD, Aug 14, 2012
    gildius likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsFD

Becky

Thanks for sharing your tips! Sorry to hear that you had problems with the caterers though.

Have you been on honeymoon?

Becky, Aug 15, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question