Jam As Wedding Favor?

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Scarlett~lady, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

Hi ladies, I get married in may next year and I came up with the idea of having jam/marmalade for favors. I came across a stall at a fete that was run by a charity that helps young adults with disabilites i.e downs syndrome etc, our friend has a little boy who has downs so it struck a cord with me, they make lots of different jams and chutneys, I never even considered them as favors until i got home and spread myself some marmalade on toast and mmmmmmmmmm ! it was the best marmalade I've tasted !!
    So I came up with the idea to share it with my guests, one as its gorgeous but two, mostly because it will go towards a wonderful charity. BUT when I mention to people that i'm having jam they always screw up their nose and say "but not everyone likes jam!" I don't want to give it to people if they won't use it, what do you think ? :) By the way the jams will have pink or navy gingham on with a sticker promoting the charity and one that says "spread the love" our wedding date and our names xxx

Attached Files:

Scarlett~lady, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

I really love the idea. I was thinking of doing little jars of home-made pickles at mine at one point and think people will really appre4ciate something different and carefully thought of. Helping the charity is a brilliant bonus too. Go for it :) It'll look fab on the tables.

poppleminster, Oct 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Scarlett~lady

Zoe

I think it's a wonderful idea. You're never going to be able to please everyone with the favours anyway. Go for it as helping a charity is an added bonus and will benefit so many more people than just your guests. :)

Zoe, Oct 12, 2010
  4. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

thanks ladies you're putting my mind at rest :)

Scarlett~lady, Oct 12, 2010
  5. Scarlett~lady

ilovepink1984

I think it's a fab idea! Its different to the norm and has been thought through and is heartfelt. Even if people don't particularly like jam I'm sure they would appreciate the thought behing it - esp as this is promoted on the jars and I'm sure there is someone in their family they could give it too if they didn't like it. Anyway - I've never heard of anyone NOT liking jam! I love it! There must be someone in every household who loves it!! Lots of favours get left behind anyway whatever they are and however much thought has gone into them so go for it! It's lovely! xxx

ilovepink1984, Oct 12, 2010
  6. Scarlett~lady

MrsC2Be

This is a great idea, how anyone couldn't think that is crazy! Its got meaning to it, which is far better than just something random put there for the sake of it :) and it'll look lovely as part of your table settings :) x

MrsC2Be, Oct 13, 2010
  7. Scarlett~lady

Frogbitch

I like that it's something that can be taken away, and that the jars can be personalised.

I say go for it!

Frogbitch, Oct 13, 2010
  8. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

Was thinking about this wonderful idea in bed overnight, as you do, that you could get plain or coloured rafia (really cheap) and cut out some tags to act as place names as well as favours.

poppleminster, Oct 13, 2010
  9. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

what a fab idea, thanks for that hun x:D

Scarlett~lady, Oct 13, 2010
  10. Scarlett~lady

MrsBrown

Some people!!!!! (rant rant rant!!)

its a wonderful idea (wish I had thought of it!!) Not everyone like almonds or chocolate or would want a mini photo frame, its the thought that counts and I think people would be pleased to get it, even if they take it home and do never use it. And better that the money goes to a charity and supports people with learning disabilities than pay an expensive company for something that is mass produced!!

My advice, dont tell people things about the wedding as people will always have an opinion or not like something, (just ask us on this site becuase we are sensible and rational- ishha ha!!!) I used to ask opinions but found that I started doubting my own choices (i.e with music) but it wasnt their wedding! plua they only see a little snippet and wont see how the whole thing is going to fit together! Also if I then went against advice, I thought that they would go oh I dont said I didnt like that, whereas they probably would never have noticed ha ha!! (if that makes sense!)

MrsBrown, Oct 13, 2010
  11. Scarlett~lady

MrsBoucher2B2012

I love it, can i have some? pretty pretty please??

Like mrsb said some people wont like it but you can never please everyone. Im making little biscuits bride and grooms and if people dont eat them then Gareth and Abi will.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 13, 2010
  12. Scarlett~lady

Becky

I think it's a fantastic idea! ;) Not only are you speading some yumminess, you are helping a great cause. Go for it!

It is so hard trying to come up with favour ideas that everyone will like - inevitably someone won't, so don't let it bother you ;)

Becky, Oct 13, 2010
  13. Scarlett~lady

Scarlett~lady

thanks everyone for your support !! i WILL do the jam and sod what people say, and if anybody leaves them I'll send them to you lot xx ;)

Scarlett~lady, Oct 13, 2010
  14. Scarlett~lady

MrsBoucher2B2012

Yay jam

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 13, 2010
  15. Scarlett~lady

ilovepink1984

Mmm, yes please! x

ilovepink1984, Oct 13, 2010
  16. Scarlett~lady

Mrsg2b2011

I have to say I think that is the most amazing & origional idea for favours I have ever heard!! Go for it hun, well done you and the fact you are helping a charity too is brilliant. Mmmm jam!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Oct 13, 2010
  17. Scarlett~lady

poppleminster

Need toast now. Hungry.

poppleminster, Oct 13, 2010
  18. Scarlett~lady

Helen

I think this a is fab idea :) Go for it! :)

Helen, Oct 17, 2010
  19. Scarlett~lady

Frogbitch

Is this a bad time to mention that I like chip and jam sandwiches?

Frogbitch, Oct 17, 2010
  20. Scarlett~lady

Becky

Chips & JAM??! :) How on earth did you discover that combination??! :)

Becky, Oct 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question