Just Alittle Hello As Im A Newbie =)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrsQuinn2b, Sep 15, 2011.

1. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Hello Everyone,

My name is Stacey and im from Newcastle upon tyne. I have been with my fiance for 5 years and have been engaged for 3 years.

Im looking forward to reading everyone's posts and pinching a few tips and ideas, although im willing to share mine aswell :)

A little about why i chose the date im getting married on as it means so much to me and people always wonder why im having such a winter wedding when im a sunshine girl.

My Grandad was and is my best friends. I lived with him and my Nanna for about 13 years until the day he passed away and i could no longer live there without him. (Too painful knowing he wasnt going to be there) they have played such a big part in my life so i wanted to remember both of them forever and enjoy a happy day. So thats why i am getting married on what would be there 51st wedding anniversary.

Hope to share some ideas and tips soon.

Stacey xx

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 15, 2011
    SeptemberBride likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsQuinn2b

poppleminster

Welcome and what a lovely idea for your date! That's going to be so special to you :)

We're all a bit nuts on here and you are most welcome to nose around and see what we get up to, join in at will xxx

poppleminster, Sep 15, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

It will be a special day thanks, just hope i can hold back on the tears so i dont ruin my make-up :huh:

I have read some posts and think you are all great and seem very lovely people.xx

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 15, 2011
  4. MrsQuinn2b

MrsMay2011

Hello, love Newcastle! I used to live there years ago, many a night out on The Boat!Do you know yet where you are getting married?

MrsMay2011, Sep 15, 2011
  5. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Ahhh i had many of drunken nights trying to get off that spining dance floor!! hehe

Getting married at a lovely church called St Johns in whorton and then at the britannia hotel next to newcastle airport as there is a very good deal on =) xx

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 15, 2011
  6. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

Hello Stacey, welcome to the forums! :)

What a lovely way to include your grandad in the celebrations - that's a really nice idea.

It's a small world - my husband is from Cramlington! I love Newcastle, it's such a great city.

So when is your wedding date?

Becky, Sep 15, 2011
  7. MrsQuinn2b

Helen

Hello Stacey and a big welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your wedding plans, we love all things wedding here and there are always a few ideas flying about! I think your idea of sharing your wedding day with your grandparents is lovely :)

Helen, Sep 15, 2011
  8. MrsQuinn2b

iPrincess26

Hello Stacy, welcome to the forum. As popple already said we are all a bit mad on here and love new ideas and pics to look at! A winter wedding sounds fab and what a great way to include those who mean so much to you, when is your date? Have you got much sorted yet?

iPrincess26, Sep 15, 2011
  9. MrsQuinn2b

SeptemberBride

Welcome!! You'll have a great time having a nose on here and looking at pics etc!! Although I have to warn you, its addictive!

Looking forward to hearing more about your wedding and your plans. xx

SeptemberBride, Sep 16, 2011
  10. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Getting married on the 18th February 2012.

Yeah i have a bit sorted out. Im doing pretty much most things myself to save on money as i thought if i can do them why not instead of paying someone else. Have got some really good bargains too so very pleased with them.

Im having my own sweet table too, which i can not wait to put together. Spent an arm and a leg on vases and jars etc but i suppose it will all be worth it in the end. And my H2B has a very sweet tooth. xx

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 16, 2011
  11. MrsQuinn2b

Zoe

I had a sweet table for my wedding (got most of them from Macro). It went down a treat. Even had some left over to bring home :)

Any pics of what you've done so far?

Zoe, Sep 16, 2011
  12. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Have got everything pushed away in our wedding boxes. I will put it all together and get some pictures on here asap for everyone to have a look at, and let me know what you all think.

Yeah i went to macro for all my sweets ended up spending £120 on them as the H2B couldnt decide what he wanted so he might aswell of got every kind they sell. Sweetie overdirve on the day i think.

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 16, 2011
  13. MrsQuinn2b

Zoe

£120?? OMG - I thought I was bad spending £60. If you have any left over, send them my way. I looooovvvveeee sweetie tables yum, yum.

Zoe, Sep 16, 2011
  14. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

I nearly fell over when we went to pay for them. We are having 120 guests through the day but i think with that many sweets we could feed them for a week!

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 16, 2011
  15. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

From what I hear, sweetie tables always go down really well at weddings :)

And if you've got a lot left over, I'm sure they won't go to waste - you'll just have lots of friend and family visiting all the time to 'help' you!

Becky, Sep 16, 2011
  16. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Im sure my little brother and H2B would soon eat them all and i could share them out with my nieces and nephews.

Just cant wait for the time to come now, i have been planning for 11 months so being a bit impatient now and wanting the time to come. x

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question