Just Got Engaged!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sammy, Oct 4, 2011.

1. sammy

sammy

Hi everyone, I'm Sammy and I live in London. My boyfriend popped the question last weekend so I guess I'll be calling him my fiance from now on!! :D :D :D

Money is a bit tight so we're thinking of getting married in 2013 or 2014. I've been looking for venues online today and stumbled across this site, I thought I could do with a bit of advice along the way!!

I bought a wedding magazine yesterday and it had a 'to do' list thingummybob which scared the bejeezus out of me!!

sammy, Oct 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. sammy

iPrincess26

Hi Sammy welcome to the site and congratulations! If you have a nosy about the site you soon see that people have all sorts of great ideas for ways to save and make your wedding more personal at the same time.

The ladies (and gents) on here are great help so try not to let the list send you into a spin, the first things I would suggest are a date, venue and budget.

We also have a section to share your proposal stories if you want and read some of ours.

:)

iPrincess26, Oct 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. sammy

Zoe

Hi Sammy, Congratulations on your engagement, and welcome to the site. :D

Zoe, Oct 4, 2011
  4. sammy

MrsC2Be

Yay another newbie :D Congrats on your engagement :D x

MrsC2Be, Oct 4, 2011
  5. sammy

lauriex

Hi Sammy :)
    congrats on your engagement!!! Welcome to the site :)

lauriex, Oct 4, 2011
  6. sammy

Becky

Hi Sammy, welcome to BigDay! :)

I agree with iPrincess, a good place to start is to set your budget, and then finding the right venue which fits within that budget. Once you've set your date everything else follows from there.

So how did your other half pop the question? There is an engagement stories topic here - feel free to have a read and share yours! :D

Becky, Oct 5, 2011
  7. sammy

SeptemberBride

Congrats on your engagement.....you definitely stumbles across the best site, everyone is massively helpful, friendly and most of all supportive... xxx

SeptemberBride, Oct 5, 2011
    Becky likes this.
  8. sammy

Helen

Congratulations! Welcome to the site, we love all things wedding so really looking forward to hearing your ideas :D

Helen, Oct 5, 2011
  9. sammy

sammy

Thanks ladies!! I'll have to read through those engagement stories when I've got more time on my hands. My story isn't as glam as Paris or anything, my bf cooked me a really nice meal at home (he's an ace cook!) and popped the question afterwards. It was really sweet and very us :wub:

sammy, Oct 5, 2011
  10. sammy

MrsBoucher2B2012

Hi Sammy welcome to the site and congratulations. We are all slightly addicted to weddings here.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 6, 2011
    MrsMay2011 likes this.
  11. sammy

MrsMay2011

Hi Sammy congratulations!!!
    I got a bit panicked after reading a few too many wedding mags too "but...I haven't even got chair covers, sob"
    Think of wedding magazines as great inspiration for ideas at prices that only stupid people would pay!! Lol. Eg by all means have a lovely bird cage centrepiece, but sane people don't pay £300 for the featured supplier!
    Nice to have you on the site x

MrsMay2011, Oct 8, 2011
    MrsBrown likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question