Just Hired A Wedding Planner But Confused

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by pinkwillow, Jan 26, 2013.

1. pinkwillow

pinkwillow

i just hired a wedding planner and when met up to go over the questions, not sure what type of questions should she be asking me about wedding attire as it seem like she was going to do what she wanted .... confused? :wacko:

pinkwillow, Jan 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. pinkwillow

Becky

Welcome to the forums pinkwillow!

I'm not sure I fully understand - have you already met with her or are you going to meet her soon?

Becky, Jan 26, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. pinkwillow

pinkwillow

I have met with her, but confused about what type of wedding attire questions she should be asking us ?

pinkwillow, Jan 26, 2013
  4. pinkwillow

Becky

She might be just trying to get an idea about the bigger picture - ie what kind of wedding day you are looking for. If you are planning a traditional dress, with the groom and men in matching morning suits etc then she can match the rest of the day with that.

I'm just guessing here though! If you get the impression that she is trying to change things and make you do something that you don't want to do, then stand your ground with her. I'm sure she'll understand! After all, it's your big day, not hers!

Becky, Jan 27, 2013
  5. pinkwillow

charleston affair

She should be asking about the colour, theme, style for the attire, as a wedding planner myself I understand the importance of getting as much of the information as possible from the client as this will draw up the plan for what they wishes for, what has been set up already etc etc, but if the wedding planner you hired is gearing towards what she wants to do, then the red flags are flying, she is there to guide you and assist you with your planning needs not to take over your hopes and dreams for your big day, she should be listening and advising at this stage, just remember you hired her, dont let her ruin your big day by being pushy, make it clear to her how you feel, if you dont feel comfortable with her and its not too late you may be able to cancel the contract and find another wedding planner, good luck and congratulations.

charleston affair, Jan 28, 2013
  6. pinkwillow

RubyRed

If it was your first meeting then maybe she wasn't going into too much detail? Contact her...as your wedding planner you must have trust in her otherwise you might aswell do it yourself. I know I wouldn't mind a client calling me day or night if they weren't happy. This is your special day, so contact her to go over the details.

Hope this helps x

RubyRed, May 20, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question