Jenny Packham Spring / Summer 2013 Bridal Collection

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by Becky, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Becky

Becky Administrator

Jenny Packham has launched her SS2013 Bridal Collection, which to me seems to be a bit of a mixed bag... one thing that JP does really well is detail, and some of the dresses are, well, a bit on the boring side.

Here are some of my faves from the new collection (L to R: Esme, Muscari, Ruby)

esme.jpg muscari.jpg ruby.jpg

These are some that I'm not so keen on... (L to R: Cyclamen, Hibiscus, Hydrangea)

cyclamen.jpg hibiscus.jpg hydrangea.jpg

What do you think? Am I just being mean?!

Becky, Oct 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

iPrincess26

Nope don't think you are being mean, i'm personally not keen on any of them (it's just not my style!) However the first one in the three you aren't keen on Becky looks like a maxi jumper dress and not at all bridal in my opinion! and also not particularly spring/summery if you get what I mean, the top three are pretty but look a bit samey - again not my style so they are never going to bowl me over! Yet she has done some stunning creations in the past (your dress was fabulous and looked amazing on you).

iPrincess26, Oct 10, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Helen

While I wouldn't choose any of them myself I do like Esme, Muscari and Hibiscus. Gosh you have to be slim to wear her designs don't you!

Cyclamen does look a bit like a large jumper. I suppose it would be ok if you were getting married somewhere cold. I could find something I liked better though I'm sure.

Still I am sure lots of people like the ones we don't - it would be boring if we all liked the same!

Helen, Oct 10, 2012
  4. Becky

MrsBrown

I agree with your choices becky but I'm sure that for some woman even the ugly ones would look good. Some people can just carry things off and look amazing in anything. The first horrible dress looks a bit like my mums wedding dress only hers had a bit more detail on it but it was all the done thing 40 years ago!

MrsBrown, Oct 10, 2012
  5. Becky

sarahbanksy

She's released some more from her 2012 Autumn/Winter range - I'm not too keen on these in the video, I much prefer Ian Stuarts dresses, as I like a bit of colour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKlA3kU9GA&feature=youtu.be

sarahbanksy, Jan 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question