Jam As Wedding Favor?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Scarlett~lady, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

Yum. I might have to try that as I am partial to dipping chips in marmalade :) Has to be really, really cheap marmalade though, not the nice kind you eat on toast.

poppleminster, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Scarlett~lady

Becky

I'm torn between thinking you are both completely crackers and curiosity about this unknown potential gastronomic delight. Hmmmm :D

Becky, Oct 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Scarlett~lady

Frogbitch

Doooooo it!

Frogbitch, Oct 18, 2010
  4. Scarlett~lady

MrsC2Be

Chips and jam? And chips and marmalade? WHAT?!

Although, I don't know why I'm shocked, my favourite thing is mcdonalds chips/chicken nuggets dipped in strawberry milkshake....

MrsC2Be, Oct 19, 2010
  5. Scarlett~lady

MrsBrown

ermmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsBrown, Oct 19, 2010
  6. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

I blame it on the americans and canadians. If my grandpa had not introduced me to the culinary heaven that is grilled banana, bacon steaks, cheesy mash and lashings of maple syrup or true peanut buitter and jelly sandwhiches, i'd never have been so adventurous in adult life!

Oh and I was massively influenced by the 90's student programme on late at night entivcingly entitled 'Get Stuffed'. If you missed this little wonder then check it out on You Tube and weep in horror! The only requirements for viewing are that you be drunk, dressed innappropriately for cooking and it has to be very late at night so you don't actually care what you're doing. :D

poppleminster, Oct 19, 2010
  7. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

Forget youtuibe - here's the site itself. Check out eggs in a mess and gypsy toast, it's the most! :D I had forgotten how awful it truly is ...... oh the memories!

Get Stuffed

go on, you know you want to!

Guitar in the kitchen obligatory. When you're broke and depressed eat egg in a mess! Disturbingly, it actually looks pretty good, now where's my frying pan?

poppleminster, Oct 19, 2010
  8. Scarlett~lady

Becky

Ha ha that's brilliant!! :D I agree, looks actually very yummy!

Oh for the days when you could buy a loaf of bread and 6 eggs for just 94p...

Becky, Oct 19, 2010
  9. Scarlett~lady

Mrs T2B (Kel)

This is OOOOOOHHH SO TRUE! pay no attention to them! do exactly what you and H2B want and sod everyone else!

Good! [​IMG]
    Having a tea party and an Alice in Wonderland-esque theme we wanted little jars of jam as favours, with sugar mice. However that ended up being too costly, so we went for home made sugar cookies and coconut ice ... total hit :wub:

Mrs T2B (Kel), Oct 24, 2010
  10. Scarlett~lady

MrsBrown

I wont look forward to my jam as I am sure they will all take them with them and you wont be sending any onto us ha ha (and will prob go on to tell everyone that they got this great wedding favour, better than usual haha!- I can see it now!!!!)

MrsBrown, Oct 24, 2010
  11. Scarlett~lady

Amymel86

OMG! Just found this thread - I LOVE this idea and might do it myself! and as for everyone not liking Jam...hardly anyone I know likes those sugared almond thingys!

You could have a couple of different flavours and encourage people to take the ones they want from a display in the centre of their tables (or on a table completely dedicated to favours) instead of having them at each place setting??

Amymel86, Dec 6, 2010
  12. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

That's a cool idea, then people get what they like :)

poppleminster, Dec 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question